User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Hey guys,

Have a question-> Re the brandsaver coupons for Tide, Charmin, Bounty. If I were to buy one each and used the coupons for $1.00 off each of them can I also use the coupon that says $4 wub 3 Tide, Charmin, Bounty?

That sounds like it might be stacking to me but i know I've heard of people being able to do it?

Please let me know, I don't want to do the wrong thing..

s
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sure sounds like stacking to me. What is right and what some people get away with are two different things sometimes.

Also note that even if stacking were allowed, P&G won't allow stacking of their coupons.

Alexa <3
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Sure sounds like stacking to me. What is right and what some people get away with are two different things sometimes.

Also note that even if stacking were allowed, P&G won't allow stacking of their coupons.
    +1 agreed

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Stacking for sure! It's more than one coupon being used for one product!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, it is stacking, and no, it is not allowed, as per instructions written on the coupon.
    gone shopping!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks all, that's what I figured...

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post

????What is right and what some people get away with are two different things sometimes????? Not sure what that means??? If stores allow stacking, then it has nothing to do with what you can "get away" with...SC doesn't tolerate abuse of coupons....
    OP, your idea is accurate....but it all depends on the coupon, the wording, the upc, and as I've mentioned, if the store even allows stacking. As mentioned, those coupons are P&G, which have restrictive wording, so not stackable...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SuzannaR View Post
    Hey guys,

Have a question-> Re the brandsaver coupons for Tide, Charmin, Bounty. If I were to buy one each and used the coupons for $1.00 off each of them can I also use the coupon that says $4 wub 3 Tide, Charmin, Bounty?

That sounds like it might be stacking to me but i know I've heard of people being able to do it?

s
    The way I think about it is I ask myself, which product is receiving the discount? If any item is going to benefit twice from a coupon or combination of coupons, then I know I can't do it (in Ontario). In your example, using a $1 coupon on each item and then using a $4 wub3 coupon would be doubling up because each item is getting more than one discount from the combination of coupons.

However, using a coupons that states, "Save $x on item B when you buy item A" and then using a coupon for item A, I think is OK.
    Last edited by Mrs H; Thu, Mar 8th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hey guys,

s

What stores allow stacking?

London Drugs and Save on Foods. (I'm know London Drugs isn't in Ontario - I'm not sure about Save on Foods).

What makes a coupon not be stackable?

If the coupon says "Not valid with any other coupon offer" "Not valid in conjuction with any other coupon offer" - and of course other ways of saying it... sadly, P&G has there coupons specially worded to that they cannot be stacked..

Another stacking little rule is that the UPC codes are numbered differently - many stores reinforce the rule that they come from "different media sources" eg: Instore coupon pads, newspaper inserts, mail outs, etc;
    If you are stacking at london drugs - they will accept one printed coupon per day from you up to $3. (some only accept up to $2)

________

You stacking plan is overall correct the only reason that it won't work is because of these products being P&G...
    I really wish that P&G could still stack!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs H View Post
    The way I think about it is I ask myself, which product is receiving the discount? If any item is going to benefit twice from a coupon or combination of coupons, then I know I can't do it (in Ontario). In your example, using a $1 coupon on each item and then using a $4 wub3 coupon would be doubling up because each item is getting more than one discount from the combination of coupons.

However, using a coupons that states, "Save $x on item B when you buy item A" and then using a coupon for item A, I think is OK.
    Thanks...this makes sense.

So...if I have a BOGO coupon and a $off coupon and I buy the first item and use the $ off coupon and then use the BOGO coupon, that's stacking because both coupons are applied to the first item??

Is that right?

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

stacking to me is plain and simple............ONLY ONE COUPON PER PRODUCT.......which most coupons state on the back.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I am still confused about this....if my scenario above is stacking then isn't that the same as buying Item A using a coupon and getting item B free the same? Like those Crest rinse and floss brandsaver coupons that everyone's using together?

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I am still confused about this....if my scenario above is stacking then isn't that the same as buying Item A using a coupon and getting item B free the same? Like those Crest rinse and floss brandsaver coupons that everyone's using together?
    to me that is Stacking to others is not... do what you think is the right thing to do.... i always find that if you have to ask CS about something that it is clearly stated on the coupon then it is WRONG...JMHO

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

uhm?? .. I got even confused lol .. what about this situation?

- Buy 2 products using a BOGO coupon ..The coupon reads "Buy one and get the other one FREE" .. I uderstand that the BOGO coupon applies toward the FREE product (right?) and then Use a "monetary amount coupon" off the Purchased one .. is that STACKING too?
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Marteli View Post
    uhm?? .. I got even confused lol .. what about this situation?

- Buy 2 products using a BOGO coupon ..The coupon reads "Buy one and get the other one FREE" .. I uderstand that the BOGO coupon applies toward the FREE product (right?) and then Use a "monetary amount coupon" off the Purchased one .. is that STACKING too?
    i take that as i buy 1 (paid for 1) and get 1 free...so if i have 2 of those coupons i will buy 2 and get 2 free..makes sense?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information