User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Not allowed to use coupon for free milk!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My Walmart doesn't carry Trutaste milk in 1L, but a woman in front of me at the cash was screaming obscenities at the cashier because she wouldn't let her PM and use the coupon on the regular Neilson milk instead of Trustaste. She thinks they should let her have it as it is a similar item and the regular brand should be cheaper than Trutaste (that doesnt explain why they should accept a coupon though IMO). She was still speaking to a police officer when I left
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

"She was still speaking to a police officer when I left"

I bet that was a fun conversation
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yep, can you imagine potentially being arrested over arguing with a cashier over price matching
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

i am sooo glad my local Loblaws put a 4 limit on the milk...i was able to get another 8 last night....(husband went with me ..)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow! You know you've gone too far when...
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    My Walmart doesn't carry Trutaste milk in 1L, but a woman in front of me at the cash was screaming obscenities at the cashier because she wouldn't let her PM and use the coupon on the regular Neilson milk instead of Trustaste. She thinks they should let her have it as it is a similar item and the regular brand should be cheaper than Trutaste (that doesnt explain why they should accept a coupon though IMO). She was still speaking to a police officer when I left
    FallenPixels and sweetnlow30 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

While I was clarifying some price-matching and coupons at Customer Service at the Goderich Walmart, the two employees mentioned how pleasant it is to deal with me.

They were explaining that a co-operative and organized couponer is very rare.

They were comparing my attitude and behaviour to the "usual couponers", who were much more challenging to deal with. ( disorganized, argumentative, trying to use on wrong product, etc)

Those few extremely bad couponers who are lying, temperamental and thieving are really making an lasting impression on store staff.

I explained to them that my philosophy was that I was on an extremely tight budget and that I am darn grateful that I can get any of the items that I wanted ( gestured at my cart with lots of great deals) at 50%, 75% or even 100% off the shelf price that those other customers ( gestured at nearby entrance) are paying shelf prices for.

I am willing to do several things to make it a great shopping trip for everyone.
    One example is that I self-limit to take reasonable quantities (often 6-10 items each deal), so that they have enough to still sell to other customers.

My explanation also included the idea that I wasn't just buying products, I was building relationships with their staff.
    Both of us would like an easy and pleasant interaction and we would all prefer that they are happy to see me and welcome me in the store.
    I get fabulous deals and they get that I am making efforts to make the whole thing pleasant for all of us.

I would like to add that one poster in this thread mentioned that he got refused the use of this milk coupon at the Goderich Zehrs, so I avoided the conflict and voted with my dollars **next door to Zehrs** at the Goderich Walmart where there was not only no hassle, but the staff warmly welcomed and interacted with me.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
    FallenPixels and Sarah W like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah, I will push my point if I know i am right, but me pushing my point is 'could you get your manager so I can clarify this with them' not screaming at a cashier to the point she is in tears
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Me and mom have yelled at several customers who act like that. Cashiers cannot defend themselves against craptacular customers because "the customer is always right." But I'm a customer, and I can yell at other customers if they are abusing a cashier. Mom is a cashier herself and is especially pissed whenever cashiers are mistreated. And yes if we know we are right, its time to get the manager involved, no need to kick and scream. Especially with that lady with the police wtf

Yeah, I will push my point if I know i am right, but me pushing my point is 'could you get your manager so I can clarify this with them' not screaming at a cashier to the point she is in tears
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

[QUOTE=torontogal12;4657959]Cashiers cannot defend themselves against craptacular customers because "the customer is always right."[QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one who used the word "craptacular".
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I just saw it today at my WM..woman with full cart of milk must be 30 with coupons in hand and my WM doesn't carry Trutaste. Cashier said politely they can't price match because brand names don't match and its against there policy. Cashier was super nice and super calm. I was impressed cause I would of freaked out cause I have worked at WM before and sometimes its crazy. Customer said find I will go down the road and buy it where it's on sale and cashier didn't say anything and customer left buggy full of milk.
    I talked to the cashier and she said its happened often this weekend and some customers were yelling and one threw milk on the floor and cops were called.
    My two WM's are close to Fortinos and she could of walked across the street like I did.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    This reminds me of the Ocean Spray printable coupon that went viral last year. I often wonder what "checks and balances" are at play where one person will use one or two and another will use twenty?
    Ahem, please quote the correct facts if you are making a reference to the "infamous Ocean Spray Caper" done by my son theweave. It was 110 coupons redeemed in one transaction, not twenty!

That said, 100 of them got donated to the Food Bank. Very good cause. They were 100% legit coupons, individually printed off using 110 pages of printer paper and practically an entire thing of ink! So no one got ripped off by it. He got the juice and No Frills got their money from Ocean Spray. Everyone won on it!

Here is the original thread from September 2010. Note that there is not one negative comment made about it....

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/156859-...y-brag-canada/

By the way, where is this coupon for free milk? I did not know about it until someone pm'ed me about it today!
    Last edited by theweaves_dad; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Added original thread
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    i used them at Brantford Zehrs and had no problem
    Sharkie, I have to ask this... you say you used the coupon in Brantford, yet your location says Cathcart??? Do you live in Cathcart and happened to be in Brantford or maybe vice versa??? Just curious!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post
    By the way, where is this coupon for free milk? I did not know about it until someone pm'ed me about it today!
    http://ingredientsetc.saputo.ca/enew...n/trutaste.pdf

I haven't gotten any because sale is not in Quebec.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Ahem, please quote the correct facts if you are making a reference to the "infamous Ocean Spray Caper" done by my son theweave. It was 116 coupons redeemed in one transaction, not twenty!

That said, 100 of them got donated to the Food Bank. Very good cause. They were 100% legit coupons, individually printed off using 116 pages of printer paper and practically an entire thing of ink! So no one got ripped off by it. He got the juice and No Frills got their money from Ocean Spray. Everyone won on it!

http://ingredientsetc.saputo.ca/enew...n/trutaste.pdf is the link

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ahem, please quote the correct facts if you are making a reference to the "infamous Ocean Spray Caper" done by my son theweave. It was 116 coupons redeemed in one transaction, not twenty!

That said, 100 of them got donated to the Food Bank. Very good cause. They were 100% legit coupons, individually printed off using 116 pages of printer paper and practically an entire thing of ink! So no one got ripped off by it. He got the juice and No Frills got their money from Ocean Spray. Everyone won on it!

I wasn't referring to you specifically, lots of people did it. How do you know that No Frills got the money back? Didn't they stop taking printables soon after? And Ocean Spray hasn't put another offer out like it, that speaks volumes, no? I'm sure Chris felt good about donating all those bottles of juice, but perhaps Ocean Spray would have appreciated the tax writeoff? This is just my opinion and I'm not pointing any fingers...

I'm glad that the Walmart staff were firm when badgered about taking that coupon for something else entirely. If they would have gotten away with it, we would surely have it in the brag section and if the OP gets corrected, they too can say...oops didn't even notice that (ala 20 count Snuggle)...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information