User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: I got someone fired, but I couldn't stand by and not say anything.....

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Well, I didn't think my one little comment would cause such an issue.
    Had I known that was an email you wrote to the hotel, I would have been understanding. However, in the context of things I did not know that and assumed you just wrote the race down for unnecessary reasons. I never use race to describe people who have done bad things - that man wasn't even the perpetrator, he was just a witness. That's just my opinion, we are all entitled to one.
    I didn't mind your comment about the "black man", as it was a valid question. I thought I answered why I did it to everyone's satisfaction.
    It was the nitpickers who commented after that who frustrated me with their unnecessary comments.

Have a great day!
    Lynn49, GoJays and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    I didn't mind your comment about the "black man", as it was a valid question. I thought I answered why I did it to everyone's satisfaction.
    It was the nitpickers who commented after that who frustrated me with their unnecessary comments.

Have a great day!
    It's happened to most of us at one time or another, Hon...some people just want to make others feel miserable...just ignore comments like that... most of us KNOW what you meant and that your comments weren't meant to disparage anyone's race...
    Jezebel, Natalka, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    You totally did the right thing! I'm short as well, and can just imagine how badly I'd be freaked too!

And, to those who are getting your panties in a bunch about "black"... Really? African-American is the PC way of saying it, so please, get over yourselves and stop nitpicking. Goodness gracious! I guess she really had to focus to see if he has green eyes or one full eyebrow or two and tell us too right? *sigh*
    African American is politically correct in the United States of America!! this is CANADA .... that term does NOT apply here.
    Describing a person as "black" would suffice....... nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by frugal50; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    African American is politically correct in the United States of America!! this is CANADA .... that term does NOT apply here.
    Why do you keep harping on that?
    Canada is in North AMERICA so I think African American is fine.
    Maybe Black is fine too.
    But your obsession with the term is way out of whack.
    Maybe you should just get over it and get on with your life.
    Last edited by travel-mum; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    anisa, GoJays and DaveP like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good for you! I would have not gotten him fired, but if it was me, I probably would have hurt him lol. You did the right thing. I am sorry you went through that, but at least other people will not have to go through what you went through. you did the right thing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why do you keep harping on that?
    Canada is in North AMERICA so I think African American is fine.
    Maybe Black is fine too.
    But your obsession with the term is way out of whack.
    Maybe you should just get over it and get on with your life.
    they are NOT Americans!!! what are you going to refer Asians in Canada?? Asian- American, Indian-American, Russian- American ........ just call them " black" it's not offensive, but you referring blacks in Canada as "Americans" is not politically correct or proper.

Call blacks in Canada " African Canadian" since you're so anal about being "politically correct".
    Last edited by frugal50; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Have a great day!
    You too

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

they are NOT Americans!!! what are you going to refer Asians in Canada?? Asian- American, Indian-American, Russian- American ........ just call them " black" it's not offensive, but you referring blacks in Canada as "Americans" is not politically correct or proper.

Call blacks in Canada " African Canadian" since you're so anal about being "politically correct".
    What the frig does it matter? African-American, even if inaccurate, isn't offensive. Call me an Irish-American instead of an Irish-Canadian and i'll not be offended. Jebus. Do people seek out things to be offended by?
    Last edited by DaveP; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    anisa, AmberLab, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

OK I GIVE UP!

Those of you who are obsessed with the racist thing can hash it out amongst yourselves.

That is NOT what I meant this thread to be.

I'll be getting on with MY life now.

I have better things to do.
    Lynn49, DaveP and Snow Queen like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Really, I think you completely missed the point of the topic at hand.

As some would say, "THE LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODIES HOME!!"
    kparker1786 likes this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LOL!!! Not to belabour the point, but even blacks in the US are debating that: are they all African-American, or is that term only referring to descendants of African slaves? And are recent immigrants from Africa, then: Americans of African Descent?!
    Sheesh!!
    frugal50 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think you did the right thing about complaining.. that man is the first person people see for the hotel he represents the hotel and no hotel wants their guests being treated in such a horrible fashion!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    LOL!!! Not to belabour the point, but even blacks in the US are debating that: are they all African-American, or is that term only referring to descendants of African slaves? And are recent immigrants from Africa, then: Americans of African Descent?!
    Sheesh!!
    .......... I know eh? I read that blacks don't want to be associated with " Africa" so it's best to just say " black- American"
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Reporting him was the right thing to do. You shouldn't feel bad about what decisions management took regarding his behavior. They have their own policies and procedures. If this wasn't his first complaint he likely got spoken too already and warned. Him getting fired is not your fault-It's his.
    Natalka and DaveP like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Please stop the attacking each other ...it has been determined the witness was black.....the witness really has nothing to do with how the shuttle driver treated OP please move on already.....I am not the first or 2nd mod to ask this....
    AmberLab and DaveP like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information