User Tag List

Page 1245 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 245 745 1145 1195 1235 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1255 1295 1345 1745 2245 ... LastLast
Results 18,661 to 18,675 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

time to spend more point on the Beatles package i'm gonna win
    hope u guys aren't wasting yer point on it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Seleena_K View Post
    Colin James' new ZZ Top rip-off (he should be ashamed).
    I think that this is just a "classic" blues riff used by two bands. It is something I play in jams regularly and I am sure that when ZZ came out with it there were a truck load of Texas Bluesmen equally upset.

I wish the Q would bring back, "For Headphones Only". That was a cool show!
    The only question I cannot answer... why?

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

whoops... nvm, lol. Tired old eyes not reading correctly this morning. Nothing to see here. Move along, people. Move along.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a proposal for my fellow Q'sters! I'm organizing with two other friends a 30th high school reunion for Oct 10th. - yikes 30 years, where did time go?! So I need your help! Any suggestions as to songs you would put on this CD. I don't want the songs to be too obscure as its appealing to that "vanilla crowd".
    For instance, I'll probably put on it "A foot in coldwater" - Make me do(anything you want), who came to play at one of our dances and still gets play on radio stations these days! - so it has some special signif for classmates.
    I want to put a CD together that I would give to each person that comes as a momento of the "Crestwood years 1974-79".
    I would really appreciate your thoughts as to what songs you might put on it?
    cheers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shaman2263 View Post
    I think that this is just a "classic" blues riff used by two bands. It is something I play in jams regularly and I am sure that when ZZ came out with it there were a truck load of Texas Bluesmen equally upset.

hehehe... don't even get me started on the starving blues musicians who never got a penny from Led Zeppelin.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobill View Post
    I have a proposal for my fellow Q'sters! I'm organizing with two other friends a 30th high school reunion for Oct 10th. - yikes 30 years, where did time go?! So I need your help! Any suggestions as to songs you would put on this CD. I don't want the songs to be too obscure as its appealing to that "vanilla crowd".
    For instance, I'll probably put on it "A foot in coldwater" - Make me do(anything you want), who came to play at one of our dances and still gets play on radio stations these days! - so it has some special signif for classmates.
    I want to put a CD together that I would give to each person that comes as a momento of the "Crestwood years 1974-79".
    cheers
    Fly By Night - Rush?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how do i get my photo to show up on the posting i make

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by whomeno View Post
    Agreed! also, i think they forgot about all us listeners who get tired of hearing stuff and switch the station because of it. sometimes i go to 'the lake' out of buffalo, they play the kind of stuff missing from the q (although their commercials are alot worse to listen to!)

i don't think the lake's signal is strong enough for alot of you to get, but try them out if you get tired of hearing stuff over and over on the q (lake 107.7)
    Sometimes I would venture over to 91.7 the Giant. I think they are owned by the same company that owns Q but I find that they play enough "other" songs to keep me interested. I am just not that keen with their On-air personalities.

For me, its not just about Q playing older songs or "hidden Gems" but I wish that they would sometimes play songs from newer bands. They play more Hip which is good but what about bands like Pearl Jam? I understand that Pearl Jam may not be in their demographic/genre (as Nirvanna is playing aired as I type this) but their first album came out nearly 20 years ago (Ten came our in '91 and is an awesome album). And Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder does tour with Neil Young so is it that much of a stretch for their songs to be played?

Here's a little snippit from Wikipedia (so take it for what its worth)

While Ten deals with dark subject matter, it has almost been universally considered to be a high water-mark of the early 1990s alternative rock sound, with Vedder's unusually deep and strong (and later much imitated) voice alternating between solidity and vibrato against the unrestrained, guitar-heavy, hard rock sound that drew influence from Led Zeppelin and other rock bands of the 1970s. Ten's musical style, influenced by classic rock, combined an "expansive harmonic vocabulary" with an anthemic sound.[1] Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic stated that the songs on the album fused "the riff-heavy stadium rock of the '70s with the grit and anger of '80s post-punk, without ever neglecting hooks and choruses

I'm sure that they are a lot smarter than me when it comes to knowing what their listening audience wants to hear, but a guy can dream (and rant) can't he?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shaman2263 View Post

I wish the Q would bring back, "For Headphones Only". That was a cool show!
    Just the riff? wow

truenorth .. I wasn't implying that plagarism is a Canadian thing.

and to whomeno and NOTL .. I agree .. there are other options out there and after listening to the Q for a guzillion years, I'm just now starting to lose interest. Except for Andy Frost (purrrrrr) and Psych Psunday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A very good morning everyone! A word of advice (that is off topic) Do not go see WHITEOUT Bad, very bad, very very bad movie

Thanks for all the evening and early morning words and names and sleuth

Have a great day

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobill View Post
    cheers

Here's one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mj8xrrcxYQ

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by myopic_mouse View Post
    A very good morning everyone! A word of advice (that is off topic) Do not go see WHITEOUT Bad, very bad, very very bad movie

Thanks for all the evening and early morning words and names and sleuth

Have a great day
    Thanks for the advice.

On a related, off-topic note, Cineplex is bringing back "Cheapo Night at the Movies" on Tuesdays! A movie, soda and popcorn will all be available in a packaged price at Cineplex locations on Tuesdays. Admission prices vary from theater to theater, but it will, apparently, equal be about half the regular price.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2009/09/10/10815556-sun.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLER View Post
    Sometimes I would venture over to 91.7 the Giant.
    Did you know that Jim Carrey's sister is a DJ at Giant in Welland? Yep .. that Jim Carrey!

Cool huh?

Ohh .. and I believe that Giant is owned by an individual .. not a mega media corp
    Last edited by Seleena_K; Thu, Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: added the last line

Smokey
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jim Carrey's from scarborough, used to date my ex's twin sister. He's been the class clown from the beginning.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

11:15a Club Q Winning Word is ... Celebrity
    Shine On!

Thread Information