User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i cant wait for all the awesome deals at zellers now

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

I will now observe a brief moment of silence as I say goodbye to my beloved sPC VIP card. RIP dear friend, you have served us all with distinction. You will be missed in my wallet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Guess I will have to check how many HBC points I have and use them soon

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The changeover will happen in the next two years. The article that mentioned the change (there was another one within the week) is
    http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/Tar...363104131.html

I know that Target gets a guest designer to do "compact" collections, much like as H&M does. Question is, will Canadian designers get the chance to do the same for Cdn. Target stores.

Does Target do any loyalty card programs?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's Woolco all over again. Not that it's a bad thing.

I can't say I am a fan of Zellers these days. A lot of their stores are poorly managed and somewhat filthy too. Not to mention how messy they are at stocking their inventories.

I can only hope Target will change that even if it means getting rid of the Zellers brand which they will be doing.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Target does not have a loyalty program in the US but their debit & credit cards get you a 5% discount in store
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for merging the threads Bub-I do a lot of cross border shopping so in the last few years or so I have been cruising around a few other US shopping sites like SC and have learned alot about couponing in the US. Target in the US allows you to STACK and I have done it many times but usually I combine a print off from their website and another that I have found in either in a local paper or from an on line coupon source like mommysavesbig or myfrugaladventures etc. Also, there are forums out there to discuss this but you can find their coupon policy right at the www.target.com website. They could end up with a totally different approach in Canada but I doubt it, I think they would probably follow their business model that has allowed them to compete so successfully with Walmart. I also love their mark downs, they do certain areas of the store on specific days of the week (ie-tuesday could be toys) so you kinda get to know when something may be going on clearance. I think this will only be good, especially if other retailers feel they need to introduce coupon stacking to compete.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'm actually really excited about this! And not surprised at all... Zellers has been going downhill for years. It's been a long time coming, as far as I'm concerned.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Love FREEBIES!
    Trading Score
    111 (98%)

Target aims for Canada with $1.83 billion takeover of Zellers locations

MINNEAPOLIS - Zellers stores across Canada will disappear in a couple of years, as major U.S. retailer Target moves in.

Target (NYSE:TGT) is spending $1.83 billion to buy up the leasehold interests in 220 Zellers stores from the storied Hudson's Bay Company.
    Though Target says the Zellers brand won't disappear immediately, the deal is the first step in a plan to open between 100 to 150 Target stores by 2013.
    The U.S. retailer, which helped coin the phrase "discount chic," has long been exploring opportunities north of the border.
    However it hit several roadblocks that run the gamut from unattractive real estate locations for potential stores to the economic slowdown that reined in consumer spending.
    Target says that under the agreement Zellers will continue to lease the locations from Target and run them as Zellers stores "for a period of time."
    ================================================

If I have to pick of where to shop...I gotta say Target, they offers great products & great prices too...they also very good with coupon'ers, that is from my own experiences when I was in US visiting my family over the summer in 2010....hope they will do the same for us here.

<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wkcpitR/" target=_blank>

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

i am shocked by all the people saying how gross and messy their zellers are. i thought the one in my town was the only one! wow. i hate the one in town, it really is filthy. bring on target!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

i hope that target will accept the SPC too! i love my 10% discount

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    52 (98%)

I was just coming to post this. Bye-bye Zellers! I've always found Zellers to be dirty/disorganized/bad customer service, etc etc. Hopefully Target will be much better.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
    Bye-bye Zellers! I've always found Zellers to be dirty/disorganized/bad customer service, etc etc. Hopefully Target will be much better.
    Yes I agree, I hate Zellers...but I LOVE Target, yay!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/mark...utm_medium=rss

I am not big Zellers Fan, however, SPC 10% + Price Match + HBC points make me cannot stop to shop in there..... Yes, I agree Zellers need to be change or they can be rename as "Zellers Antique Store"

In another point of view. maybe we can brag for good deals in Zellers when they close!!!!!!

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was just in the states and I loved target. It reminded me of a clean and organized zellers. I spent a lot there but it was worth it and I got a lot of things!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information