User Tag List

Page 2241 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 1241 1741 2141 2191 2231 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2251 2291 2341 2741 ... LastLast
Results 33,601 to 33,615 of 45330
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[quote=BillyJack;1700606]Yup! I remember Woolworth's! But, it was the one at Brimley and Eglinton.

If the photographer of SillyLoocie's picture turned left about 90 degrees that's where Woolworth's was.

And the Chinese food restaurant in the Golden Mile picture is where we frequently used to go for lunch when I was working at General Motors on Eglinton. Now the G.M. plant is torn down too, and there is another shopping centre on that site.

Yes, I remember General Motors, a friend of mine worked there too probably back when you did. Did you know a scottish fellow by the name of Crawford Smith ? Just curious. They paid pretty good back then at G.M., but then a lot of the employees had to move to the Oshawa plant.

Do you remember a Woolworth's at the Golden Mile?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy123 View Post
    It's pretty hard to choose just one. Some that I like include:

• Mississippi Queen by Mountain
    • Hold Your Head Up by Argent (I met Rod Argent when I was in high school)
    • How Long by Ace
    • House of the Rising Sun by Frijid Pink
    There are hundreds of them, but most of them make it easy to understand whey they were one hit wonders in the first place.

That's easy... Mississippi Queen by Mountain
    Mama Let Him Play by Jerry Doucette
    Black Betty by Ram Jam ( not originally theirs )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Snopes aims to debunk or confirm widely spread urban legends. The site has been referenced by news media and other sites, including CNN,[8] FOX news,[9] MSNBC[10] and Australia's ABC on its 'Media Watch' program. Snopes's popular standing is such that some chain e-mail hoaxes claim to have been "checked out on 'Snopes.com'" in an attempt to discourage readers from seeking verification.[11] As of March 2009, the site has around 6.2 million visitors per month.[12]
    The Mikkelsons have stressed the reference portion of the name Urban Legends Reference Pages, indicating that their intention is not merely to dismiss or confirm misconceptions and rumors but to provide evidence for such debunkings and confirmations as well.[13] Although they claim to research their topics heavily and provide references when possible, not all of their sources (especially personal interviews, phone calls, or e-mails) are fully verifiable. Where appropriate, pages are generally marked "undetermined" or "unverifiable" if the Mikkelsons feel there is not enough evidence to either support or disprove a given claim.[14] The Mikkelsons say many of the urban legends are mistakenly attributed because of common problems associated with e-mail signatures. [15
    Thanks

Michele - 33 Year Q Fan mjones58's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy PSunday all

Reps all around. Sorry for not being around much. I hope to get more time to drop by in a few weeks, but you never know what's around the corner.

Some have asked about my 18-year old son in boot camp for the US Marines. He's at Parris Island in South Carolina (http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil) and just finished his 4th week of the 12-week recruitment process. If he get's through, he'll be a US Marine and graduate on April 2nd, which I hope to attend. The last part is called the Crucible. It is 54-hours of combat simulation experience with 4-hours of sleep per night and 3 10-minute meal breaks. I'm writing letters of encouragement every other day because he has no other outside contact. I can't even send pictures because he had no place to keep them and no personal items - he arrived with just his clothes and they returned them home after he got his military gear. He was allowed a 7-second call home. I'm trying not to worry.

If you're interested, I've been watching a webcam of Lilly the black bear and her new cub in the wild at http://www.bear.org/website/visit-us/lily-den-cam.html. It is to help research and raise awareness that they are not violent if we understand and to raise donations for research.

The bear cub is a week old today. At this age, you won't see him/her under her mom, but you'll catch sounds from the cub occasionally. Compared to their mom's bear cubs are very small proportionately to human babies and their moms.

Here are some pictures of very young cubs that average only ¾ pound and 9 inches long at birth - http://www.bear.org/website/visit-us...02-am-cst.html. Some may enjoy the story.
    Cheers!
    Michele J (www.quality-computing.com)
    My pussy cat, Wishes, sayin hi.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Knob Hill bowling alley is still there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in the midst of preparing a Customer Satisfaction Survey for our company. I believe I've come up with the wording and answer scaling (yes/no vs numerical ratings vs free form text) that will provide the answers, for good or for bad, that I'm seeking.

If you have insight that you'd like to share regarding either the actual survey questions or how best to conduct the survey (timeframe for responses, follow-up on non-respondents, good administrator sites, etc), I would value your comments.

If you haven't been involved in the administration of a survey but have taken an on-line survey and thought "wow - that was good" or the corollary "what a waste of time", I'd appreciate your opinion on what you did or didn't like about the particular survey/survey site.

For the sake of others, PMs please and thanks.

Cheers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    If you have insight that you'd like to share regarding either the actual survey questions or how best to conduct the survey (timeframe for responses, follow-up on non-respondents, good administrator sites, etc), I would value your comments.

If you haven't been involved in the administration of a survey but have taken an on-line survey and thought "wow - that was good" or the corollary "what a waste of time", I'd appreciate your opinion on what you did or didn't like about the particular survey/survey site.
    Please indicate below if your reaction to Argo's post was:

"wow - that was good"
    "what a waste of time"

Regards;

Department of Redundant Surveys Department

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

3 to 5 uk winning word :: London

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good afternoon, all. I love Psychedelic Psunday!
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The 12 - 3 winning word was superstitious - my husband heard it in the car.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going to cheat on this one...the 1615 winning word is:

Harmonica !!
    Last edited by psells; Sun, Jan 31st, 2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: so I could cheat and win

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No luck on refer madness again for me although I knew the songs.

4:15 harmonica

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4:15 ww - HARMONICA

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

4:15pm Psunday Winning Word: HARMONICA

Thread Information