User Tag List

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    As much as I would love to out them both.... I won't. I don't want to cause a whole uproar. I can say, one is from Ontario, the other from BC and both are frequent traders. The thing that bothered me most is that they were selling lots of the same coupon. Like 10 of one, or 15 of the same coupon. If it were mixed lots it wouldnt be so bad because we all have loads of coupons we don't get to use. But when it is the same coupon, its obvious the only reason for taking them is to sell. Also, one of those sellers has Nexxus for sale on ebay, and on their trade list... so something to keep in mind

Am I the only one dying to know? Lol

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ We need to know who is doing this so we can put a stop to it! It's not fair to others. I am all for taking two or three coupons but come on the whole pack?
    bmpsmommy likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Went to a different SDM today near my parents and found the Nexxus coupon tearpad cleaned out...but there was lots of Nexxus products on the clearance shelf for $2.50...I guess no one wanted to use the coupons on this? Got myself a free hairspray at least with a coupon I found at different SDMs earlier this week.

I don't understand the trial sizes either. How annoying to have so many little bottles. I looked up donating trial sizes to a women's shelter and they said they didn't want them. Only full size

The only reason why people buy the trial size is to get the overage. At Walmart which allows overages, the price for trial size shampoo is $2, so for every $3 coupon used on the trial size, they get $1. A dollar per coupon overage is actually a lot. I can why see people are abusing it. Say if one buys 10 trial sizes in one transaction, that's an easy $10 in their pocket.
    Last edited by Cuckoobird; Fri, Apr 27th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Nope!!

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuseToPayFullPrice View Post
    Am I the only one dying to know? Lol
    Jezebel and annedougherty like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I would like to know to
    annedougherty likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    The only reason why people buy the trial size is to get the overage. At Walmart which allows overages, the price for trial size shampoo is $2, so for every $3 coupon used on the trial size, they get $1. A dollar per coupon overage is actually a lot. I can why see people are abusing it. Say if one buys 10 trial sizes in one transaction, that's an easy $10 in their pocket.
    I don't necessarily think that's entirely fair. Yes.....some do abuse this coupon and the trial sizes.....the people are who buying endless supplies of them.....but like I mentioned before, I often pick up trial sizes myself for travelling and camping a couple times a year. I don't buy an endless supply....maybe ten trial sizes (only one Nexxus) total over the whole year....and have only received overage once in my life for a John Frieda product. BUT if I did receive overage from buying a sample bottle of shampoo and conditioner (2....not 50, lol) I wouldn't see that as a huge deal because I regularly use their full sized products as well......but I don't want to haul those around in my suitcase, camping ete etc, lol. I think people getting the overage a few times over the span of a year is fine (and I mean the overage for one or two products!).....it's the people who are clearing entire shelves to get $10, $20, $30 in overages in one shopping trip (or even 2 or 3+)that are causing the problems.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    Nope!!
    i'm curious too!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I know, I didn't understand the logic to this one at all, but they actually wrote on the site twice that they didn't want them. You're right, they could always give them to the women leaving if they don't want them inside! I don't get much travel size stuff anyway so not a huge deal, but it made me wonder who would refuse donations? Reminds me of the time I offered to volunteer at a very well known children's charity but could only do a certain amount of hours, and the lady actually said "don't bother."

Off topic but when I was a teen and had to complete volunteer hours for graduation (had to be done by grade 10 at my school), I had a hard time finding anyone who wanted a 15 year old to work for free... Wonder if it's still the case

