User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Re-Election wanted!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What I think is wrong with our politics here in Canada is we give them to much control. Take France for example, the ppl have more control then the government and the gouv is afraid of the ppl. Here in Canada it’s the complete opposite, we the ppl seem to be afraid of the gouv. It also doesn’t help that the majority of us aren’t on the same page about anything and everything. The percentages are all over the place, we aren’t united.

Am I shocked that this happened, absolutely not. Do I think Harper is behind this? Well I don’t give it much thought since we won’t ever get to the bottom of it anyways. I used to be ``into`` politics but now I do a little research before an election and hope not to get screwed over… yet I still expect it. I have been deceived by our political system and have little hope. Needed for structure of our country, a structure we all together are supposed to decide. Canadian politicsà FAIL.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    It is inherrant in human beings to let power go to their heads, due to the flaws in human nature.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

No doubt about it, we see a range of corruption in the character flaws and unethical practices in the various parties that govern. And how much do we not see, because it has been covered-up by lies and deceit?

But the thing that troubles me, is that this Conservative party is moving steadily and speedily to gain more and more power and control over Canadian rights and freedoms. There was a time when Canadians could criticize and protest the actions of their government; and we ousted a few corrupt politicians and parties that way, and defeated others in elections. But right now, anybody that opposes our government's ideas is branded as the government's latest "threat to Canada", with government retaliation to follow.
    And that is just too much power in the hands of the powerful.
    We, the people of Canada, are losing our rights and freedoms, while the government is claiming more and more authority over us.
    You're right and that is part of what scares the crap out of me with this particular government.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Last edited by Valiant; Tue, Mar 6th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

In regards to a a huge amount of claims rolling in now as oppose to immediately following the election, there are quite possibly good reasons for that. How many people had no idea who to call or email to complain to or how to get the information to contact someone to complain? How many people sat back and figured, "well it IS the Government so there is no point in complaining as it will fall on deaf ears?" It's the sad reality of how people view Government and as someone who considers her "google-fu" to be strong, I still have a hard time finding certain Government things online and considering not everyone has Internet access I'm certain many people couldn't get the information they were looking for.
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Mar 6th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    The number of complaints after the 2011 election was 1,003 - similar to the last election. Not all were robocall complaints. There were 1,352 complaints from the 2008 election and 329 from the 2006 election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...-confirms.html

The 30K+ number of 'contacts' didn't come about until recently (when people were encouraged to contact EC and other politicians regarding robocalls - surely not all of those are from people who received the robocalls in question...).

Thank you for the clarification.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Elections Canada denied new powers by Tories

The Conservatives last week denied a request by Elections Canada for the power to demand receipts for political parties' election spending, raising questions about why, opposition MPs said Tuesday.

In his report on the 2008 federal election, Canada’s chief electoral officer asked MPs to give him the power to request supporting documents from political parties for their expenses. Individual candidates are already required to provide their receipts, as are leadership contestants, Marc Mayrand told the procedure and House affairs committee.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

PayPal ordered to give info in Canada RoboCall search

Canada's electoral authority has ordered PayPal to produce records as it hunts the source of "robocalls" it says were used in a bid to suppress voting.

ElectionsCanada says that some of the 2011 calls were connected in some way to a Conservative campaign in Guelph.

Phone calls received there and elsewhere in Ontario directed voters to the wrong polling centre or attempted to alienate and harass voters.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Queen Elizabeth Writes Back After Getting Letter From Quebec Resident Calling For Stephen Harper To Be Fired

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03...anada-politics

In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Queen Elizabeth Writes Back After Getting Letter From Quebec Resident Calling For Stephen Harper To Be Fired

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03...anada-politics

With all do respect, I am afraid that Ms Dupuis is misinformed. Saying Harper has no right to a majority due to having less than 50% of the vote is pure ignorance as very few Prime Ministers had more than 50%. Where were the complaints when Chretien had 30% and three successive majority governments. After all the investigation isnt concluded and I must ask, whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty?
    Last edited by gryphon; Tue, Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Darth all I gotta say is this: If the Conservative Government is NOT guilty, they are doing one hell of a good job making themselves LOOK guilty!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    The number of complaints after the 2011 election was 1,003 - similar to the last election. Not all were robocall complaints. There were 1,352 complaints from the 2008 election and 329 from the 2006 election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...-confirms.html

The 30K+ number of 'contacts' didn't come about until recently (when people were encouraged to contact EC and other politicians regarding robocalls - surely not all of those are from people who received the robocalls in question...).
    Plus contacts doesnt neccessarily mean complaints.

Ive been hearing allegations that jewish voters were targetted by these robocalls which make no sense for conservatives to do since more Jews voted conservative in this election than any before. Jews who dotn usually vote were voting conservative.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

Follow the money and the truth will come out, unless those receipts are kept undisclosed or have already been destroyed; and the Conservatives have given themselves the leeway to do both by delaying the process, and having access to the records in advance of the inquiry. But accountants would still be able to find discrepancies in call-center minutes/hours and the payroll wages, no matter how careful the cover-ups.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Hopefully, those Senior Care Home RoboCalls will be well-investigated, since this is an excellent way to get reliable evidence through multiple verifications from the staff. These were the calls, claiming to be from Elections Canada, that informed the voting Seniors that their voting station had changed to a different location, when in fact it was located right in their building for ease of access.
    Last edited by Valiant; Wed, Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I know it's been mentioned here somewhere about why isn't Guelph protesting, well they are. It's just taken some time to organize their own rally/protest but they are now on board, along with over 25 cities within 10 provinces and territories in this great country. I am so thankful that Canadians are taking a stand and not just sitting back and letting this fly by them. Democracy is important! If you care to find a rally near you for this sunday you can visit the thread I posted with all that lovely info in it. Perhaps I'll see some of you at the Toronto Rally this Sunday?

Rally Info - Find one near you
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, Mar 7th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    With all do respect, I am afraid that Ms Dupuis is misinformed. Saying Harper has no right to a majority due to having less than 50% of the vote is pure ignorance as very few Prime Ministers had more than 50%. Where were the complaints when Chretien had 30% and three successive majority governments. After all the investigation isnt concluded and I must ask, whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty?
    Even if Mlle Dupuis was right, the Queen doesn't have that kind of power. And it's not like QE doesn't know what's happening here, given her daily briefings.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information