User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: save your pennieeeees

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

you know all those plastic utensils you get at fast food restaurants? what about all the little packets of ketchup, salt, pepper, mustard and whatever else. as well as napkins? save them !

i dont know about you but at my house, the boys seem to use the last of something and never mention that they have. so! we save all those little things you can get (as our stockpile is having some troubles growing) and then when we run our of ketchup or napkins ect, we use the little packs until someone has it on sale to get a good deal on it! theres nothing i hate more then running out of something and having to rush out to the store to buy it at full price so we save save save the little packets and were set until a sale !

just me and my family, people probably think im crazy because there are times when i have a lot of these packets kickin around but it always comes in handy when we run out !
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Some save them and if it saves you $ it is great. I am reorganizing my stock and would find those items to be cluttery so i don't keep them... i am working on a excell sheet for keeping track of my stock so i know what i need to purchase and can focus on those items.

It is totally awesome that you are making use of those items. WTG! Do you have any tips for others that helps them from turning into clutter?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We do the same - especially good for us is ketchup, and dips.

cheeky - as for organizing them, I have a plastic container on my cupboard where I stack the dips (they are all similar size no matter where they are from), and one with ketchup, soy and plum sauce, horsey dip, etc. They stack, so I keep the dip container on the bottom because it's heavier.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I read that wroooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I read that wroooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg

lol!!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, Sally! LOL!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I save some of them occasionally but use them for a purpose other than eating. Those little ketchup packs/soya sauce packs make great little icebags for boo boos.
    pickgal and princesskimmi like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

little packages are good for camping too

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

or in your glove compartment. when you don't get them at the next place you order food. or something isn't done right.. you can always add an extra teaspoon of sugar to your t or coffee while out when you have a spoon and a couple packets in your glove compartment. esp. when your on a road trip..
    Natalka likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Speaking of actually saving pennies and rolling them or putting them into coin wrappers--Dr. Kemp Hospice in Hamilton has a fundraiser that asks for rolls of pennies to be deposited at RBC to raise money for a new generator. The promotional material ties in the pennies with their withdrawal from circulation in the fall to a fundraising cause, so that is a clever way to connect two things!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^I'm not sure how much I trust a dancing bean paste bun.

heheheh
    KK7 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

For storage of ketchup, mustard, vinegar packages - I purchased these clear plastic condainers from the dollar store that are meant for holding cheese slices - They fit nicely all lined up inside and the container fits in the fridge door.

matrix82 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I probably save more by not eating out. I don't have kids though so there's no one begging me for a trip to McDonalds.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I save those and take them with us when we go on vacation outside of Canada- especially the vinegar! Only the last 2 vacations have I seen white vinegar at our resort in the Dominican Republic (usually it is balsamic or wine vinegar). I even take the vinegar to the United States. It isn't something that many restaurants, fast food or sit-down, offer in the States. The ketchup, mustard and taco bell sauce always come in handy at Dominican/ Cuban resorts when the food becomes just a little bit repetitive. I DON'T travel without it now.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I think I probably save more by not eating out. I don't have kids though so there's no one begging me for a trip to McDonalds.

haha,good point. Usually the only reason i ever spend anything on fast food is because if we are at wal mart or something and dd is crying that she is hungry, i kinda feel bad starving her but we do try to bring lots of snacks. Half the time we are also taking the bus though so that's also why i can't just get up and drive back home or anything. lol, i usually make her pick something on the value menu part to and if i can avoid buying a drink i will,lol. Guess i could buy something right at wal mart but anything healthy you can't usually eat right away unless it is junk food.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information