User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My DH is lucky to be alive today Updated with pics

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Mydh and I were out yesterday morning for a nice breakfast and just touring around in our antique convertable as the weather was fabulous. Around 11am I got a call on my cell from the city police. My youngest dd was driving in my dh's brand new truck (he just bought it about 3 weeks ago). It seems some vehicle had a wheel bearing fall onto the road, so a big chuck of shapre black metal was sitting on the road. My dd didn't see it and as she drove over it (at about 80 klm per hour), the front tire blew out and sent the truck flying into 2 other vehicles parked on the side of the road. The motor of the truck was shoved up into the cab. I thank the lord that the truck has airbags in the sterring wheel, the dashboard, the seats, the sides and under the dash. The officer said the airbags saved my dd's life. We are going to the impound lot this mornning to lean out the truck and I'm going to take some pictures of it. There were 2 witnesses to the entire accident, that called me already this morning to check on my dd. She has huge burns again on her neck and side from the seatbelt. I say again as some of you know that when she was 15 she was in a fatal car accident in which her bff was killed and she was thrown from the car even though she had a seatbelt on. The seatbelt torn as the car was sliding on it's roof down the highway and she was thrown from it. She has terrible scars from that belt and accident, now again on her neck from this one. I thank the lord she is alive today.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh Holly, I'm happy to hear that your daughter is alright, despite some scrapes and burns as they will heal. Sending her some get well vibes and you some keep calm vibes!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh My, she sure has angels watching over her and protecting her! So glad she is ok!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So glad she is okay! What an awful thing to happen!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

That sounds like quite an accident! Thankfully she is okay! How scary for her and you.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thank God your daughter is ok. What a horrible accident, I am glad for your family she was able to walk away from it.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I am so thankful that your daughter is ok. I cannot imagine how distressed you all are. It is a horrible thing when your children are involved in accidents. It almost wants to make you drive them everywhere all over again doesn't it, like somehow nothing bad could happen then. I shall think twice about wishing so much that my DS gets his full fledged licence in a month....almost hoe he doesn't pass after reading your post

Hugs and more hugs to your family and DD

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Holly!!!! Thank God your daughter was able to walk away from that horrific accident...she surely does have an angel with her, protecting her. I hope this doesn't bring back bad memories for her, since she's struggled so much after the death of her best friend. Give her lots of hugs and love from all of us here....I can't help but feel there's a lesson to be shared here with others, like her strength to overcome.....poor kid.....what an experience for you all....{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, too, Hon...
    gameprogirl likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Oh My Holly.. holy crap. SO glad your daughter is ok. but crap girl gonna stick her in a bubble. Hopefully hubbies truck can be fixed or replaced?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OMG Thank God she is ok, someone was looking out for her.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG. You're heart is probably still pounding! I am SO glad she is OK!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

oh wow...
    Very happy to hear that she was able to walk away safely, and no one was seriously injured.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry to hear of the accident. How frightening! Thank goodness your daughter made it out! Blessings to her and to you and your whole family as she heals, physically and emotionally!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I just got home about half hour ago. We had to go to the insurance company, and we went over to the impound lot to get my dd's glasses out of the truck. I'm still shaking. I can't believe that she walked out of that truck with the few injuries she has. I took some pics and will post a couple of the truck, but site won't let me download pic's for some reason right now. I told her that she is not a cat, and doessn't have 9 lives. She better become a pedestrian as her track record with vehicles is not to good. She is hurting more and more as the day goes on. She has burns on her face and legs from the airbags. A huge burn across her neck from the seatbelt, and is know finding it hard to move around. She had a nail shoved back into the skin on her one hand which had to be taken out by dr today as we couldn't get it out. I can't believe what is happening.

I'm very worried that this is going to start all those memories she has worked so hard to move on from, to come flooding back to her regarding her bff. Sometimes I have to wonder. They say God never gives us more that we can handle....well would somebody please tell God my shopping bag is full and going to spill over any day now

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I just got home about half hour ago. We had to go to the insurance company, and we went over to the impound lot to get my dd's glasses out of the truck. I'm still shaking. I can't believe that she walked out of that truck with the few injuries she has. I took some pics and will post a couple of the truck, but site won't let me download pic's for some reason right now. I told her that she is not a cat, and doessn't have 9 lives. She better become a pedestrian as her track record with vehicles is not to good. She is hurting more and more as the day goes on. She has burns on her face and legs from the airbags. A huge burn across her neck from the seatbelt, and is know finding it hard to move around. She had a nail shoved back into the skin on her one hand which had to be taken out by dr today as we couldn't get it out. I can't believe what is happening.

I'm very worried that this is going to start all those memories she has worked so hard to move on from, to come flooding back to her regarding her bff. Sometimes I have to wonder. They say God never gives us more that we can handle....well would somebody please tell God my shopping bag is full and going to spill over any day now

Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information