User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 96
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad drivers.

  1. #31
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,752
    Likes Received
    1117
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaver View Post
    The left lane is for passing, if you are going slower than there person behind you then MOVE OVER. I live in Toronto and drive in traffic every day, too often traffic is slow because people leave too much space in front of them and slow down unnecessarily. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7wm-pZp_mi0
    As long as they are going the speed limit they have just as much right to that lane as anyone. From what i see many people don't leave enough room... theres no reason someone should be traveling 40-50% faster then what most of the traffic is travelling- makes it very unsafe... speeders weaving in front of others and so forth in my opinion contribute as much to traffic as slow drivers.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sat, May 12th, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

  2. #32
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Scarborough, Ontario
    Posts
    543
    Likes Received
    27
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    As long as they are going the speed limit they have just as much right to that lane as anyone. From what i see many people don't leave enough room... theres no reason someone should be traveling 40-50% faster then what most of the traffic is travelling- makes it very unsafe... speeders weaving in front of others and so forth in my opinion contribute as much to traffic as slow drivers.
    No its the passing lane, by the book you aren't even supposed to use that lane unless you are passing. If you want to drive the limit drive in the right lane and stop slowing everyone who wants to drive faster down. If I'm driving faster than you and changing lanes in front of you how does that slow traffic? There is no reason for you to brake or slow down,losing.
    Aimz and Tbites like this.

  3. #33
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,301
    Likes Received
    1633
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaver View Post
    The left lane is for passing, if you are going slower than there person behind you then MOVE OVER. I live in Toronto and drive in traffic every day, too often traffic is slow because people leave too much space in front of them and slow down unnecessarily. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7wm-pZp_mi0
    Sorry. I didn't watch the video, but...
    I wasn't talking about people who are using the left lane for passing. I was talking about people who consider the left lane their personal lane to drive their entire trip as fast as they want to. I also drive on the highway everyday. They are not using the left lane for passing.
    My personal experience with leaving space in front of me is that it doesn't slow the person behind me down. It allows me (and them) to drive at a more steady speed because I don't have to keep braking for the person in front of me.
    Gazpache and dariusz8 like this.

  4. #34
    Axiomatic Canuck Tbites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lost Lake, QC
    Posts
    2,181
    Likes Received
    2447
    Trading Score
    193 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    As long as they are going the speed limit they have just as much right to that lane as anyone. From what i see many people don't leave enough room... theres no reason someone should be traveling 40-50% faster then what most of the traffic is travelling- makes it very unsafe... speeders weaving in front of others and so forth in my opinion contribute as much to traffic as slow drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersaver View Post
    No its the passing lane, by the book you aren't even supposed to use that lane unless you are passing. If you want to drive the limit drive in the right lane and stop slowing everyone who wants to drive faster down. If I'm driving faster than you and changing lanes in front of you how does that slow traffic? There is no reason for you to brake or slow down,losing.
    Sorry but the left lane IS for passing, even if you're following the speed limit, you're supposed to stick to the right whenever possible and leave the left lane available for passing. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...ion2.9.2.shtml

    I saw an example of this last summer driving from Miramichi to Moncton, the left lane was clear the ENTIRE WAY !! Driving heaven... something you'll probably never see in QC

    I have to admit though, guilty as charged on the rolling stops .... as long as you respect the "who got there first rule"... why are people annoyed by this ? Please don't flame, I'm really just curious to know (beyond a mere "it's the law")

    Friends don't let friends trade at max value

    MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

  5. #35
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    84,315
    Likes Received
    37056
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    my biggest peeve are the tards who still insist on texting/talking on the phone while driving.. stupid blonde woman was following me a couple of weeks ago and i could see her head bobbing up and down in between keystrokes.. nowhere for me to go as it was one lane each way, i was praying that if she hit me, she do it hard enough to be able to write the car off.. there's a law in place for no talking/texting for a reason people! IT'S NOT SAFE!! STOP DOING IT! unfortunately it's one of those unenforceable laws, if the cop doesn't see them doing it then it must be all right to do it

  6. #36
    Smart Canuck idonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,113
    Likes Received
    425
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)



    people who do other things then drive.... like talk on phones or eat was behind a girl doing makeup wile driving. Seen somone reading wile driving once aswell. Also people who pull out in front of you cuz they cant wait another quarter of a second for you to pass.

  7. #37
    Smart Canuck idonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,113
    Likes Received
    425
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)



    also people who freak on there horn for no reason....ie i change lanes start to move in not even crossing the line yet and guy behind you starts freaking on his horn and speeding up as he dont want to let you in...then he followes you flashing his lights at you for a wile... ya crazy ppl like that should probably not be on the road. or this other time i was parking in front of my house and some person passing starts freeaking on the horn and giving a dirty look as he was passing as he thought i was pulling out... i mean look at what is actauly happening before freaking out.
    Last edited by idonovan; Sun, May 13th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
    abbasgirl likes this.

