• 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By greencanuck
  • 1 Post By Speckled28
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: Zellers & SCOP Rant!

PamperedChefgirl
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was so annoyed the other day at Zellers!!!

I was going to get my girls a stuffed Muppet each. One Miss Piggy and one Kermit the Frog. We love the Muppets!

So when I was in the toy section I scanned the toys and noticed that Kermit was scanning at $10.99 (he was $9.99 in the fall) and Miss Piggy was $15.99. A $5 difference for the same size and type of stuffed Muppet.

I thought I'd use SCOP, went to the cash and the lady first of all doesn't understand that there shouldn't be a $5 difference on two toys from the same line. DUH! I had to explain that one to her.

Then I had to tell her that the description didn't even match Miss Piggy... it said "MUPPET SOUN" which would mean the Muppet Soundtrack. She didn't believe me but calls her manager who is extremely slow....

I had my three year old daughter and one year old son with me, we hadn't eaten lunch yet and I thought it'd be no big deal. She'd get a price check and clear it up. The cashier is arguing (nicely) with the manager on the phone and we'd already wasted 3-4 minutes in the line up, I was hungry and the kids were getting antsy. I explained to my daughter that we'd get it somewhere else and I left.... I was SO MAD!! WHAT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I WILL NOT GO BACK TO ZELLERS WHEN I'M IN A HURRY AGAIN! Dealing with turtles would have been faster!

I THINK IT'S RUDE THAT ZELLERS DOESN'T OFFER SCOP TOO!
    The guy on the phone didn't even seem to care how long he took or that there was a customer waiting...

Ugh! No wonder Zellers is almost always near empty!
    It is really sad that Zellers which WAS all Canadian has this extremely poor level of service. =(
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    I really really need grocery FPCs & coupons!!! Happy mom of 3 young children
    Will trade $50 in coupons for a $5 Amazon.ca e-gift card OR $100 in coupons for $10 grocery gift cards!
    Earn FREE Amazon.ca gift cards by searching!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/divinedivagirl

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers is owned by an U.S. Equity firm that owns Lord and Taylor.They don't care because they are going to lose their jobs soon.Actually no matter who owned Zellers it was always terrible.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I am pretty new to couponing etc... But why can't 2 similar sized toys from the same line be listed at different prices? Did miss piggy have clothes on? Was kermit naked? It would cost more to make her maybe?
    ~ New Coupon Binders & Totes coming soon!! Contact me or visit my Etsy shop www.reuseitartsandcrafts.etsy.com ~

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's crazy when it's a similar item!

But Zellers doesn't do SCOP, except for in Quebec where they have to since it's law there. Otherwise, it's voluntary.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

hmmm well i woke retail, and i can tell you that yes there can be two items from the same brand and be two different prices
    For instance, there can be a ball of red wool from patons that rings in at 5.99 and then a yellow ball of patons that rings in at 6.99
    it doesnt seem right because since all items are individually sku'ed than, it is possible.

I've been in other stores where just because something was a different colour, or there was an extra piece on it, it was more expensive.
    Natalka and amandalee76 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    hmmm well i woke retail, and i can tell you that yes there can be two items from the same brand and be two different prices
    For instance, there can be a ball of red wool from patons that rings in at 5.99 and then a yellow ball of patons that rings in at 6.99
    it doesnt seem right because since all items are individually sku'ed than, it is possible.

I've been in other stores where just because something was a different colour, or there was an extra piece on it, it was more expensive.
    Was just gonna say this. Stores may try to mark down the "red one" because they have more of it than the "blue one" so they want to get rid of more red ones to bring the quanities in balance. I've seen this happen before too.
    Natalka and amandalee76 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by divinedivagirl View Post
    I was so annoyed the other day at Zellers!!!

I was going to get my girls a stuffed Muppet each. One Miss Piggy and one Kermit the Frog. We love the Muppets!

So when I was in the toy section I scanned the toys and noticed that Kermit was scanning at $10.99 (he was $9.99 in the fall) and Miss Piggy was $15.99. A $5 difference for the same size and type of stuffed Muppet.
    I thought I'd use SCOP, went to the cash and the lady first of all doesn't understand that there shouldn't be a $5 difference on two toys from the same line. DUH! I had to explain that one to her.

Then I had to tell her that the description didn't even match Miss Piggy... it said "MUPPET SOUN" which would mean the Muppet Soundtrack. She didn't believe me but calls her manager who is extremely slow....

I had my three year old daughter and one year old son with me, we hadn't eaten lunch yet and I thought it'd be no big deal. She'd get a price check and clear it up. The cashier is arguing (nicely) with the manager on the phone and we'd already wasted 3-4 minutes in the line up, I was hungry and the kids were getting antsy. I explained to my daughter that we'd get it somewhere else and I left.... I was SO MAD!! WHAT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

I WILL NOT GO BACK TO ZELLERS WHEN I'M IN A HURRY AGAIN! Dealing with turtles would have been faster!

I THINK IT'S RUDE THAT ZELLERS DOESN'T OFFER SCOP TOO!
    The guy on the phone didn't even seem to care how long he took or that there was a customer waiting...

Ugh! No wonder Zellers is almost always near empty!
    It is really sad that Zellers which WAS all Canadian has this extremely poor level of service. =(
    This happens all the time, reasons including, X has more stock and they want to move it faster than Y, more people are simply willing to pay more for Y, etc. It sucks, but retailers are in it to make money.

Also, so long as the UPC's on the tag match the item, it don't matter what the tag says.

I've had this problem at Best Buy, not saying you weren't, but I was sweet as pie and the salesman gave me the black mp3 player for the price of the pink one (70$) cheaper.
    Last edited by lekate; Sun, Apr 8th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Also, some items are brought into a store as a special or clearance item and are unreasonably cheap compared to normal stock items that look near identical.

An example of this would be the 40 per package Ziplock sandwich bags, or the 250ml Zim cleaner, Charmin 20 double rolls toilet paper or the 250ml Palmolive dish detergent that are all on sale this week at Canadian Tire.

These are specialty sizes in packaging that near to impossible to find in normal stock any stores, even though there are packages of identical items commonly available in very slightly larger or smaller sizes.
    The corporations had to special order truckloads from the distributor to get pallets full to each store.

They are about 30- 60% cheaper than the very very similar item beside it, because they were specially purchased.

Similar clearances also happen on items that were not popular, were over-produced, bought in bulk, had a slight colour variation, change in packaging design, etc.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sun, Apr 8th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
    amandalee76 likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had a similar price difference happen to me when I was boxing week shopping this year. I was looking at slippers at Marks Work Wearhouse and they had the big fuzzy boot slippers.......red ones and blue ones......but other than the color difference they were EXACTLY the same. BUT, the blue ones were marked down to $4.99 and the red ones were $19.99!!! (and yes, the pricing was correct). Needless to say I bought the blue ones! lol. I like blue much better anyway.......and even if I didn't I would have learned to like them for the difference in price! lol
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes when items are new in a store but they are same size as an old item they are more expensive.
    amandalee76 likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thats why it came as no surprise when Zellers was voted the worst customer service in canada this year. Since most of the stores will be changing to Target, I have notices a real downward spiral of employees at the store nearest to me. They mope around, the store is dirty (well dirtier than it was before), and you are lucky to find more than 2 cash lanes open, even on a Saturday. I just hoping none of these same people are applying for jobs at Target!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information