User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Taking Peelies

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I'm furious!!! While grocery shopping this morning I noticed an item that had a peelie missing. For the $3 coupon someone wrecked the packaging on the original container which will probably not get sold now. What a blatant disregard for the manufacturer, the store and other couponers/shoppers!
    This thread is currently associated with: , Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Sally888; Wed, Apr 25th, 2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: edited title to topic

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

wrong section...

would be nice know what peelie your talking about. I say if peelie is on the box its okay, but if the product needs to be opened($4 ziploc coupons) its a no no.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Tue, Apr 24th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

I hate seeing things like that.

I'd say, if it's a peelie, it's only meant to be taken when purchasing that item.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    113 (99%)

Agreed...It is not okay to take every peelie on every package, just because it is on the outside.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I saw samething on Sunday in a Sobeys store. Not only that the peelie was gone but the whole product was missing and the empty packaging was left in a dif. section

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    wrong section...

would be nice know what peelie your talking about. I say if peelie is on the box its okay, but if the product needs to be opened($4 ziploc coupons) its a no no.
    If a peelie is on a box, it is NOT ok to rip it off!! It is mean't to be used by the person who purchased the item that contains the peelie. The product I posted about was a coupon that had to be actually ripped off the package, thus also ruining that particular package. I am refraining to mention what product it was because I don't want people to take this information and misuse it further.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby1 View Post
    I hate seeing things like that.

I'd say, if it's a peelie, it's only meant to be taken when purchasing that item.

Totally agree

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Its annoying when ppl do that, no respect for anyone. I went to SDM last Friday to get Pantene that was on sale, they suppose to have the $4 peelie, but they were all gone except 1(about 10-15 bottles). wow...I almost wanted to leave a note to thank whoever left me one. That is nasty!!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I personally will continue to do what i feel is okay, each there own.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Tue, Apr 24th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I bought a package of Pampers Splashers that was supposed to have $20 worth of P & G coupons inside. I didn't realize until I got home that the package had been opened and the coupons were stolen out of it. I was furious!!!!!!! I live 1 hr from Walmart so it's not even worth it for me to try and exchange the package.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

i will remove a peelie, no diff. then taken a coupon on a tearpad imo to use at another store. Why is it okay to use tearpad coupons one store(sobeys) offers at another store(walmart or no frills)? I will not open a product to steal a coupon out of it. It gets used to purchase a product that the peelie was ment for as does the tearpad coupon. I look at peelies no different the a coupon on a tear pad. If the manufacturer wanted to safe gaurd it they print the coupon on the inside packaging of the product. I will use peelies elsewhere where i can find a better deal, i don't damage the packaging tho.
    kaylamcd likes this.

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    If a peelie is on a box, it is NOT ok to rip it off!! It is mean't to be used by the person who purchased the item that contains the peelie. The product I posted about was a coupon that had to be actually ripped off the package, thus also ruining that particular package. I am refraining to mention what product it was because I don't want people to take this information and misuse it further.
    +1

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

The reason why it's on the package is so the person who buys it gets the coupon, get it?

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    i will remove a peelie, no diff. then taken a coupon on a tearpad imo to use at another store. Why is it okay to use tearpad coupons one store(sobeys) offers at another store(walmart or no frills)? I will not open a product to steal a coupon out of it. It gets used to purchase a product that the peelie was ment for as does the tearpad coupon. I look at peelies no different the a coupon on a tear pad. If the manufacturer wanted to safe gaurd it they print the coupon on the inside packaging of the product. I will use peelies elsewhere where i can find a better deal, i don't damage the packaging tho.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I have never thought of taking a peelie off if I was not purchasing.....I agree you peel it you buy it then and there!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

nope

Should a manufacturer inted this the coupon would be in the product.

i have seen stores apply manufacturer coupon to a product using tape.. removing these a no no too? since the store puts them out this way so the product gets purchased there

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information