Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 5 Post By lekate
  • 1 Post By littlegoogi
  • 2 Post By Speckled28
  • 2 Post By Tbites
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 5 Post By luvfreestuff

Thread: Do people bother checking their PMs?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There are a few people here who post their same wishlist often. I have a lot from the wishlist of one of these people. I have messaged that person twice telling her what I've got.

She hasn't bothered to reply and continues to post her same wishlist looking for the same stuff I had messaged about.

Do you actually want the stuff or not? Just saying
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    elayjosh and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Probably holding out for more than what you're offering? Rude of them to not respond regardless though.....
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I didn't even offer anything! I just said "here's what I've got. Do you have something from my wishlist?" That's it. Even if you've got nothing, at least send me your tradelist or talk to me because I'd be more than willing to trade anyways

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Probably holding out for more than what you're offering? Rude of them to not respond regardless though.....
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

littlegoogi
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have had this to and it is very frustrating
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've had this happen quite a few times too. Or people who ask me for UPC's and 50 other questions about coupon wording and whatnot.....and after taking the time to type it all out and send it, they just never get back to me.
    flyingdutch and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I started keeping a mental note the first couple of times this happened to me... but now that list has grown and I wouldn't remember all the names if I didn't write the down. It's sad, but just like in real life... there's people who don't believe in common courtesy if they think "no one's looking"

There's a thread about it here http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/103078-...ive-no-canada/
    elayjosh and smartshopper888 like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I don't really trade with people, mostly I send RAOKs and swap at the GTA meet. But I will say that I have let PMs go unnoticed ever since the changes to SC - I don't notice them because they're not as visible in the new format. Unless I'm particularly on the ball - and that doesn't happen often! - or sending one to someone, I just don't think of it.

Maybe post in their bumped thread that you've PMed them? Surely they'd see that, at least the next time they went to bump it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@Screamy. I just gave up on her and moved on lol. Not worth it when there's other good ones here
    flyingdutch likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I hate to say it, but Im guilty of this With me, I get so many PM's in the run of a day... usually when they come in, I get them first on my phone ( through email ) so I check them quickly and get on with busy busy busy.......... by the end of the day sometimes there are 20 so when I finally get all the kids to bed and sit down, It seems like such a big task to go through them. The only ones I seem to get to right away are the ones where newbies are asking questions about trade ratios and only because Ive made it a point to offer my help there, so they always get proirity. In the day I usually only have a few minutes here and there to check for new coupons or freebies. Sometimes my trades have to take a back seat.

On the other hand, when I finally do get back to people I will do so even if I dont wish to trade. I agree its rude when people turn up their noses and just dont reply because an offer isnt good enough
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

ohhh how i hear what you're saying.... i need some coupons from 3 senior members here... i pm'ed them and they reply to me asking for exp dates and details of coupons ...replied back at them and Puuuffff they disappear ... rude!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Really? I've never had an issue with people responding to my PM's... And I always check my PM's first thing when I log in .. I always just assumed this was something steriotypical!
    I hope I don't have any future issues with contacting people! (and I hope nobody has trouble contacting me!
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Urghhh!! I am so annoyed with some members not responding to pms regarding trade requests when they continually bump their wish/trade lists. I have a bunch of things on a few of their wish lists and they have things that I would like to trade for. I message them and NO response not even a no thank you. I don't care if you want to trade with me or not but it is incredibly rude not to respond to someone. If you don't want to trade stop bumping your trade list or take the items I have off your wish list because you clearly don't want them.

I make an effort to respond to every single pm that I get because it's just common courtesy. I'm going to start a list of the members who don't respond to my pms so I ensure that I will not trade with them in the future.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

sorry this happened to you TorontoGal... I'm pretty neurotic about checking my PMs but I'm always fearful I'm missing something or someone. I would hate to be that "rude person"... your thread made me go back and check through all my PMs and make sure I haven't missed anyone. I would hope if I did they'd send me another message to jog my memory.

Hope you have more successful communications with traders in the future!

Thread Information