User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My understanding of the BOGO in Ontario is this:

If Sobeys is selling Sunlight Dish Detergent for 1.99 and you have a BOGO coupon AND a $1 off Sunlight coupon, you can NOT use both

but...

If Sobeys has an in store special on Sunlight Dish Detergent for BOGO (no BOGO coupon required) then you can use your $1 coupon on the one dish soap you are paying for.

That's how i see it anyway

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I think it's time for another drinking game. Every time someone writes BOGO we take a drink...
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I read it as you use the BOGO on the second product and the $ off on the first - you are not using two coupons on one item - BOGO lol

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Ok Princess that's 2 drinks for you!
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Do you think we can BOGO and get some Corona?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I think I have a BOGO for pop to use as mix

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Well then Corona is out of the question. How about a BOGO for vodka?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SuzannaR View Post
    I am still confused about this....if my scenario above is stacking then isn't that the same as buying Item A using a coupon and getting item B free the same? Like those Crest rinse and floss brandsaver coupons that everyone's using together?
    Here's a way that may help explain how the above coupons get used and why it is not considered stacking at many stores.

3 bottles of Crest rinse are purchased. The cashier puts them through. Three $1 off coupons are used on the Crest rinse.

Say, for sake of visualizing, that you put some milk, bread and eggs on the belt and those are scanned and bagged.

Your last three items are 3 Glide floss and on the Glide floss you are using the Free Product coupons. The reason the cashier will let you use them is that you have already fulfilled your obligation of buying three bottles of Crest rinse. You are now using a completely different coupon on a second product. Being able to use the floss coupon is dependent on buying the Crest rinse but you have not used two coupons on one product. You have used two different coupons on two different products.

Hope that helps....
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Mar 16th, 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

i tried to use the crest coupon + the free floss coupon and was denied...

they considered it stacking @ walmart..

sux didnt even buy 1 .. and they exp today !

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Here's a way that may help explain how the above coupons get used and why it is not considered stacking at many stores.

3 bottles of Crest rinse are purchased. The cashier puts them through. Three $1 off coupons are used on the Crest rinse.

Say, for sake of visualizing, that you put some milk, bread and eggs on the belt and those are scanned and bagged.

Your last three items are 3 Glide floss and on the Glide floss you are using the Free Product coupons. The reason the cashier will let you use them is that you have already fulfilled your obligation of buying three bottles of Crest rinse. You are now using a completely different coupon on a second product. Being able to use the floss coupon is dependent on buying the Crest rinse but you have not used two coupons on one product. You have used two different coupons on two different products.

Hope that helps....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

DianneS that would be incorrect. If you buy three mouthwash using a coupon per mouth wash to recieve a free glide floss. Then you have used a coupon already to get the floss free. Therefore you cannot use a second coupon on the mouthwash to recieve money off the product.

This would be considered stacking because you are then using multiple coupons on one product. It would have to be one or the other. The reason they are cracking down so hard since the shows came out is because all of the misuse of coupons being done out there. Whether you scan it all at the start and put the rest of the items through later it is still stacking just tricking the cashier and getting one by them is all.

You are not able to use coupons on a free product, to recieve the free floss you used a coupon on the rinse.
    Last edited by NewbieCoupon; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

mmmm I think I'm getting even counfused lol ! ...

The coupons say:

"Buy crest rinse and get a glide floss for free" - So when I use the coupon is towards the glide for me to be able to use it and when the Store send it out it will show that the costumer did buy a crest rinse (wheater was a full price o discounted or coupon) in order to get it free .. n the price onthe coupon is the glide floss price and thats what they are getting reinburse .. right?

THEN

When you use the $1.00 off on a crest rinse .. it goes towards the crest rinse and they will get reinburse on the rinse not the floss ...

Therefore I think u are using a coupon for each product ... right?

I had that situation with the Duck toilet cleaner and the manager say it was fine .. she saw it as I did .. one of the coupon is a "conditional" coupon to get somenthing free and the other one is a coupon applied toward te product that is being bought
    Happy Shopping !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieCoupon View Post
    DianneS that would be incorrect. If you buy three mouthwash using a coupon per mouth wash to recieve a free glide floss. Then you have used a coupon already to get the floss free. Therefore you cannot use a second coupon on the mouthwash to recieve money off the product.

This would be considered stacking because you are then using multiple coupons on one product. It would have to be one or the other. The reason they are cracking down so hard since the shows came out is because all of the misuse of coupons being done out there. Whether you scan it all at the start and put the rest of the items through later it is still stacking just tricking the cashier and getting one by them is all.

