User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *New Trading System* Pre-release version: Please help me test, debug and improve it

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think "Name" and "Description" might cause confusion.
    How about if "Name" and "Description" are a single field? That field would be used to enter all the coupon info e.g. $2 off Tide 250ml

And then we can have a field at the end called "Comments" for additional info.

Thoughts?
    I think that would be much better. Then it's clear that name/description is for the coupon itself, and comments is for whatever you like...like "pending trade" for example.
    Last edited by annedougherty; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    A single location would be better, I know a lot of people found their trades went down when the list section was not updating - so if everyone's systems can be synched somehow so people can use the one they like to both list and find
    Ok will make sure it's a single system/location

Quote Originally Posted by queenkathy View Post
    Just to make sure we're on the same page - is "Name" supposed to be the company name - ie. Kellogg's and then "Description" is the product - ie. Rice Krispies or are we supposed to write "Kellogg's Rice Krispies" under Name and then "cereal" in the Description, or the size of the box in the description? I wouldn't do a search for "cereal" to find any kind of cereal, but I would do a search for all Kellogg's coupons or all Rice Krispies coupons so by separating the name of the product from the name of the company I would be able to search both ways.

*Also if it's decided not to automatically hide expired coupons, then the search functionality should not pick up expired coupons.
    *Search functionality should also not pick up any Quantity "0" of coupons that people may keep on their trade lists.
    This is exactly why Name & description should be a single field or this will just get messy. We can have an example of a recommended style
    e.g. Name of product, size/weight followed by discount
    Tide Liquid Detergent Raspberry Flavour 250ml $2 off Coupon
    (just making stuff up, don't drink Tide kids)

We can have an option where each user can tick whether or not they want their expired coupons to be deleted.
    And good point about search functionality not showing expired or quantity 0 coupons

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I would write Kelloggs Rice Krispies in the Name and description I would use for WUB etc - I dont think there is definite things to put in them, thats why boo is asking

We could prob get rid of half the boxes, making it more userfriendly (esp if there is a comment box for other notes)
    Yep I agree... the less input that's needed the better.
    This is why will make quantity 1 by default
    And empty expiry field would equal no expiry specified (but since people won't be able to tell that, I can mention something along lines of: Leave empty if you do not wish to specify expiry date).

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    I'm a little confused. Under "type"... choices of "type 1"/"type 2"/"type 3" What will be there?

Also, will there be a box for adding something like *PENDING TRADE*?
    What's a pending trade? how would it affect the item list?
    queenkathy likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

People add "pending trade" when the coupon is potentially traded already so that others don't request it. A comments field would be a great place to add this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So what's the use of the "Value" field then?
    Should we get rid of that too?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I think that should go in the description as well. There are coupons like Buy 2 All Bran Bars, etc, get up to $1.99 free apples. Something like that would be somewhat confusing to add, and/or the value would be redundant.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I think it depends on how the search functionality works. If I want to look for someone with HV Pampers coupons for trade and want to avoid having all the $1 coupons come up, then I'd like to be able to sort the Value column to be >$5. Also I've seen it many times where people have said not to offer coupons less than a certain value, ie $2, etc. So I think that value column is important for search purposes.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It could be useful to find just FPCs etc, but other than that, it could all go in one box and make data entry simpler

I agree Name & Description should all be one box

Leaving Expiry blank could mean that they just forgot to add it, but I guess we can just put NED in the comments box too - there are not that many with no expiry date
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

The thing is that it is simpler and less time consuming to simply add what you see on the face of the coupon in the description, including the value. Like $1 WUB 2 All Bran Bars. Enter the UPC, enter the expiry. When there are too many other fields, and you have to break it all up and stop and think...GAH...it takes forever as it is to type up a trade list lol. If it's too time consuming, then people won't even use it. Obviously we need a category, but otherwise, I still think the fewer fields the better.
    elayjosh and FallenPixels like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Description including value all in one field strikes me as easier to deal with and easier to type. It will also be easier then to deal with a coupon that specifies you get x product when you buy product a and product b and product c.

The following may already be there and it is me not understanding. If all that goes in one area I would like to search for there being two or more things in that area. For example if I want to find $2 All-Bran cereal. I would like to be able to search on 2 and bran and cereal all being present. I want $2 coupons (not $0.50 for example), and cereal not all-bran bars. What is not clear to me is when there are multiple lines for the search is it "and" or "or".

And thank you so much for taking on this huge task!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Would you be able to make it auto tab rather than having to use a cursor for each category?
    elayjosh and Tbites like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    I don't think you need the time for expiry.
    I agree. Plus I couldn't get the calendar to move pass the month of April.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by queenkathy;4584522[COLOR=#000000
    * I would suggest a "Comments" column for anything additional we may need to type in for a coupon - ie. can stack, printed [/COLOR]
    I agree. Some coupons have my name on it and I always include this information in my trade list.

What about an optional category for "max value" when it comes to FPCs?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I agree. Some coupons have my name on it and I always include this information in my trade list.

What about an optional category for "max value" when it comes to FPCs?
    That could be put in the comments field as well.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Will we be able to enter multiple rows at once ? I realize you're probably still working on the field-value x thing but right now when playing around only 1 row shows up for input with a "Save" button underneath... if we have to input & save one coupon at a time, the process would be even more tedious than just typing a list.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information