User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Please post your stories, pictures and videos showing how smart animals really are.

Here is a video of a crow roof tubing.

How to add YouTube to your post: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/163388-...d-post-canada/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by BC Gal; Wed, Jan 18th, 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Cool Idea. My dog is insanely smart. I came home and we were happy to see each other. He went out on the deck to see my son. I went in and had seen he got into the garbage. Never used a different tone, words, nothing. I acted happy to talk to him but he knew I saw it. Wouldn't come in. lol He knew he was busted. Too funny, just like a little kid.
    START THE CAR....START THE CAR!!!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

When I was a little girl, I had a budgie. Whenever I was sick & would lie on the couch, he would snuggle against my side. He always knew exactly what I needed.

Lily dog has a higher IQ than I could hope for. A few years back, I had issues with my eyesight (I lost vision in my right eye, then had to have surgery to try to save it). My perspective was completely skewed & walking on uneven ground was a challenge to say the least. Lily decided to become a guide dog & led me around obstacles, made sure I was safe on stairs & took good care of me. She's also a one-dog cat rescue (she seems to know how to speak "cat" & has a way of convincing strays & ferals to trust her). Thanks to her there are 14 fewer cats on the mean alleys of my neighbourhood.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I love the crow video! I never cease to be amazed at the intelligence of animals.

Andit, that's such a lovely story about how Lily decided to be a self-appointed guide dog! I think it's amazing how deep our pets' concern and affection for us goes sometimes I had a super bad divorce/breakup about seven years ago now that caused me to have a lot of problems sleeping. One of my cats (Sherry) would lay beside me in bed and purr constantly until I fell asleep; I didn't necessarily pet her or anything, she just snuggled up to me and kept purring. She's normally a bit aloof, but it was as if she understood that I was hurting and wanted to help in some way.

Of my two cats I have one who is really bright (Sherry), and the other who was *ahem* from the shallower end of the gene pool when it comes to brains. Sherry can open drawers and cupboard doors (this is really super annoying at times!), pick up things with her paws, carry her toys from room to room when she wants to play with them somewhere else and understands a bunch of basic commands (e.g., she complies when I ask her to "go sit down in the kitchen and wait for me" when she's underfoot). She's also an awesome little bug hunter who can catch and eat flies right out of the air... I love this about her in the summer - no need for a flyswatter at my house!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Great stories! It's interesting how animals are so in tune with our emotions.

Here is a cat that plays fetch:

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

At my vet office, they have a clinic cat and he plays fetch too! He also has 2 extra toes on his front feet, so he's really good at picking up toys and treats...it's hilarious!!

My dog will lay on the rug in the living room and if there is a pillow on the floor, he will use it to lay his head on it When people come over they think it's hilarious! I think he may even knock the pillows on the floor when noone is in the room because I swear I pick pillows up. We tried getting him his own pillow but he wouldn't use it, he wanted the ones on the couch!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

We have had our lil guy for 6 months (he is 9months old) and he so smart. When I say "where is daddy" he goes to the shoe closet to see if my BF's shoes are there and if they are he goes looking for him, if there not he will come sit beside me and look at me like "mom you crazy, daddy is not home!" haha
    At night when I say bedtime, he goes up on the couch and cuddles up with his fav toy (he sleeps on the couch).
    When I had my wisdom teeth out last week, he knew I wasn't feeling good and layed with me in bed - he wouldn't touch my face, and he loves touching, kissing my face usually...he would just lay his head on my arm and look at me it was so cute.

Sometimes I cover my face and pretend to cry and he runs over and tries to move my hands and starts licking my eyes lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well...our Jenny is smart too!
    She had her ears perked up (as much as long dangle ears can be perked up), and I said, "That's Daddy. He's outside."..so away she waddles, to the front window and hoists herself up to look outside for Daddy, who was snow-blowing...
    When I say, "No, Jenny, it's not play-time, it's nighty-night time, she stands at our bedroom door until I get there and climb into bed. Only then she really believes me, and climbs into her own bed. Until about 1:30, at which time I sense two paws on the edge of my bed and big brown eyes saying, "hoist me up, Mum, it's time to snuggle!"...which of course I do. And we do. And with a couple of kisses on my arm, which is tucked under my pillow, she puts her head on it as a pillow, heaves a big sigh, and is out like a light! Who needs antidepressants or sleeping pills when listening to a little pooch sleeping and breathing so quietly?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I sure hope this thread stays going, I loved all the posts so far. Could not believe that crow! I mean if you teach an animal a trick that is one thing, but a wild bird doing that? Very smart and entertaining too.
    All I know is with my dogs ( and they are not really smart or do tricks ) BUT, if I am upstairs and even just " think " the thought of " gee maybe I will take the boys out for a walk " Again no words spoken aloud, yet the 2 of them come to the stairs and start doing the wiggle bum dance, like they read my thoughts!
    Also if Rufus goes out back for a tinkle or other in the very bad weather, he HAS to take one of his toys every single time! When I open the door he will not go out, but runs back into the living room searching for just the one he wants. Takes it out, drops it wherever then when he is finished his business, he leaves the dang toy out there, so before we close thew door we say " go get your toy" and he actually trots right to that toy to bring it in. Too funny?? Or too smart?? lol

btw the other pooch, ya he is our special guy, not smart, actually lacking common sense, ( if dogs have that) but he is soooo affectionate all the time, so

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I question my shepherds intelligence. LOL I have a heavy duty sliding door that alot of people cant figure out, but she can open it and get out. I video taped her one night to see how she was doing it. Funniest thing ever. I woke up a few times because the house was sooo cold with the door wide open. She takes her inside squeakies to play with outside, then is back in her bed by morning. We had to make an extra latch, and put an alarm on the door.
    If I tell her to get something out of a peticular room, she will go there, and knows tons of words, like back up, or look in your bowl, so smart that way, but when she goes for a walk, she has fallen off the sidewalk, tripped on her face in the mud, and ran into trees on several occasions. She will get up, and lift one paw looking for a bit of sympathy, then she is miraculously all better. LOL
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Here's a video of short clips showing more smart animals:

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

My cat seems to think she is part dog lol She plays fetch,knows how to sit, shake her paw and high five!! She can also open lots of closed doors. Her sneakiest trick was learning that when we're in bed she can go in the kitchen and find leftovers knowing full well she wouldn't get busted.

She also brings up toys in her mouth and drops them at my feet while i am working.It is impossible not to smile even when stressed.
    Last edited by SarahS83; Fri, Jan 20th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Here is funny video; the dog seems smart, and his owner is pretty clever

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh bcgal, I have watched that dog tease video so many times, and I still laugh! It is really done in such a comical way.

I know this story is over 3 yrs old, and after that story ran the sanctuary had movie offers flooding in like crazy.

Enjoy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just read that Bella died in October of 2011, I did not know that part. Her best friend Tara visits her grave, talk about amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information