User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *New Trading System* Pre-release version: Please help me test, debug and improve it

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Category should be separate but source/type to me is the same (I know why it was suggested, stackers sometimes are told they have to be different media but these could be options in the one menu)

Personally, I would go for less categories because things can be made to fit in them but the more options available, the harder it will be to find stuff.

The ones I suggested are
    Food
    Beauty
    Health
    Household
    Baby
    Pet
    Other
    Perhaps Bonus Points (SDM / Airmiles etc), Gift Cards could be options too but everything else I see fitting into one of those with not much left in other
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I don't think we need type and source. Unless type is something like FPC, BOGO, Free w/Purchase, High Value. Thoughts?

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Category should be separate but source/type to me is the same (I know why it was suggested, stackers sometimes are told they have to be different media but these could be options in the one menu)

Personally, I would go for less categories because things can be made to fit in them but the more options available, the harder it will be to find stuff.

The ones I suggested are

Perhaps Bonus Points (SDM / Airmiles etc), Gift Cards could be options too but everything else I see fitting into one of those with not much left in other
    Yes fewer categories please, otherwise there will be overlapping categories.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsMom View Post
    Will we still be able to keep lists in the "about me" section of our profiles?
    These lists are an easy copy/paste when signing up for trains.
    Downloading an excel sheet and recopying it into a neat list is much more time consuming.
    Yes the current system will continue to operate. In fact we've made improvements to it to make it easier to use:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/coupontrade.php

That being said if you look at the new system you will notice I give you 3 ways of adding your trade/wish list one of which is exactly like the current system, an easy copy/paste field:

Name:  add-new-item.png
Views: 127
Size:  30.0 KB

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Great thanks

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So I guess some of the main issues we need to think of is whether Type/Source should be a single field.

Also keep in mind that the items being traded will be expanded beyond coupons... I'll allow trading of:
    - Gift Cards (since system will have more efficient ratings system)
    - Other stuff?

So keep that in mind when thinking of the fields we need to add/omit.
    I think Type/Source should be a single field.
    will there be a drop down to choose?

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I don't think we need type and source. Unless type is something like FPC, BOGO, Free w/Purchase, High Value. Thoughts?
    I like your suggestion for type

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by queenkathy View Post

Will this new system automatically expire coupons?
    Ooooo...good idea. Then we wouldn't have to go through our lists and delete all the expired ones. Would save us alot of time.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes the current system will continue to operate. In fact we've made improvements to it to make it easier to use:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/coupontrade.php

That being said if you look at the new system you will notice I give you 3 ways of adding your trade/wish list one of which is exactly like the current system, an easy copy/paste field:

Name:  add-new-item.png
Views: 127
Size:  30.0 KB
    if we have the current system too than we will have to check in two places to see what people have to trade?
    I thought the new system was to stream line searching.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    if we have the current system too than we will have to check in two places to see what people have to trade?
    I thought the new system was to stream line searching.
    Well I can allow them to synch with each other. The new system should encompass everything in the current one and go beyond. But people always hate change. So I need to find a way of making the current system operable in a way. I can have them synchronized... will figure something out. I prefer that the info is in a single location as well
    elayjosh and sarah_300c like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A single location would be better, I know a lot of people found their trades went down when the list section was not updating - so if everyone's systems can be synched somehow so people can use the one they like to both list and find
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Just to make sure we're on the same page - is "Name" supposed to be the company name - ie. Kellogg's and then "Description" is the product - ie. Rice Krispies or are we supposed to write "Kellogg's Rice Krispies" under Name and then "cereal" in the Description, or the size of the box in the description? I wouldn't do a search for "cereal" to find any kind of cereal, but I would do a search for all Kellogg's coupons or all Rice Krispies coupons so by separating the name of the product from the name of the company I would be able to search both ways.

*Also if it's decided not to automatically hide expired coupons, then the search functionality should not pick up expired coupons.
    *Search functionality should also not pick up any Quantity "0" of coupons that people may keep on their trade lists.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would write Kelloggs Rice Krispies in the Name and description I would use for WUB etc - I dont think there is definite things to put in them, thats why boo is asking

We could prob get rid of half the boxes, making it more userfriendly (esp if there is a comment box for other notes)
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I'm a little confused. Under "type"... choices of "type 1"/"type 2"/"type 3" What will be there?

Also, will there be a box for adding something like *PENDING TRADE*?
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think "Name" and "Description" might cause confusion.
    How about if "Name" and "Description" are a single field? That field would be used to enter all the coupon info e.g. $2 off Tide 250ml

And then we can have a field at the end called "Comments" for additional info.

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information