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I'm extremely surprised a women's shelter (or any shelter) would turn down the trial sizes.....especially in this economy when many can barely afford the necessities for themselves, never mind to donate. I'm sure they could find a use for them....even if they handed them out to the women who are leaving the shelters. How odd.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I think Nexxus should be aware that there coupons are being abused by others and that the overage is coming out of Nexxus pockets. Also companies should be aware that people are making money off there coupons by selling them on Ebay. I plan on emailing some companies this week with pictures of the coupons gone in my area and the Ebay auctions. Maybe the company itself can shut down the auctions.
    I know one person who sells on ebay is on this forum you can search Ebay of there previous knick names and search the forums for it. Also you can search these forums to see who brags about certain products. I am so close to finding the person in my area stealing all the coupons including peelies off of products.
    It pisses me off so much cause I am on a tight budget every month with me on EI and hubby working on PhD and every penny helps and coupons help so much if I save a $1 on a product that $1 goes towards meat or veggies.
    Sorry for any grammar errors haven't had my coffee yet
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

But then you gotta store 10 trial size bottles. And you have to deal with the cashier who asks the CSM for permission to use it on trial sizes. And if it says "one per purchase" at my Walmart they process that in SEPARATE transactions so you'd be standing there forever. Sounds like a lot of work for a dollar.

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I don't necessarily think that's entirely fair. Yes.....some do abuse this coupon and the trial sizes.....the people are who buying endless supplies of them.....but like I mentioned before, I often pick up trial sizes myself for travelling and camping a couple times a year. I don't buy an endless supply....maybe ten trial sizes (only one Nexxus) total over the whole year....and have only received overage once in my life for a John Frieda product. BUT if I did receive overage from buying a sample bottle of shampoo and conditioner (2....not 50, lol) I wouldn't see that as a huge deal because I regularly use their full sized products as well......but I don't want to haul those around in my suitcase, camping ete etc, lol. I think people getting the overage a few times over the span of a year is fine (and I mean the overage for one or two products!).....it's the people who are clearing entire shelves to get $10, $20, $30 in overages in one shopping trip (or even 2 or 3+)that are causing the problems.
    I agree! Getting the overage a few times over a span of months or a year is fine. If you google "Nexxus overage at Walmart", you will see a couponing website which teaches its members how it's done and how to maximize it. Maximize meaning doing it over and over again in a span of hours or days thus clearing the shelves.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree! Getting the overage a few times over a span of months or a year is fine. If you google "Nexxus overage at Walmart", you will see a couponing website which teaches its members how it's done and how to maximize it. Maximize meaning doing it over and over again in a span of hours or days thus clearing the shelves.
    I saw that on one of the Ebay ads as well. One of the first things it said was that you could use the coupons on the shampoo to make $1 in overage!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I think Nexxus should be aware that there coupons are being abused by others and that the overage is coming out of Nexxus pockets. Also companies should be aware that people are making money off there coupons by selling them on Ebay. I plan on emailing some companies this week with pictures of the coupons gone in my area and the Ebay auctions. Maybe the company itself can shut down the auctions.
    I know one person who sells on ebay is on this forum you can search Ebay of there previous knick names and search the forums for it. Also you can search these forums to see who brags about certain products. I am so close to finding the person in my area stealing all the coupons including peelies off of products.
    It pisses me off so much cause I am on a tight budget every month with me on EI and hubby working on PhD and every penny helps and coupons help so much if I save a $1 on a product that $1 goes towards meat or veggies.
    Sorry for any grammar errors haven't had my coffee yet

Yes, I have seen people selling on ebay with the same user name as people on SC, I've always wondered if those are the same people or just coincidences... makes you wonder.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    But then you gotta store 10 trial size bottles. And you have to deal with the cashier who asks the CSM for permission to use it on trial sizes. And if it says "one per purchase" at my Walmart they process that in SEPARATE transactions so you'd be standing there forever. Sounds like a lot of work for a dollar.
    10 trial sizes in one transaction is just an example. Maybe people are buying 3 or 4, who knows and they do challenge the cashiers. The coupon has no size restriction so from cashier level this can easily be settled. There's no need to involve the CSM on this. Coupon states any size, case is closed.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

teaser

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Yes, I have seen people selling on ebay with the same user name as people on SC, I've always wondered if those are the same people or just coincidences... makes you wonder.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information