You are not able to use coupons on a free product, to recieve the free floss you used a coupon on the rinse.

My Walmart disagrees. They handle it with the view that I have two completely different products and two different coupons. I can't use one without the other, but I can use each coupon as long as I meet the requirements of each.

So, the mouthwash is purchased. One coupon is used toward for the mouthwash. It is is a coupon that says $1 off mouthwash. Whether you buy a $1 Crest rinse, $2.49 bottle or the $6.99 size, you have bought the mouth wash. The coupon is not an FPC mouthwash It's for $1 off any size. (Personally I think the $2.49 bottle gives you better overall mileage.). The Crest rinse coupon is not for a free bottle.

The floss is an FPC for a different product. It does not give the consumer any discount at all on the mouthwash. In order to use it you must buy the mouthwash. P&G did not restrict size on the Crest Rinse and this is why people have been able to use it on the travel size bottles. (P&G did restrict size on their other mouthwash coupon, though).

In order to illustrate/visualize how people are able to use this way, I drew a word picture of placing the items in two separate areas on the belt. (It was not to trick Walmart -- they are smarter than that anyway.) Many, many Walmarts process this transaction with the items side by side on the belt and that is the way I have done it.

I do think that the most effective use of this coupon is to buy the $2.49 bottle of Crest Rinse at a net cost of $1.49 and then get the floss for free. That way, you end up with two items your family can actually use.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieCoupon View Post

DianneS IS CORRECT!! CRA views coupons as cash the store is still reimbursed for the $1 crest wash coupon plus the handling fee, regardless of payment method the crest was still purchased. Therefore floss is free. If you where denied the cashier does not fully understand the use of coupons, as tender.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    My Walmart disagrees. They handle it with the view that I have two completely different products and two different coupons. I can't use one without the other, but I can use each coupon as long as I meet the requirements of each.

So, the mouthwash is purchased. One coupon is used toward for the mouthwash. It is is a coupon that says $1 off mouthwash. Whether you buy a $1 Crest rinse, $2.49 bottle or the $6.99 size, you have bought the mouth wash. The coupon is not an FPC mouthwash It's for $1 off any size. (Personally I think the $2.49 bottle gives you better overall mileage.). The Crest rinse coupon is not for a free bottle.

The floss is an FPC for a different product. It does not give the consumer any discount at all on the mouthwash. In order to use it you must buy the mouthwash. P&G did not restrict size on the Crest Rinse and this is why people have been able to use it on the travel size bottles. (P&G did restrict size on their other mouthwash coupon, though).

In order to illustrate/visualize how people are able to use this way, I drew a word picture of placing the items in two separate areas on the belt. (It was not to trick Walmart -- they are smarter than that anyway.) Many, many Walmarts process this transaction with the items side by side on the belt and that is the way I have done it.

I do think that the most effective use of this coupon is to buy the $2.49 bottle of Crest Rinse at a net cost of $1.49 and then get the floss for free. That way, you end up with two items your family can actually use.
    That's rather convoluted logic, but if it works for you...The fact of the matter is that you could not get the floss without buying the rinse, so one coupon for that product is already used.

If the bonus was physically attached to the product, ie. the Head&Shoulders shampoo with the free razor, then I wouldn't hesitate to use a coupon for the shampoo.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Unfortunately, this is a conversation that sometimes goes downhill quickly. Someone asked if it is considered stacking. Some stores feel it is, others don't. My post simply explained why some don't. If we all abide by the coupon rules our store managers set out, we should be able to keep these conversations 'out of the weeds'. My Walmart doesn't accept $ off Coupon Zone coupons as a price match. That's perfectly fine with me. I would never push them to do so. If other Walmarts allow it, and let shoppers stack one coupon with it, then it's great for those SCers. (I suppose one could even say that both the mouthwash/CZ scenarios indicate that some Walmarts allow limited stacking.)

It's not only Walmart that looks at coupons differently from store to store. My Save-on-Foods, who is supposed to follow the chain's coupon policy, doesn't. I've been disappointed and frustrated but it's not worth arguing with a store manager. That's the way it is at that store, so I live with it (although I do grumble with friends about it from time to time).

We all live in different competitive markets and we'll all get different deals. Coupon practices/policies at various stores will ultimately be decided by the store manager, not SCers and they often seem to be driven by the desire to bring in business. One thing we know for sure is that nothing in life ever seems to stay the same, and that sure applies to coupon policies.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Mar 17th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information