User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad drivers.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a few pet peeves with drivers, but my major one I witnessed yesterday. People who do not respect the flashing red lights of a school bus. On my way to work yesterday, I stopped at a crosswalk (the lights were also flashing), and a school bus stopped to let someone off at the crosswalk (the bus had their lights flashing) from the opposite direction. The car behind me, got impatient with me not moving so they pulled out to pass me i the other lane (this is a 4 lane road) drive past the school bus with the stop sign out and the flashing red lights, then pull into their original lane just to be stopped at right light at the next block. Some drivers think just because it is a 4 lane road, the rules regarding school buses do not apply. Luckily the child was not crossing the road.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A couple of years ago, one idiot decided to overtake the stopped bus on the wrong side of the road, narrowly avoiding a car on the other side.

Mr SQ who was waiting on the other side for the bus to move was not very impressed.....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

my pet peeve is when im in the right lane, absolutely no traffic behind me and some jackass in the left lane just HAS to get in front of me forcing me to brake.
    It's not a law that I have to let you in, and if i have to slam on my brakes before you can squeeze in, there wasn't enough room to begin with!!!

And as someone else mentioned, i absolutely hate it when people fly up the merge lane doing 80 (im talking in the city, not on the hwy) to try and get in further ahead of the line. I just know they aren't doing it because they didn't know the lane merged, they just want to get ahead of everyone else that merged when we were suppose to. Those people, I don't let in.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Large truck in the middle lane signaling right and 3 cars sped past it in the right lane AS IT WAS TURNING causing it to swing further across into my side of the road..

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

People who don't know how 4 way stops work.

People who don't know how traffic circles work.

People who don't signal.

People who tailgate.

People who pass on the double yellow.

People who go 40km/h below the speed limit on windy country roads.

I could go on...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    when people think their invisible in their car and pick their nose at a red light LOL

also people who dont signal when changing lanes!
    I know! it's so gross!! I'm like..Hello..i can freeging see you! LOL

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I find the lack of turn signals very frustrating. We don't own a car, we're usually on foot. When I drive, I use that silly arm on the side of the steering column always. But sometimes it seems that drivers gauge whether they need a turn signal on whether there's any cars around. Hello, I'm trying to cross the street by walking in the crosswalk, I also need to know if you're turning if I want to avoid your squishing me! We've taught our DS to ALWAYS look both ways, more than once, even if you do have the light.

When I am driving, I hate when I get to a red light and someone creeps up on my bumper. I move forward a bit to give myself some room, they move up too. Grr!
    Last edited by Zonny; Tue, May 29th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Aimz likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Large truck in the middle lane signaling right and 3 cars sped past it in the right lane AS IT WAS TURNING causing it to swing further across into my side of the road..
    Good thing you were paying attention, Darth!

People who don't signal do it habitually...just like the people who don't stop at stop signs. My husband was in cars with two colleagues and both of them rolled through stop signs! I got a bit of a kick today seeing a guy pulled over by the cops half a block from my house...I imagine it was failure to stop at a stop sign. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel around here if they set up regular spot checks.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am both a driver and a cyclist and cyclist and drivers can be stupid, but a stupid cyclist/driver combo = a dead or seriously injured person. So please mr driver don't cut in front of me and do a quick right hand turn especially if you did not use a freakin signal light . I don't have wings and I can't fly and that is what happen when you cross my lane of traffic. In return I will always stop at the stop signs and not tango with your car.
    As a driver my biggest pet peeve is the driver that pulls in front of me on the highway only to then slow down. really did that 10 feet make difference to your journey.
    Tbites likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live on a cul-de-sac with less than 20 houses on it. I hate how people insist on hitting the gas and getting up to 60 just to brake hard and turn around at the end. There is also a small parkway in the city I live in where the limit is 70. Nothing annoys me more than being in the passing lane to get past a long line of traffic going 45 for fun to catch up to someone in the passing lane also doing 45!!!! It is 70 people.....speed up, use a different road if it is too fast for you or give your license back and take the bus.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    ...or give your license back and take the bus.
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I actually hurt my wife's neck today from a fast brake. I have very fast reaction times, which is kinda surprising because I'm getting old and decrepit. Always been that way though. I probably should have been a hockey goalie.

Wasn't a driver that caused this though, a pedestrian. Driving down a side street in a residential neighborhood, about 40kph and a teen boy comes flying out from behind a hedge less than 20ft away. Teen messing around with his friends but I near pressed the brake through the floor to not hit him. Don't people have any sense of self-preservation? He just laughs and runs back behind the hedge to whoever he's acting like an idiot with. geez.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Many eons ago when I was driving dinosaur cars, some teens decided to play chicken with me in a car park...

I was tired, pregnant and extremely hormonal....and the boy teens decided to run out in front of my car while I breaked..this was over 8 or 9 rows of parking until I got seriously p!ed off..

The next row I was going slow, teens popped out and I slowly drove...steady speed...best Joker smile..closer and closer and closer and closer..grin getting bigger....not stopping till they broke and run..

Not my best display of driving skill but I felt a lot better for it..
    DaveP and jessep13 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it really makes me angry when i have the right of way crossing the street ( with my daughter in her stroller) and some dood decides to turn with out looking to see that i am crossing the street.
    DaveP likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The over courteous idiots that stop at a green light and allow a person at the red light to turn right and the dummies that insist on moving to the left lane so that they can turn right.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information