User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Taking Peelies

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    i will remove a peelie, no diff. then taken a coupon on a tearpad imo to use at another store. Why is it okay to use tearpad coupons one store(sobeys) offers at another store(walmart or no frills)? I will not open a product to steal a coupon out of it. It gets used to purchase a product that the peelie was ment for as does the tearpad coupon. I look at peelies no different the a coupon on a tear pad. If the manufacturer wanted to safe gaurd it they print the coupon on the inside packaging of the product. I will use peelies elsewhere where i can find a better deal, i don't damage the packaging tho.
    Exactly why I won't mention what product this peelie came from....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had a Pantene peelie that a friend had given me that ended up getting tossed because I was uncomfortable using it. It was on her bottle of Pantene (that she purchased) but the cashier didn't discount the amount when she went through. I read the coupon that stated "To be used on THIS product".......which I always take to mean.......the product that it's actually stuck to!! I thanked my friend but threw out the coupon because I just never would have been comfortable walking into a store and sticking it onto another bottle.

I would never take a peelie off a product I didn't intend to buy.....to me it's no different than taking off the bonus items they sometimes attach to products and attaching it to a completely separate product. I would also wager that if anyone actually emailed a manufacturer to ask, they would likely say that the peelies are meant to be used with the product they are stuck on.......otherwise they would just put out tear pads.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

see next post
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Tue, Apr 24th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

n/a
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Wed, Apr 25th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have reopened this thread, evenone please be respectful thanks
    Tabby40 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I believe peelies go with that product. I don't think it is right to remove them. Could you imagine someone taking the 4.00 peelies of the pantene to use on travel size at walmart. I read a trade someone was doing with these peelies telling people they could take them to walmart and get a whole bunch of overage this trader did not remove them from products she has a friend and they just gave her a roll of them. Most peelies are put on products to sell that product quickly because new stock is coming, that is what I was told at Shoppers when I got pantene last week.
    Last edited by Tabby40; Wed, Apr 25th, 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added some more just to clarify
    manzervite and Cuckoobird like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I believe peelies go with that product. I don't think it is right to remove them. Could you imagine someone taking the 4.00 peelies of the pantene to use on travel size at walmart. I read a trade someone was doing with these peelies telling people they could take them to walmart and get a whole bunch of overage. Most peelies are put on products to sell that product quickly because new stock is coming, that is what I was told at Shoppers when I got pantene last week.

It's really sad that some people do this, I can't believe it!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I believe peelies belong to the product too and Shoppers said they are there for that product only. When Shopper's had them on the Pantene I went one day to the one close to me and they were all gone. I also noticed at my Fortino's someone opened all the Pamper, Huggies and Tampon boxes last week and took the coupons and now on ebay. I think that is stealing and tampering with the product and should be charged.
    princesskimmi and young-one19 like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree that taking something directly off a product should not be allowed. You can't take a bonus sample off of a product, and the same rule should (and in my opinion does) apply to peelies too.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I would imagine P&G / Pantene would be appalled that a retail staff member would take a roll of peelies and simply give them away. They were intended to be attached to a product and if the store did not need all of them it is highly likely that they should have been (a) destroyed, or (b) returned to P&G. They belong to P&G -- not to a cashier/clerk to do with as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I believe peelies go with that product. I don't think it is right to remove them. Could you imagine someone taking the 4.00 peelies of the pantene to use on travel size at walmart. I read a trade someone was doing with these peelies telling people they could take them to walmart and get a whole bunch of overage this trader did not remove them from products she has a friend and they just gave her a roll of them. Most peelies are put on products to sell that product quickly because new stock is coming, that is what I was told at Shoppers when I got pantene last week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I would imagine P&G / Pantene would be appalled that a retail staff member would take a roll of peelies and simply give them away. They were intended to be attached to a product and if the store did not need all of them it is highly likely that they should have been (a) destroyed, or (b) returned to P&G. They belong to P&G -- not to a cashier/clerk to do with as they please.
    I was under the impression that those coupons were put on the product by the reps...I saw the $4 off peelie for Pantene a while back, but I noticed that only the conditioner was left, so didn't buy it.

IMO, if the coupon is inside the product, then it is an incentive for the buyer to keep purchasing the product. When it's outside the package, it is a way of getting some customers to switch brands....so long story short, they should not be taken off by anyone other than the buyer.
    Cuckoobird likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Superstore got a big shipment of huggies in one day with the silver peelies and by the time I got to go shopping someone had taken all but 1 off every box Way to go losers. Thats my take.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by Declans Mom; Thu, Apr 26th, 2012 at 02:42 AM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

bahahha I thought it was the best when I saw pics of someone cutting out cereal coupons while in store. It was a long time ago though. I just wouldn't have the balls to do it. Ever.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Apr 26th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    nope

Should a manufacturer inted this the coupon would be in the product.

i have seen stores apply manufacturer coupon to a product using tape.. removing these a no no too? since the store puts them out this way so the product gets purchased there
    I think a peelie is intended for the person who buys the product to use it that day more easily. If the coupon is in the box, the discount would be on the next purchase. If the peelie is for a different product than being purchased (ie. Aveeno on Listerine bottles) I think it's a "reward" for buying the product. That's my common sense approach to the situation
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information