User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Watch out for fake Pepsi FPC

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Was at Zellers at Pharmacy and Eglinton in Toronto where the cash registers had a photocopy of a fake coupon posted, warning the cashiers not to take them.

It was a fake FPC for a 6 pack of any Pepsi product. I couldn't tell if it was a large coupon or if it had been blown up to show the detail. I think the expiry date said Sept 30.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know so you can be on the lookout and not accept one of these if it is given to you.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Natalka and Poirot like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

GAH, that's just awful!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

One Walmart I go to has a wall of coupons that are fakes....$10Glad one, etc
    New mom October 2014!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Was at Zellers at Pharmacy and Eglinton in Toronto where the cash registers had a photocopy of a fake coupon posted, warning the cashiers not to take them.

It was a fake FPC for a 6 pack of any Pepsi product. I couldn't tell if it was a large coupon or if it had been blown up to show the detail. I think the expiry date said Sept 30.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know so you can be on the lookout and not accept one of these if it is given to you.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like someone has copied the coupon(s) from the Pepsi Buy$20 get $20. in coupons from last month - I am going to keep them together until I use them

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL this is the beginning of the end.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think this coupon actually looked different from the last scan that I saw of that coupon book. Good idea keeping all yours together

Quote Originally Posted by Queenmoly View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like someone has copied the coupon(s) from the Pepsi Buy$20 get $20. in coupons from last month - I am going to keep them together until I use them
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

geez if people are going to waste time saving a few bucks by copying why not just do the money at least its worth your time . you waste more time copying them then just trading
    ashl3y likes this.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

If you ever want to take a few minutes to investigate this in the states the FBI are laying numerous charges against people who are mass producing fake coupons. One of the people on the show Extreme Couponers, I think it was the 17yr old boy, gave a whole bunch of them in, and the store was shorted a lot of money. The mom went in and paid the bill, but it is taken very seriously in the U.S.A. I think this is why a lot of stores are refusing to take the printables anymore.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

My goodness...I can't believe these people!!! I'm trying to follow every rule possible to be a responsible couponer and then you have people like this that put a dark cloud over ALL couponers. GEEZ!!!!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Someone in the states sells fakes on ebay, a friend of mine in the states bought a bunch of huggies FPC's and they were fake, no hologram and just regular paper.... really crappy what some people will do. the lady had lots of listings for free product coupons.... still do
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

That's just wrong. Thanks for giving us the heads up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Imagine you get one in a trade and innocently use it and get arrested for it ..they won't believe you if you say someone else gave it to you.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

That's terrible, and scary. Like the person above said, it's not like you'll be believed if you say someone else gave it to you.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

These types of stories make me so mad Geesh, don't we have a bad enough rep already from that damn TV show! Now we are thieves and scammers too. Ugg...frustrates me to no end.

Ok rant over

P.S. I just noticed that we have an option to "like" individual posts in addition to giving rep. Love it!
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: stories, not stores LOL
    Poirot, Slaney and alyssa2011 like this.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

That's just down right wrong. It makes us ALL look bad.....But hey , whatever, we're not fraudulents, so who cares

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information