User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: most expensive trade EVER cost me almost $400

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I got a speeding ticket on Plessis whilst on the way to a trade. Unfamiliar with the area and with a 2 yr old in tow I must have been distracted enough that I didn't see the 50 sign - I did notice houses coming up so was starting to slow down but only made it to 75 before they got me = almost $400.

Fate is that you? its Wendy. Is this a sign to take it easy on my upcoming road trip or is this a kick in the pants for ?? something else - not giving enough chocolate to my child, not doing enough raok's, WHAT?! I'm going to meet up with a friend who just lost her mum and who needs a much needed break from her 3 kids/absent husband and to save money(HA!) am driving to Fargo to fly out west (saved funnily enough almost the amount of the ticket) yet I'm still not laughing. Fate I don't like negative signs/vibes - like the murder scene nearby, witnessing a car accident on the same evening walk and now being pummelled in my (sacred) wallet. Fate I get it. Its my turn - but are you done? I would like to enjoy the companionship of a friend whom I've had for over 35years in relative peace. Deep breaths - maybe a bit of yoga to relax while the kids nap. Thanks for reading my unfortunate tale of expensive couponing.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

I just feel so bad for you. That is one expensive tickets. You will have to do alot of coupon clipping to make up for that. LOL!! Hopefully your stars are aligned now.
    looking at joining fresh points use fitzgirl as a referal and get 150pts and i get 50pts.

easy points to redeemed for gift cards.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

off to do some yoga ohm!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

ouch... that's why I don't drive down plessis, lol... (that and it is obviously far from me). good luck on your upcoming trip and I hope you got some good coupons out of that very expensive trade
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

so like 80 in a 50 zone?? yikes!! does that road look like a highway? I am not familiar. Sometimes roads can trick you, making you think you can go faster cuz theres no schools or houses nearby. Like on Kenaston, heading south, just passing Grant, that turns into a 50 zone, like really?? You can easily be doing at LEAST 60! I know there are houses nearby (and a photo radar camera of course) but everyone always tails me when I actually am doing 50. I'm like, what! Its the speed limit, change lanes!!
    Once I was going a just a couple blocks to my destination, and I wasn't wearing my seatbelt and sure enuf, the cops pulled me over, and BAM! $235 I owed!!! (That was like 5 yrs ago, it's probably gone up since then) =(

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Yes, it is in a switch over zone where you come down from 80 to 50 on the northern part of Plessis before you hit Dugald. I think I've travelled the road a few times but not as a driver so I've never paid attention. Poooooopy. Hubby was really impressed.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Awe hugs. The big guy only gives you what you can bear. That's what I always remind myself when days like this happen

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Wendy, I feel so sad for you. I hope that it will be the last of the bad things you've experienced so that good things start to come. I remember an old saying in my own culture being "feel lucky as you have only lost money rather than more important things such as health, happiness or your loved ones". I used this saying to comfort myself in the past when I got a fine of nearly 500$ for walking across a street with my bike when the traffic light in my direction was yellow, then being pulled by some cops and being asked for ID when I had no paper with me (I was on the way to a supermarket to buy some sale advertised deals, haha) and it was my first year in Canada, I was then in my early pregnancy and I was too scared for being questioned by cops and I spelled my name wrong in English; consequently they gave me that huge ticket with the reason of giving false identity information!!!. It was my first and biggest ticket I ever got and cost us more than half month rent of our apartment at that time when my spouse was only a student and I was a stay-at-home mom. But the thing I was scared the most was that it could be included in my criminal record or something like that. The day after I had to go in person to pay my ticket right away and asked if my criminal record could be affected negatively with such stupid ticket. Luckily they told me no, it was a ticket issued under some traffic codes. But 500$ fine is still bitter to me until today honestly.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Sorry to hear that. But Wendy, just relax. Nothing worst happened - other than the ticket.

I know it's easy for me to say that. I would feel the same if I were you. Do yoga then. lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

You can always try to fight it as "guilty with an explanation". They may reduce it...It's only money even though it is a lot.

As for yoga, it's getting me through the slashing and cutting at work. I am grateful to still have a job, health, and a wonderful family.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MeMew View Post
    Wendy, I feel so sad for you. I hope that it will be the last of the bad things you've experienced so that good things start to come. I remember an old saying in my own culture being "feel lucky as you have only lost money rather than more important things such as health, happiness or your loved ones". I used this saying to comfort myself in the past when I got a fine of nearly 500$ for walking across a street with my bike when the traffic light in my direction was yellow, then being pulled by some cops and being asked for ID when I had no paper with me (I was on the way to a supermarket to buy some sale advertised deals, haha) and it was my first year in Canada, I was then in my early pregnancy and I was too scared for being questioned by cops and I spelled my name wrong in English; consequently they gave me that huge ticket with the reason of giving false identity information!!!. It was my first and biggest ticket I ever got and cost us more than half month rent of our apartment at that time when my spouse was only a student and I was a stay-at-home mom. But the thing I was scared the most was that it could be included in my criminal record or something like that. The day after I had to go in person to pay my ticket right away and asked if my criminal record could be affected negatively with such stupid ticket. Luckily they told me no, it was a ticket issued under some traffic codes. But 500$ fine is still bitter to me until today honestly.
    That is just awful! Sounds so unfair!
    debragirl31 likes this.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie girl View Post
    That is just awful! Sounds so unfair!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

aww that is terrible I have a rock chip in my rental.....not covered by my insurance I hope things look up for you Wendy !!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know what you mean. Happened to me last year. By the time my points are paid off, with the ticket and tow (they impound your car for 7 days) this error on an empty road will have cost me $1500.
    gone shopping!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I got a ticket last month. I was peeved for over a week. Even now when I think about it I am upset. The cops were out on the last day of the month and I drove 30 in the 30 zones. They were giving out tickets! But I did see a person driving at least 90 in a 30 zone in front of a school. I said look at that **iot. He got nailed. Only one I was glad for. The rest of us, NO. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information