User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Extra Income

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

and the paper is suppose to be to the house by 6:30pm well i dont get mine till that friday when its due on wed. i complained but the person dealing with the complaint end was very rude. i will try to still get a paper run to as its very helpful and you get lots of excerise and its been so nice out that hey it wont kill me just make me stronger.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had similar problems.. couponcrazy.. thats why I pm'd you lol.. the other day I spoke to the person delivering in my area, and when I heard their side of the story I backed off the not getting my paper on time case.. the person delivering in my area, has new born twins and a one year old.. so I can understand how hard it is to have kids and try to meet a deadline.. My DH always said to me.. never complain because you don't what the other person's situation is now I feel like and Idiot.. I said sorry to the delivery person.. for beign such a B****

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

yeah i see your point however i know who my delivery person is and she is like 16 yrs old and doing this and the papers as some extra cash which is great for her, however you dont deliver the wed paper with the flyers on friday when the papers printed for wed. and the flyers are suppose to be out on thursday, you can tell i really look forward to my paper and flyers so when they dont come its very frustrating as thats the only way i usually get my coupons or trading on here as they stopped putting the inserts in the paper in sun box by my house and there usually isnt any tear pad coupons when i get to the store after i see them posted and i try to get out frequently but i guess you gotta go everyday so i usually miss out on them so when my paper started going haywire and then the inserts werent in it it was sad.. i find it my self kind of sad even more because my paper delivery person confirmed for me that her mom coupons as well and so i didnt get my sample in the mail for the broth that came out last weekend. and i was lucky to get my inserts because the last few times they were in the paper i didnt even get them so its a shame that some are greedy in that aspect. because i coupon for my family of 4 and then i coupon for my dads family of 4 and i coupon for my moms family of 5 so this makes things hard at times. but luckly i have made such great friends on here that help me out when they can with coupons so thank you to all of you and thank you for your great $ making ideas i applied for the 73 job at home and im just making up some shopping for the elders flyers.. hopefully i will have some luck with it.. quick question though what do you think is a good price to charge a senior for doing their groceries for them ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Pizza 73 was good. I did it for a bit! You pick your hours, very flexible and easy extra income

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy86 View Post
    yeah i see your point however i know who my delivery person is and she is like 16 yrs old and doing this and the papers as some extra cash which is great for her, however you dont deliver the wed paper with the flyers on friday when the papers printed for wed. and the flyers are suppose to be out on thursday, you can tell i really look forward to my paper and flyers so when they dont come its very frustrating as thats the only way i usually get my coupons or trading on here as they stopped putting the inserts in the paper in sun box by my house and there usually isnt any tear pad coupons when i get to the store after i see them posted and i try to get out frequently but i guess you gotta go everyday so i usually miss out on them so when my paper started going haywire and then the inserts werent in it it was sad.. i find it my self kind of sad even more because my paper delivery person confirmed for me that her mom coupons as well and so i didnt get my sample in the mail for the broth that came out last weekend. and i was lucky to get my inserts because the last few times they were in the paper i didnt even get them so its a shame that some are greedy in that aspect. because i coupon for my family of 4 and then i coupon for my dads family of 4 and i coupon for my moms family of 5 so this makes things hard at times. but luckly i have made such great friends on here that help me out when they can with coupons so thank you to all of you and thank you for your great $ making ideas i applied for the 73 job at home and im just making up some shopping for the elders flyers.. hopefully i will have some luck with it.. quick question though what do you think is a good price to charge a senior for doing their groceries for them ?
    Coupon crazy, I dont blame you.. I like the paper... I'm a classified's addict lol.. love looking for buy and sell stuff.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinekelly27 View Post
    Pizza 73 was good. I did it for a bit! You pick your hours, very flexible and easy extra income
    This does sound pretty cool, I'm thinking of trying it.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

If you can't do the job then you shouldn't be doing it. If the flyer person was supposed to work somewhere on Wednesday but showed up on Friday whatever their reasons they would be fired.

I tried Creative Memories and Stella and Dot but I don't have the social network and the sell-sell attitude. I should find my S & D stuff and put it on Kijiji. Maybe make some of my money back!

