User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5 gifts mom doesn't want for Mother's Day

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    If I had that huge a person, I'd probably get lost in it while looking for something I lost in it the week before
    Now, that's just hilarious!

Sometimes accidents just work so well!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I use my baby mostly for mixing bread dough as well. Not very often I purchase bread at the store unless its a real bargain or I just absolutely have no time to make it for the family. I'm Celiac so I eat a total different type of bread altogether. I have made bread for sooooo many years, always by hand. Kids bought me a bread maker about 6 or 7 years ago. I used it once, and gave it to one of them, just doesn't taste like my bread. It has a real strong yeast taste to it, probably because you need more yeast. Not for me. There are several of us here (us old broads ) who are stricken with fibromyalgia. My first thought when I started having troubles was...I need a mixer to help me make bread, lol. Now, I use if for almost everything. When I make wedding cakes, the batter for those cakes tends to be heavier, so by using my mixer, I can beat it a lot longer to get those extra air bubbles into it to create a very light cake.

As for the flower going everywhere, when you use the stand mixer, the bowl is deep so unless you have a grandson that turns it on 10 when you tell him to put it on 1, everything stays in the bowl (or if you use the paddle instead of the dough hook when you start out making your bread ). I have attachments to make homemade pasta, sausage, grind my own ground beef and do tons of other stuff. I don't use those as often anymore, but last year I used these other things a lot. Believe me...keep dropping hints till you get one, you'll love it it will be like a new bff!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Now, that's just hilarious!

Sometimes accidents just work so well!

I'm mortified I fixed it,
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I use my baby mostly for mixing bread dough as well. Not very often I purchase bread at the store unless its a real bargain or I just absolutely have no time to make it for the family. I'm Celiac so I eat a total different type of bread altogether. I have made bread for sooooo many years, always by hand. Kids bought me a bread maker about 6 or 7 years ago. I used it once, and gave it to one of them, just doesn't taste like my bread. It has a real strong yeast taste to it, probably because you need more yeast. Not for me. There are several of us here (us old broads ) who are stricken with fibromyalgia. My first thought when I started having troubles was...I need a mixer to help me make bread, lol. Now, I use if for almost everything. When I make wedding cakes, the batter for those cakes tends to be heavier, so by using my mixer, I can beat it a lot longer to get those extra air bubbles into it to create a very light cake.

As for the flower going everywhere, when you use the stand mixer, the bowl is deep so unless you have a grandson that turns it on 10 when you tell him to put it on 1, everything stays in the bowl (or if you use the paddle instead of the dough hook when you start out making your bread ). I have attachments to make homemade pasta, sausage, grind my own ground beef and do tons of other stuff. I don't use those as often anymore, but last year I used these other things a lot. Believe me...keep dropping hints till you get one, you'll love it it will be like a new bff!
    Ditto, Holly.....I was, meh...when I got mine (air miles points), but lordy, I have no idea what I'd do without it! Certainly not as much baking as I do now! I just made our grandson his favourite pumpkin muffins and just leaving the thing on and tossing stuff into it and poof! you have muffins! I also did our DD's wedding cake with it and it was so perfect...I'm thinking of the pasta attachment, or the meat grinder....but I wish I was the bread-maker you are, Holly!! There's nothing like home-made bread!!!!!
    Natalka, hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My kids got me a Keurig for MOthers day! Clearly the author of that article doesnt know moms.... I'm over the moon with my new Keurig (must be all the coffee I've drank since yesterday.

I have awesome kids!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    hubby's very first holiday gift to me was a food processor.

yup, 11 yrs later i still make complain about it and make fun of him for it, complete with reenactment of his idiotic comments when i opened it up and saw that i was being given an appliance.
    My husband's father bought his mother a Veggie-matic for a gift back in the 60's....he never did live that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    my main grudge is that my birthday falls on or around Mother's Day so I have to come up with 2 lots of acceptable gifts in close succession...
    First world problems, hey, Darth? j/k!

I like getting cookbooks and gardening books as gifts. I am one of those weird people who don't carry a purse, so that's out. I got a Kitchenaid mixer over four years ago as an anniversary gift and have not used it (prefer my hand-held Kitchenaid). The most useless gift for me would be a gift certificate to a spa...I've received a few over the years from friends and never used them.

I actually selected my own gift this year...a huge pot of calla lilies. I'm not much of a romantic...I don't like getting fresh-cut flowers - to me, live potted plants are gifts that keep on giving...
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Very first world problem.....
    marstec likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So apparently, 'no gift' was the route some went this year.....

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So apparently, 'no gift' was the route some went this year.....
    Im sorry to hear that nat. My dd's celebrated with me on Saturday, I was spoiled rotten as usual. Not only did I get the coach purse that I had be longing for but would never, ever spend that kind of money on, but I got 2 a beautiful one for summer and a wonderful bag for fall as well. Then I got a guess summer one piece short set from another dd and a fabulous dinner. Then on Sunday my dh took me for breakfast and a nice ride in his convertible. The morning was really nice.
    DiamondLil and Natalka like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information