  8. #38
    Smart Canuck idonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,113
    Likes Received
    425
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)



    ohh and then there is my asshole neighbour who has a bunch of carsh like at least 5 and most of them hes got registered but just parked on the street. there is this car in front of my house that has not moved since last semptember. He cant even start it no mote as he tryied to the other day with a boost and could not!! hes got another truck blocking a stop singh parked far from the curb. Yet the city wont do nothing and i know multiple ppl complain! I left notes in his mailbox, notes been left on the truck,...

  9. #39
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sask
    Posts
    1,945
    Likes Received
    2438
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    my biggest peeve are the tards who still insist on texting/talking on the phone while driving.. stupid blonde woman was following me a couple of weeks ago and i could see her head bobbing up and down in between keystrokes.. nowhere for me to go as it was one lane each way, i was praying that if she hit me, she do it hard enough to be able to write the car off.. there's a law in place for no talking/texting for a reason people! IT'S NOT SAFE!! STOP DOING IT! unfortunately it's one of those unenforceable laws, if the cop doesn't see them doing it then it must be all right to do it
    GoJays,

    Funny you should mention this (bugs me too, btw). My husband was listening to a radio program a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned that the cops in one city were targeting people who text while stopped at lights. They had someone dressed as either a vagrant or a "waver" advertising something, and as soon as they saw the driver looking down, they leaned over to check...bam-o...they were dinged for a ticket further down the road by the cops. Super sneaky...we actually had to warn our daughter about this because, although she would never think to talk while in the car, most teenagers think texting doesn't count...

    We have a few red light cameras in our city and you can get a ticket if you roll through the red lights when turning right. Ideally, if people followed the rules of the road and aimed for basic courtesy, we can lower the amount of "policing" that goes on...I'm not a big fan of having excessive traffic cops and cameras, but it might be the way of the future if people keep driving like maniacs.
    GoJays, xox2010 and wolfwoman like this.

  10. #40
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    84,315
    Likes Received
    37056
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    GoJays,

    Funny you should mention this (bugs me too, btw). My husband was listening to a radio program a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned that the cops in one city were targeting people who text while stopped at lights. They had someone dressed as either a vagrant or a "waver" advertising something, and as soon as they saw the driver looking down, they leaned over to check...bam-o...they were dinged for a ticket further down the road by the cops. Super sneaky...we actually had to warn our daughter about this because, although she would never think to talk while in the car, most teenagers think texting doesn't count...

    We have a few red light cameras in our city and you can get a ticket if you roll through the red lights when turning right. Ideally, if people followed the rules of the road and aimed for basic courtesy, we can lower the amount of "policing" that goes on...I'm not a big fan of having excessive traffic cops and cameras, but it might be the way of the future if people keep driving like maniacs.
    love this!!

  11. #41
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,752
    Likes Received
    1117
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Sorry but the left lane IS for passing, even if you're following the speed limit, you're supposed to stick to the right whenever possible and leave the left lane available for passing. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...ion2.9.2.shtml

    I saw an example of this last summer driving from Miramichi to Moncton, the left lane was clear the ENTIRE WAY !! Driving heaven... something you'll probably never see in QC

    I have to admit though, guilty as charged on the rolling stops .... as long as you respect the "who got there first rule"... why are people annoyed by this ? Please don't flame, I'm really just curious to know (beyond a mere "it's the law")

    If i am using the left lane to pass people at a steady speed of 120 -130 i have as much right to use the passing lane and not be forced off it by some fool who thinks tail gating will move me over. They actually may get another surprise from me
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sun, May 13th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    abbasgirl and Gazpache like this.

  12. #42
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,752
    Likes Received
    1117
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    GoJays,

    Funny you should mention this (bugs me too, btw). My husband was listening to a radio program a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned that the cops in one city were targeting people who text while stopped at lights. They had someone dressed as either a vagrant or a "waver" advertising something, and as soon as they saw the driver looking down, they leaned over to check...bam-o...they were dinged for a ticket further down the road by the cops. Super sneaky...we actually had to warn our daughter about this because, although she would never think to talk while in the car, most teenagers think texting doesn't count...

