User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 57 of 57
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *New Trading System* Pre-release version: Please help me test, debug and improve it

  1. #46
    Canadian Guru Jeniana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,012
    Likes Received
    2371
    Trading Score
    523 (100%)




    Has there been any progress made with this feature? I tried to add a coupon and I got an error "UPC: field value should be less than 1000." Since most UPCs are 8 digits, this is a bit of a problem Also, the Category and Type boxes just say 1, 2, 3 etc and don't have types yet. I think this could be a really great feature when it's done
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo


  2. #47
    Senior Canuck littlenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brantford, ON
    Age
    36
    Posts
    824
    Likes Received
    460
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)



    It would be awesome if there was some sort of master list of coupons from stuff like inserts and brand saver that are released periodically with all the same coupons, so if you have coupons you want to trade from an insert, etc, you could select the insert from a drop down and have all the coupons from that insert added to your TL. It would save soooo much time!! It could be set up so you can choose certain coupons or all of them, maybe? Just a thought...


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dsj13i
    SavenRaven likes this.

  3. #48
    I love to Trade elayjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Thornhill (GTA) Ontario
    Posts
    9,560
    Likes Received
    1990
    Trading Score
    565 (100%)




    I was just going to post the same thing.
    It would be great if there was the list from the scan thread also.


    Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00


  4. #49
    Canadian Guru Jeniana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,012
    Likes Received
    2371
    Trading Score
    523 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    I was just going to post the same thing.
    It would be great if there was the list from the scan thread also.
    Definitely, that would be great Wouldn't it be really awesome to look through the Scan Zone thread and with one click add a coupon to your wishlist?

    I think a database of all available coupons would be great. Once this new trading system is live, I think the database could be built by user entries. For example, if I add a coupon for $1 off milk UPC 12345 expiry Dec 31, 2012, if someone else has the same coupon they can just type the UPC or brand and search and add it to their trade list (click a check box beside the coupon?) without having to type all the details. UPCs are usually unique so that would be the best way to search. But you would still need to be able to alter the data - the first person to enter that coupon may have forgotten a restriction or made a typo, or your coupon may be slightly different. For example, Royale is bad for reusing the same UPC but having different expiry dates on their coupons from Go Coupons, and most coupons from save.ca and websaver have varying expiry dates depending on when you ordered it.

    If a database is made, and a volunteer is needed to start the database, I wouldn't mind doing some data entry
    Last edited by Jeniana; Thu, May 10th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo


  5. #50
    I love to Trade elayjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Thornhill (GTA) Ontario
    Posts
    9,560
    Likes Received
    1990
    Trading Score
    565 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Jeniana View Post
    Definitely, that would be great Wouldn't it be really awesome to look through the Scan Zone thread and with one click add a coupon to your wishlist?

    I think a database of all available coupons would be great. Once this new trading system is live, I think the database could be built by user entries. For example, if I add a coupon for $1 off milk UPC 12345 expiry Dec 31, 2012, if someone else has the same coupon they can just type the UPC or brand and search and add it to their trade list (click a check box beside the coupon?) without having to type all the details. UPCs are usually unique so that would be the best way to search. But you would still need to be able to alter the data - the first person to enter that coupon may have forgotten a restriction or made a typo, or your coupon may be slightly different. For example, Royale is bad for reusing the same UPC but having different expiry dates on their coupons from Go Coupons, and most coupons from save.ca and websaver have varying expiry dates depending on when you ordered it.

    If you need a volunteer to start the database, I wouldn't mind doing some data entry
    That would be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00


  6. #51
    Senior Canuck littlenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brantford, ON
    Age
    36
    Posts
    824
    Likes Received
    460
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)



    It would be awesome!! It would be so awesome if you could add a coupon simply by entering a UPC or something!!


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0gs4aw
    elayjosh likes this.

  7. #52
    Canadian Genius Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    6,751
    Likes Received
    4625
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by littlenom View Post
    It would be awesome!! It would be so awesome if you could add a coupon simply by entering a UPC or something!!


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0gs4aw
    LOL! That's like asking for the moon! LOL
    csaund21 likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

    Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

  8. #53
    Trade Mod FallenPixels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West of the Tdot
    Posts
    36,163
    Likes Received
    21120
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)




    The scan zone does not have all coupons though, typically inserts and save.ca/websaver are not posted in it and would pose a problem since the online ones will have different expiry based on order date
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!



  9. #54
    Smart Canuck heycinderella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,496
    Likes Received
    129
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)



    It should't be that hard. If one user have already entered it, it can come up in 'recommendations' when another user tried to add it to her list just by entering the UPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    LOL! That's like asking for the moon! LOL
    elayjosh likes this.
    Search/Click and win free gift cards! I could really use a friend!!
    Search and Win on swagbucks.com
    Join Superpoints, it's back!

  10. #55
    Senior Canuck Jasmynflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    897
    Likes Received
    58
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)



    im just plain confused...
    RRLF Kellogg's pins for free breakfast
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/7grsj4 (BONUS 50 points for joining!!!)

  11. #56
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,305
    Likes Received
    1127
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)



    oh yes....autoexpire coupons...please! what a time saver that would be!

    Love it!

    J
    elayjosh likes this.

  12. #57
    Canadian Guru Jeniana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,012
    Likes Received
    2371
    Trading Score
    523 (100%)




    Is this new trading system going to be implemented?
    K8's Fate likes this.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •