• 2 Post By lekate
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 3 Post By RSAS
  • 2 Post By walkonby

Thread: 8 Eats with more sugar than a twinkie

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

Pretty interesting read, if you weren't aware, most things that are low fat, no fat have a lot of added sugar to replace the taste. I like prepared smoothies, like the BoltHouse ones and Booster Juice, and luckily they don't add sugar, but I know Tim's does to their prepared ones and I can assume McDonalds does too....

I was surprised about the tomato sauce, I know most sauces use sugar to lower the acidity of the tomatoes, but I guess the commercially prepared ones have more in them to make them more appealing...
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, McDonald's
    Natalka and walkonby like this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Some don't surprize me. I'm always amused by the yogurt eaters who think they are doing so well, yet are having the same number of calories as ice cream or more.
    Same with granola bars - we call them chocolate bars in our house.
    Muffins - honestly, people are having more than one serving when they have most bakery ones.

Wow on the smoothies! Glad I only get one once in a blue moon - that's a small strawberry-banana original from Orange Julius.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

The only one that suprised me was the pasta sauce. I knew there was a reason we buy actual tomato sauce and season it ourselves...other then cost...We never eat the other stuff. Only muffins and granola bars we eat are homemade and I can control the amount of sugar.
    Natalka, lekate and missxhillary like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes lekate, thanks for reminding us all. I did know this, as I told DD years ago ketchup is her enemy! ( she practically drank the stuff with everything) and it is loaded with sugar.
    Now with all the pasta related meals on her diet I buy the canned tomatoes ( no salt added ) and the only ingredient is tomatoes, so I figure we are safe. I make it into a Marinara faux type sauce, she likes it a lot. She says she does not even miss the salt ( or sugar ) at all.
    Everything else ( most of her meals ) are all made with fresh food, so as to avoid that dreaded salt/sugar overkill.
    Natalka and lekate like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information