    We have a few red light cameras in our city and you can get a ticket if you roll through the red lights when turning right. Ideally, if people followed the rules of the road and aimed for basic courtesy, we can lower the amount of "policing" that goes on...I'm not a big fan of having excessive traffic cops and cameras, but it might be the way of the future if people keep driving like maniacs.
    On Highway 10 south of orangeville when heading to the gta we once say cops in the bushes with radars at the bottom of a hill(very difficult to see em) just over the hill must have been close to 5 cop cars ready to jump after speeders with a couple already ticketing people further down. They are definitely getting sneaky
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sun, May 13th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

  13. #43
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    This side of crazy
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,242
    Likes Received
    2211
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    How about this one for stupidly bad. I live on a side road just off a highway that is posted 80km. I have to turn left if I am coming from the city, so I have to slow down and signal and wait for oncoming traffic when it's busy. Well one idiot decided I should have pulled out in front of the oncoming traffic to turn onto my road so once the traffic cleared, I start turning left and the jacka$$ behind me decided he was going to pass me...get this...ON THE LEFT! Some people just get all the stupid in their genes seriously!
    Another is the jacka$$ in some big pick up truck with monster truck wheels that will have their high beams on full blast at night and they are elevated enough that they light up the interior of the car like it's day light. I have encountered those idiots a few times coming home at night. They will tailgate you with high beams full blast and blind me. I slow down really slow so they start honking their horn like mad and eventually pass me. Seriously do they expect me to speed up and go faster when I am being blinded and can't see???
    My last one for the day is idiots who think it's cool to pass then get stuck in the turning lane and will just plow through the intersection cutting you off anyway because they are too impatient to wait behind you, or turn when their lane runs out! I'm sure they are not out of towners and know the lane is a turning lane but they don't care.

    Oh and this one happened one night when we were coming home on the 401. There was bumper to bumper traffic and we got stuck in the left lane with no opening in the right lane. Some idiot behind us decided we weren't going fast enough and started flashing high beams like mad completely blinding us every few seconds. It wasn't like we could just move over or anything geesh! There was too much traffic, besides we weren't moving past a crawl anyway so idk where they thought they could move any faster if we got out of the way...

    Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

  14. #44
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,752
    Likes Received
    1117
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    How about this one for stupidly bad. I live on a side road just off a highway that is posted 80km. I have to turn left if I am coming from the city, so I have to slow down and signal and wait for oncoming traffic when it's busy. Well one idiot decided I should have pulled out in front of the oncoming traffic to turn onto my road so once the traffic cleared, I start turning left and the jacka$$ behind me decided he was going to pass me...get this...ON THE LEFT! Some people just get all the stupid in their genes seriously!
    Another is the jacka$$ in some big pick up truck with monster truck wheels that will have their high beams on full blast at night and they are elevated enough that they light up the interior of the car like it's day light. I have encountered those idiots a few times coming home at night. They will tailgate you with high beams full blast and blind me. I slow down really slow so they start honking their horn like mad and eventually pass me. Seriously do they expect me to speed up and go faster when I am being blinded and can't see???
    My last one for the day is idiots who think it's cool to pass then get stuck in the turning lane and will just plow through the intersection cutting you off anyway because they are too impatient to wait behind you, or turn when their lane runs out! I'm sure they are not out of towners and know the lane is a turning lane but they don't care.

    Oh and this one happened one night when we were coming home on the 401. There was bumper to bumper traffic and we got stuck in the left lane with no opening in the right lane. Some idiot behind us decided we weren't going fast enough and started flashing high beams like mad completely blinding us every few seconds. It wasn't like we could just move over or anything geesh! There was too much traffic, besides we weren't moving past a crawl anyway so idk where they thought they could move any faster if we got out of the way...
    You know the saying "can't fix Stu.." some people are always trying to rush... sometimes never to get there or only mere minutes faster

  15. #45
    Senior Canuck Speckled28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    879
    Likes Received
    370
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    my biggest peeve are the tards who still insist on texting/talking on the phone while driving.. stupid blonde woman was following me a couple of weeks ago and i could see her head bobbing up and down in between keystrokes.. nowhere for me to go as it was one lane each way, i was praying that if she hit me, she do it hard enough to be able to write the car off.. there's a law in place for no talking/texting for a reason people! IT'S NOT SAFE!! STOP DOING IT! unfortunately it's one of those unenforceable laws, if the cop doesn't see them doing it then it must be all right to do it
    Last fall I was coming back from Toronto with my boyfriend....on a freeway....and an ambulance happened to pull up beside us....and the driver was texting!!!! (and very obviously texting). My jaw hit the floor. Our lane ended up moving much faster than his and we got too far ahead of him, otherwise I would have written the plate number down and found someone to report it to. It's just scary to see people drive and text.....but to see our emergency workers doing it. I was shocked!
    GoJays likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •