User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Taking Peelies

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder if people also take 50% off stickers and apply them to different products on different days... it wouldn't surprise me.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NuCoupon View Post
    I wonder if people also take 50% off stickers and apply them to different products on different days... it wouldn't surprise me.
    When I went to Fortino's yesterday they had all these health and drug products in a basket with 50% off and I grabbed this can of shaving cream and the 50% pink sticker was peeled off and I could feel the sticky stuff. I went to the cashier explained and she said yes it happens and they watch out now for people doing that.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The coupon on the product is intend to be use for that specific product. This happen to where I am at, somebody empty the whole shelves of 4 dollar off Van hotte coffee. There must have be over 40 box of coffee with out the peelies and you can tell there is peelie been taken off the package. To me it's vandalism, destroying the product package, it's very disrespectful of the other customer.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NuCoupon View Post
    Speaking of 50% off stickers, I was in NF one day and sitting right on the shelf in plain view was a whole roll of these pink stickers. I though someone could have a hayday with it so I took it to an employee. I could see someone slapping them onto any product and leaving the store with some great finds.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponsbaby View Post
    The coupon on the product is intend to be use for that specific product. This happen to where I am at, somebody empty the whole shelves of 4 dollar off Van hotte coffee. There must have be over 40 box of coffee with out the peelies and you can tell there is peelie been taken off the package. To me it's vandalism, destroying the product package, it's very disrespectful of the other customer.
    This is why i'm so against people taking peelies. I wanted to buy Van Houette coffee with $3 peelies on them a few months ago. All but one package had the peelie left when I went to buy it. You could see part of the sticker where it had been ripped off on the other packages. I was going to buy an extra anyway because I had a $2 coupon and they were on sale. My husband said no because the package looked tampered with. The one package I got I was able to stack the $3 peelie plus $2 manufacture coupon (in Ontario!). I drink lots of coffee, so it would have been great to get a few more.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    When I went to Fortino's yesterday they had all these health and drug products in a basket with 50% off and I grabbed this can of shaving cream and the 50% pink sticker was peeled off and I could feel the sticky stuff. I went to the cashier explained and she said yes it happens and they watch out now for people doing that.
    I can't believe people would go to such lengths! Don't they realize this is stealing? Is it really worth going to jail for this?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't know bout ch'all, but I am super suspicious of some people on the trade list who claim to have 10-20 of each coupon, even the tearpads. I think the worst ones head to eBay, but I think others take lots of tearpads with the goal of trading for more high-value coupons. It's like people forgot this is so we don't have to be in debt with how expensive everything is nowadays, not making a coupon-black-market.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmenard1 <- Join me on SwagBucks!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by young-one19 View Post
    I don't know bout ch'all, but I am super suspicious of some people on the trade list who claim to have 10-20 of each coupon, even the tearpads. I think the worst ones head to eBay, but I think others take lots of tearpads with the goal of trading for more high-value coupons. It's like people forgot this is so we don't have to be in debt with how expensive everything is nowadays, not making a coupon-black-market.
    I usually don't bat an eye at 10 coupons....unless they're all the same FPC or something. My best friend lives in another town and knows I coupon so if she comes across some she'll grab a few for me.....so sometimes I'll end up with 10 of the same one between the two of us. Or I might grab 3 or 4 one time.....and grab another 3 or 4 a couple weeks later....assuming there are still any left....which rarely is the case. It's probably a bit easier to get them for those who live in the city too....because there are more stores where you can look for them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I usually don't bat an eye at 10 coupons....unless they're all the same FPC or something. My best friend lives in another town and knows I coupon so if she comes across some she'll grab a few for me.....so sometimes I'll end up with 10 of the same one between the two of us. Or I might grab 3 or 4 one time.....and grab another 3 or 4 a couple weeks later....assuming there are still any left....which rarely is the case. It's probably a bit easier to get them for those who live in the city too....because there are more stores where you can look for them.
    There are also more people looking for them in the city, so I think it all evens out....tough to find them anywhere....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    There are also more people looking for them in the city, so I think it all evens out....tough to find them anywhere....
    Very true!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    i will remove a peelie, no diff. then taken a coupon on a tearpad imo to use at another store. Why is it okay to use tearpad coupons one store(sobeys) offers at another store(walmart or no frills)? I will not open a product to steal a coupon out of it. It gets used to purchase a product that the peelie was ment for as does the tearpad coupon. I look at peelies no different the a coupon on a tear pad. If the manufacturer wanted to safe gaurd it they print the coupon on the inside packaging of the product. I will use peelies elsewhere where i can find a better deal, i don't damage the packaging tho.
    i recently heard from a manager that if a peelie is taken off a product the product is considered damaged and it has to be pulled from the shelf and not to be sold so if a peelie is taken off a product and the store notices it they take it as a loss if they take too much loss prices go up
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    I personally will continue to do what i feel is okay, each there own.

Although there will always be people like you around, most of us here struggle daily to use coupons correctly. Peelies are meant to be used when the product is purchased, so much so that it will even say on the peelie that it is to be USED IMMEDIATELY when you purchase that product. We all make mistakes when using coupons, things are changing so quickly with wording these days, but to blatently remove something from a product that was put there with the intention of the person purchasing the product to get a discount is just wrong.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Fri, Apr 27th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    MamaF likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So....I just thought I'd share this: I picked up some Pantene yesterday with the B1G1 coupon and one of my bottles had a peelie on it.....which I didn't get to use (stacking), and I would have left for someone else but all the ones of that kind had the peelies. Anyway.....the wording on the coupon states:

"$1.50 off THIS Pantene product. Void if transferred, sold, auctioned, reproduced or altered from the original. Any other use constitutes fraud. We in our sole discretion may refuse reimbursement (to the store) where we suspect fraudulent redemption has occurred"

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

here you cant get off the50% off stickers, they will break. I have problems getting them off products I've bought with them on lol!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    here you cant get off the50% off stickers, they will break. I have problems getting them off products I've bought with them on lol!
    Here too!! The ones at the RCSS are bright pink and come off in 5 billion tiny pieces! Usually I just give up so my product isn't covered it the glue underneath lol
    AmberLab and hollyquaiscer like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information