User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 18 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I caught the show by accident yesterday. Pretty impressive...at the same time, it's also excessive...you should only buy what you need/use. Otherwise it'd be nice to see them donate that to those in need.
    Lotus-Star

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I was thinking maybe if enough of us started to raise a stink about all our stores being able to stack it might work, but then reality kicked in, our gov wouldn't have that lol Time to move to the states lol
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Rockymountainmamma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gotta say that this show blew me away! Imagine being able to do that?

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by smanda View Post
    here is an intering post by another couponer in the states:
    http://jillcataldo.com/node/14388
    that was a really interesting article. Thanks for finding it and posting!
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i read through the thread and i noticed (as i was watching to show also) many mentioned(show called it that also) "dumpster diving" but from what i saw she doesn't dumpster dive in the traditional sence she basically blue box dives for coupons.. she from what i figure goes to apartment buildings and checks out paper recycling bins (in apartments they are the size of dumpsters)
    Think the blue bin size might depend on the building. My old building had a dumpster for garbage, one for cardboard and paper and another for plastics and cans and the regular dumpster and green bin.

I moved into a smaller building of 30 units and there is no recycling or green bin. Everything goes in a garbage bag and down the chute. It does upset me a bit that this is the first building I have ever lived in that didn't have recycling. Especially when I thought it was mandatory at least in Nova Scotia.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kazm-l View Post
    I don't have an industrial cutter....but i do have a cutter and never thought to use it for cutting coupons. Bring on the next smartsource and maybe i'll give it ago...if i can find enough copies
    Cutter...lol, it is lucky if I can find scissors around here, mostly I try to rip them out neatly..lol...I will never be organized enough to be an extreme couponer, they would throw me out of the club.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was talking to my mom today, she told me about the show. She has always couponed, but more recently through my influence has begun to coupon like a smart canuck .

She couldn't get over the behaviour of the woman with the 9 carts.

I wish I had seen it.

I wonder why as Canadians we don't have stacking and double couponing etc. Why is it so different here?

I would love if I could save more on groceries than I already do. The only thing that I really save on is personal care items.
    Use this link

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey All, I didn't catch the episode but I just took advantage of a Rogers promo- where you can pick 2 theme paks for FREE for 2 months- so you could request the TLC channel- or whichever themepak includes the TLC channel..
    (also you can pick up MPIX & TMN for FREE for 2 months too- those two aren't considered regular Themepaks- so in total you'd be getting 4 goodies for Free for two months)..

No specail code just call customer service and tell them you understand there is a promo of this sort.

finally, i recommend getting them to note that account about the free promo for 2 months, and getting the "Interaction ID" for that note, IN CASE your bill shows a charge, so you can place a simple call and quote the ID number and they'll reverse the charge, if that error occurs.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thanks so much for posting the link so I was able to watch that show. Enjoyed it thoroughly; laughed immensely!
    I found the extreme-couponers to be very interesting people. Highly skillful, organized, dedicated and successful in what they do. Now if they were hired as managers of places that needed stockpiles, there would be no hunger and want there.

Nathan looks like a man with a purpose. I'd like to meet him. Now if he could hire a big semi to take all of that stuff to out-of-the-way places, he could re-sell and make a little fortune. But if times get really tough where he lives, everybody is going to be coming to Nathan's to break into his stockpile. On the other hand, he could also become the neighbourhood provider for disaster assistance. I hope he has a plan about what to do with his stockpile, now that he had reached the pinnacle of success in acquiring it.

Let's face it though, the truth is that some of us know what it is like to be insecure and in want, to be jobless or close to it, to worry and be afraid about where or how we are going to find the means to live on.
    Along come the coupons, and we learn how to use them so we can overcome the poverty, the fear, the rejection, the frustration of dealing with frightening unknown factors. Coupons are power; stockpiles are security in an insecure world.

I thought it was 3,000 packages of toilet paper; it's only 3,000 rolls.
    I have about 6-8 24-pks. in my stockpile, and I'm glad for my stockpile. It's winter in Canada. Very difficult for me to get out and about with my walker. I only shopped 3-4 times in the whole month of December to get groceries, mostly milk and eggs. And it was so much easier having the stuff at home to use, instead of lugging it home through the deep snow. It's easy for a newscaster and therapist to judge (what's their salary)?
    Now if we had some people like these extreme-couponers in our government or community charities, we'd be better off economically, wouldn't we? I think their talents aren't being utilized for the best, but with all this exposure, maybe their phones will be ringing with offers from those who appreciate their abilities.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

wish we could shop like that in Canada, thank goodness we have LD for stacking
    Finding the coupons is fun, but I have never gone into a paper bin to get them

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

wow....just finished watching the show (I pvr'd it)...it was definitely...EXTREME!!!

I read some of the posts by Amanda and such but...I don't know, I still worry about her. Joanie & Joyce seemed pretty normal to me. I loved watching Joanie's kid just get it when she said, "we can't take that today because we don't have a coupon for it." He was so cool. Joyce was just all-around awesome...I LOVED watching her stop people in the store and explain to them how to save money even without coupons.

Nathan...well....ya....interesting. I was happy to see that he donated the cereal...but, like you all, WTF is he doing with all that salad dressing, deoderant, etc. I mean, really????

At some point you gotta stop...that's why I liked that Joanie said all you gotta do is keep a 3-month supply. I think that's fair (though in most cases I think I may have slightly more).

I have serious envy of the fact that they can just scan the coupons. that would make life sooooooooooooooooooo much easier...and that the store doubles too....OMG..I would LOVE that here!!!! Makes me want to plan a grocery-shopping trip to the USA.....lol
    My Trade List Saved $1993 in 2010..trying to beat that in 2011

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd be worried that all those manufactures won't be handing out coupons or the stores won't.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This show looks awesome, the deals are amazing! But they have stores in the US that double coupons, I don't know of any in Canada that do that.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    where?

LIAR!
    hahahha I saw that too!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well i watched the show on TCL. A first i was kinda envious of all their stockpiles but then started thinking. Why do i need 30 years supply of shampoo or deodorant or all that pasta. Where would i keep all that stuff anyway. Its bad enough i keep my stash in bins in the basement. But then i only have 5 years supply of shampoo and 1 year supply of deodorant. Salad dressing goes bad after exp date. All tins have exp dates now including soft drinks like Pepsi and Coke. Who can drink all that stuff? Ive been couponing for approx. 40 years now; sometimes out of necessity, sometimes because of great deals, but mostly because the money i save is better in my pocket than in a major producers pocket.

I would love to have coupon stacking and double up days in Canada but cant see that happening in the near future. I would love to see coupons for fruits and vegetables, or at least better deals!

And you think you have problems with your coupons, try living in Quebec and passing an english only coupon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 18 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information