User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I have been getting calls from 1-855-846-7813 for the last month. In the last 10 days they have call 17 times, ranging from 9:06 AM to 7:40 PM, starting once a day and now up to 3 times a day. I just called the number back and pressed 1 to be put on their do not call list, but I have heard from other people that this does not work. Can Shaw block numbers? Who else can I call to stop this? My next step will be the police as I am starting to feel harassed. Most of the time when I answer nobody is there...but a few times I told them the person they were looking for (me) wasn't home. My husband thinks it's my fault for signing up for freebies and such. The next time they talk they will be getting an earful!!! Any tips?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That's eerie, I know on cell phones you can block numbers, not sure about house numbers! When signing up for freebies maybe use a fake number? I don't know what you could do, I don't have a house number, sorry!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Firstly, are you on the do not call list? If not, get yourself on that list and then you can complain about telemarketer phone calls to your heart's content. After numerous calls from the duct cleaning idiots followed by a complaint after each and every phone call from them, they've finally stopped calling me. Watch, they'll call tonight. Here's the link for registering your number https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/insnum-regnum-eng and here's the link for lodging complaints https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/pfac-fcca-eng

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh I have some idiots from Nevada calling EVERY FREAKING NIGHT between 8-9. I don't give my cell number to anyone other than family and close friends so either the cell company sold my number to them or they guessed numbers until some go through. Of course we can't out them because they are in the states so it must be some loophole these idiot scammers discovered that protects them from the do not call registry. I never answer because I have pay as you go and it would be a waste of money if I answered every freaking time they called so I don't see what they are gaining from calling a number every day of the week sometimes twice a day when no one even answers it.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i'm on the do not call list and i still get a call 1-2x a day from some pharmasutical company. i've asked them numerous times to stop calling, threating to report them, so on and so forth, still nothing. love to know how to get this to stop.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i get them as well. 10-20 a day. personally i do not answer the phone unless its someone i know.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I googled it

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-846-7813/2

You can too, there are other listings for it.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it is likely a foreign telemarketer using canada411.com to call random phone numbers.

being on the do not call list will not stop those types of callers.

there is a way to get your number removed from the canada411 online white pages. contact them to find out the process.

i used to get all sorts of call, all from overseas. i was on the do not call list from day 1. these morons do not follow any kind of protocol for marketing in Canada. they just use internet calling to try and harrass as many ppl as possible. usually the number that shows up on call display is fake.

i used to get maybe 10-15 calls a week. now i get zero! i'm not listed in the white pages anymore. i didn't have to pay to de-list my number.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    ugh I have some idiots from Nevada calling EVERY FREAKING NIGHT between 8-9. I don't give my cell number to anyone other than family and close friends so either the cell company sold my number to them or they guessed numbers until some go through. Of course we can't out them because they are in the states so it must be some loophole these idiot scammers discovered that protects them from the do not call registry. I never answer because I have pay as you go and it would be a waste of money if I answered every freaking time they called so I don't see what they are gaining from calling a number every day of the week sometimes twice a day when no one even answers it.
    If it's your cellphone you should be able to block the number?
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I've been getting the Nevada number calling and some Washigton number. Are you with Bell? I googled the numbers and got a bunch of sites with people complaining about the same thing and it seemed it was lots of people with Bell. I'm with Virign but Bell bought them out
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pac182 View Post
    I've been getting the Nevada number calling and some Washigton number. Are you with Bell? I googled the numbers and got a bunch of sites with people complaining about the same thing and it seemed it was lots of people with Bell. I'm with Virign but Bell bought them out
    I'm with Virgin so yep Bell...I'm assuming they sold our numbers because I don't give my cell number out to anyone. The calls started a few months ago and they call me at least 1-2 times a day every day.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    If it's your cellphone you should be able to block the number?
    I have tried but can't figure out how. I have been googling it and apparently I can through google voice but just need to figure out how to actually do it LOL!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I really wished the DNC list was a lot more effective.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was getting calls from these people and it wasn't my cell they were calling but my house phone that is not listed. What they are doing is calling random numbers. I finally got them to stop by answering the call then waiting until a human was on the other end and blowing a loud whistle into the phone. Haven't had them call me back in weeks.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gspmamma View Post
    I was getting calls from these people and it wasn't my cell they were calling but my house phone that is not listed. What they are doing is calling random numbers. I finally got them to stop by answering the call then waiting until a human was on the other end and blowing a loud whistle into the phone. Haven't had them call me back in weeks.
    I wish I could do that but I'm on pay as you go with my cell and I think it's .90 a minute or more to answer a call from the states so I just let it ring all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information