Good luck I have been trying for years. It is difficult.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My flyer guy is disabled and he delivers on whatever day seems to work for him. I usually get flyers on Friday or Saturday or Wednesday or whenever. But really, it's probably the only job he can do and I'm happy he found something that suits him. He's been doing it for years now.
    Last edited by Tweetybird999; Mon, Feb 13th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

im happy was able to find a job as well and if hes not getting any complaints about him delivering it that way great thats really awsome for him because everyone needs a chance however if your not disabled there should be no reason for the paper to be late unless like said earlier ur stuck in a situation with 2 twins and cant do anything... then i understand . and yeah i really need to find a income to bring in as my family is really in a position that i dont want to be in and in dire need of making extra funds to help our family out before something terrible happens...... im trying to do the shopping for the elders whom cant make it their self and i applied for the job at pizza 73 but with so much popularity im scared now as i probably wont get the job due to getting so many resumes today lmfao... i also am posting at thread on here and kijiji for anyone who lives by londonderry mall in walking distance as im not driving right now to do some after school care for the children who are just not old enough to be alone yet. to try and make any money possible . my spouse and i are also going to be selling a lot of our stuff on kijiji to make some extra cash.. (lots of cars and my hubbys thinking about selling his new sled hes gonna be so sad if he does) and not to mention that hes already sad cause we didnt get enough snow to ride it this year so if anyone has kids or knows someone looking for help please pm me

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I feel your pain. When I read your story and everyone's responses it sounds like we are all living the same lives. The thing is...even if you had a great career...then you have kids...there is no way that it is cost effective for you to work anymore. Before my kids I thought stay home moms were the luckiest people in the world. But behind closed doors I believe we are all the most stressed out people in the world. Trying to manage it all and find a way to bring in more money before the power gets cut off...again. If you find the solution...do let us know.....I am still working away on finding my solution too.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

most definetly before i had kids i had a great career making good money now since i have had my 2nd baby its been even harder to bring in any extra income i can. cause daycare is just way out of my budget. i worked during my pregnancy with my second one just for extra money and the money i made just went to daycare so its very depressing lol moms definetely have it rougher than ppl think

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Financial times are hard for all of us/kids or no kids.

My parents were lucky that when I was young my dad worked days and my mom nights.

I don't want kids but even if I did there is NO WAY I could afford them right now.

Some of you have awesome husbands I'm sure but really I think men could be doing a lot more to help out with chores and earning extra income in a lot of homes.

Its hard being a woman.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just a few more ideas- have you considered cleaning for these elderly people are even anyone in your building? I know it would be difficult during the day when hubby is at work but what about in the evening? You could easily make 15-20 an hour and some of these seniors are so sweet and appreciative. The other option is office cleaning - like an insurance company - again could be done in the evening. What about finding another mom in the same situation who can watch your kids while you work and you watch hers while she works?
    Also, get your taxes done ASAP - if you made that little last year there is probably $ there in a tax return and more $ available in child tax benefit.
    Since you don't drive is it an option to get a cashier position at a close grocery store in the evenings and then you have the benefit of a food discount as well?
    Just some ideas - I have 4 kids and I have done many different things to be able to stay home with my kids. I think my youngest was 2 when I started taking her with me to clean houses. I also would clean offices evenings and weekends and take my oldest son with me to help so he could learn the value of a $ as well.
    Be determined & never give yourself time to feel sorry - we are in Alberta where there are lots of jobs and opportunities but sometimes we have to create them.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

thanks for your post biglifesmallbudget, you said it all so well. i am going to have to try to come up with something because things just are not working here for me ... hopefully a good one comes to me tonight while i sleep... if i get any due to stress lol

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just a heads up, even if your income does change your child tax benifit, all the changes occur for the August payment, not before. They just do everyone's all at once.

I also fall into the Stay at Home mom category. After expenses and childcare I might bring home an extra $200 a month, wasn't worth it to me. I save way more than that a month just by living smarter, and tracking every dollar. But amen, it isn't easy, and can be a little lonely, but I wouldn't trade it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information