User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Are you getting logged out of SC

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

This issue should be fixed, so they need to troubleshoot a little.

If you are getting logged out of SC without clicking log out (especially when posting etc), they need the following information

Browser & Version
    Cookies Enabled?
    When do you find you get logged out the most?
    Do you get logged out of other sites?

Also check your virus software, if it is set to high, it may be blocking cookies

To find your browser version / check if cookies are enabled:

Internet Explorer

Click on "Help" from the top menu and choose "About Internet Explorer". The pop-up will display the browser version and additional information.
    Name:  internet-explorer-browser-version-check.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  9.2 KB
    Cookies enabled? Click on "Tools" -> "Internet options" -> "Privacy" tab. Move the slider up or down to change the privacy settings (and so cookies)
    Name:  internet-explorer-disable-enable-cookies.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  11.6 KB

Firefox

Pick "About Mozilla Firefox" from the "Help" menu to bring up a pop-up with the version information.
    Name:  check-firefox-version.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  16.4 KB
    Cookies enabled? Click "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Privacy section and choose whether you want Firefox web browser to accept cookies from web sites. Also configure different options and exceptions.

Name:  accept-cookies-firefox-browser.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  9.8 KB

Google Chrome

Click on the "wrench" icon and choose "About Google Chrome". You'll now come to know the browser version... and the program even tells you if it's the latest.
    Name:  chrome-version.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  13.9 KB
    Cookies enabled? From the "Wrench" icon, choose "Options" and then move to the "Under the Hood" tab. In the "Cookies" section select the option for restricting or blocking web site cookies

Name:  restrict-block-cookies-chrome.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  9.3 KB

Opera

From the "Help" menu choose the "About Opera" option. This loads a really long page in the same browser window. You don't need to hunt for the version information because it's right at the top.
    Name:  opera-web-browser-version-check.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  10.0 KB
    Cookies enabled? From the "Tools" menu, select "Preferences" to bring up a pop-up. The Cookies options are found under the "Advanced" tab... you need to click on the "Cookies" link from the list on the left to bring up the various options.

Name:  opera-cookies-settings-options.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  8.4 KB

Apple Safari

The Safari browser version can be found by choosing "About Safari" from the "Help" menu. The small pop-up window will display the required information.
    Name:  safari-web-browser-version.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  10.1 KB
    Cookies enabled? Open the Preferences window ("Tools" -> "Preferences"). Under the "Security" you shall find the settings and options for accepting cookies for the Apple Safari web browser.
    Name:  safari-settings-accept-cookies.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  8.9 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Mon, Apr 16th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Boo Radley and danger_dan like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I haven't been getting logged out.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Me neither, but I was one of the people who did experience it under the old forum system
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Me too all the time but not since

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

IE v.8.06

does not work and this is the only site I have trouble with
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I know there are more people who have complained about this...
    ~ ~ ~

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Browser & Version: Firefox v.3.6.25

Cookies Enabled? Yes, and I see the one for smartcanucks on my list of cookies

When do you find you get logged out the most? Coupons forum, Local forum (Montreal), *Canadian Shopping Deals and Flyers - those are the forums I’ve been visiting most in the last couple of weeks; but it has also happened to me in the Tea Room, the Paid Surveys and Mystery Shopping in Canada forum, and while viewing my list of thread subscriptions. It happens when I’m browsing for no apparent reason. I also notice that I get booted off whenever I try to post a reply. It doesn’t happen when I hit the *reply to thread* button but after composing when I hit the *post quick reply* button, that’s when I get logged out.

Do you get logged out of other sites? No – and it’s only been happening on SC since the re-design.

This is not about being logged off, but earlier I tried to edit my trade list. I had no problems doing this previously, even after the re-design. But this time when I hit the pencil icon to edit my TL, I got directed to : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/ which is the main menu with all the forums listed.

Hope these problems get resolved soon! Thanks.

p.s. And yes, I got booted out trying to post this message...

Btw, I just checked -- I have multiple tabs for SC opened. I got booted out of this forum when I tried to post but not the other forums/places I had open in the other tabs (i.e. the SDM forum, and my inbox).

another p.s. When I just got booted out, I got an error message that said I'm not logged in etc. It said to reload the page so that's what I did this time and then I could post -- so I didn't actually have to go through the log in process this time.

Silk

ETA: it just happened in my Inbox, when I tried to send a reply message I got logged out and had to log back in.
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Apr 17th, 2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Updating
    Have a great life!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Grazie per la condivisione.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Silk, the trade list edit thing is a known error and happening to everyone, it is on their list to fix
    ~ ~ ~

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for that info, FallenPixels!

Silk

ETA: I was able to post this without getting logged off! (This is my first visit to SC today, fwiw).
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Apr 17th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Fyi, the situation is worse for me today. When I tried to post a reply, it gave mea error message to reload but tried that 3x and no luck. I finally had to click on log out and then log back in again. Also, clicking on *send message* in someone's profile logs me out...

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

silk, have you tried updating firefox? 3.6.xx versions are fairly old and I think they are discontinuing support for them soon already
    ~ ~ ~

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

still the same old problem for me

IE v. 8 & 9

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    silk, have you tried updating firefox? 3.6.xx versions are fairly old and I think they are discontinuing support for them soon already
    Thanks for the suggestion, FallenPixels, but right now I don't want to make any changes to anything on the computer. My usual computer just died and I need to rely on this one for some work I'm doing. So don't want to risk anything just now under the circumstances

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    hey there are people who don't know what firefox is - i didn't a while ago.
    so might be a few people here that don't
    if you have some spare time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information