User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 204
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Bill C-78 "emergency" legislation

  1. #151
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,861
    Likes Received
    21140
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    It's sad when i read stuff like this. The good protesters that are fighting tooth and nails for a cause they beleive in are getting swallowed by all the bad apples. It's only gonna make the public more ticked-off and put them all in the same bag.

    I don't think the public can get more ticked off but then again they haven't pulled anything at any of the festivals yet. That will be the real test of the publics patience.

  2. #152
    Canadian Guru DaveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape Breton
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,272
    Likes Received
    11486
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    swell
    They aren't exactly masters of P.R., are they?
    Patty Smyth likes this.

  3. #153
    Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    141
    Likes Received
    112
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Let me put it this way. Put yourselves in the shoes of a student who went to a college/university in Montreal because it's lighter on their wallets, and in the middle of their studies, the government tells them "If you want to come back and finish your degree/diploma/whatever, you have to pay more and then you can finish school". How pissed would you be? Honestly?

  4. #154
    Senior Canuck Kalmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In a house!
    Posts
    893
    Likes Received
    706
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Let me put it this way. Put yourselves in the shoes of a student who went to a college/university in Montreal because it's lighter on their wallets, and in the middle of their studies, the government tells them "If you want to come back and finish your degree/diploma/whatever, you have to pay more and then you can finish school". How pissed would you be? Honestly?
    Obviously i would be pissed but isnt that part of life? i mean, many examples can be given about paying for something and next thing you know it increases... it doesnt make it ok to smash things and go all bunkers. Like mentioned.. i do understand up to a point just not how extreme this is turning out to be... heck food is going up like crazy.. and we do need food to survive.. just look at the gas rate... it's going to come to a point i'm gonna have to ride a darn donkey...lol!!!!
    anisa, lecale, erin9mmm and 1 others like this.

  5. #155
    Junior Canuck saradouce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Age
    29
    Posts
    594
    Likes Received
    14
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)



    Et combien de Québecois sont contre? Parles-en à St-Lambert?

    Combien de groupe écologique sont contres?

    Sais-tu combien on (collectivement) investie pour 90 millions?

    La franchise coûte 15 millions.

    Donc officiellement, on ne fait que 75 millions. On rampe devant des dirigeants pour un Grand Prix qui est à la limite du rentable. C'est annoncé partout.

    Et sais-tu c'est quoi le pire? C'est que la plupart de ça est en taxes et que c'est taxes proviennent des dépenses des Canadiens et Québecois qui se rendent à Montréal pour la journée. Il n'y pas beaucoup d'argent neuf qui est créé.

  6. #156
    Junior Canuck saradouce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Age
    29
    Posts
    594
    Likes Received
    14
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)



    Of course, everything goes up, but your grocery man (how do you call the owner of a grocery store?) does not laugh at you when the milk goes up by 75%...

    Because this is what governement's doing by not responding and discussing with students. They were elected to represent all of the citizens. Even if a part of the population is on their side, it doesn't mean they can just forget about all a generation!

  7. #157
    Smart Canuck K8's Fate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Penetanguishene, ON
    Posts
    2,672
    Likes Received
    4131
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Let me put it this way. Put yourselves in the shoes of a student who went to a college/university in Montreal because it's lighter on their wallets, and in the middle of their studies, the government tells them "If you want to come back and finish your degree/diploma/whatever, you have to pay more and then you can finish school". How pissed would you be? Honestly?
    My tuition went up consistently for all three of my university degrees. The cost of an education does go up with the cost of living (like all other things).
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate
    ...
    .....

  8. #158
    Junior Canuck saradouce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Age
    29
    Posts
    594
    Likes Received
    14
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)



    It's sad... I feel like they are screwing the whole thing for all of us.

  9. #159
    Canadian Guru DaveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape Breton
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,272
    Likes Received
    11486
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Let me put it this way. Put yourselves in the shoes of a student who went to a college/university in Montreal because it's lighter on their wallets, and in the middle of their studies, the government tells them "If you want to come back and finish your degree/diploma/whatever, you have to pay more and then you can finish school". How pissed would you be? Honestly?
    I guess they can choose to transfer to somewhere where it's cheaper. Wait, where would that be?
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

  10. #160
    Smart Canuck K8's Fate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Penetanguishene, ON
    Posts
    2,672
    Likes Received
    4131
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I guess they can choose to transfer to somewhere where it's cheaper. Wait, where would that be?
    Yup, with an increase of $325 for five years, the Quebec tuition fees for 2016-2017 will still be lower than those paid by seven Canadian provinces in 2009-2010.
    anisa, Psychojo213, lecale and 1 others like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate
    ...
    .....

  11. #161
    Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    141
    Likes Received
    112
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I guess they can choose to transfer to somewhere where it's cheaper. Wait, where would that be?
    Exactly my point. Some of the students can't get loans, so it's coming out of their own pockets. OR if they CAN get loans, it's still going to come out of their pockets when they finish! I'm a Child and Youth Worker, I work as an Educational Assistant. While I love my job, I would love to further my education, but I cannot because I'm too much in Debt because of the cost of tuition. And people wonder why our country is in debt! Because cost of living is high (as it's been said) AND government keeps raising tuition! No one wants to live here, pay taxes and get an education here! DUH!

    All in all, these poor students are being walked all over by the government and those who could care less about their rights.

  12. #162
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    This side of crazy
    Age
    30
    Posts
    19,242
    Likes Received
    2211
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    That's how I feel. There is nothing wrong with peacefully protesting, but then you get the idiots that think protest means riot and cause destruction and then it all goes south.

    *edit* I lost my quote for some reason???
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Kalmel and kparker1786 like this.

    Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

  13. #163
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    This side of crazy
    Age
    30
    Posts
    19,242
    Likes Received
    2211
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    It's sad when i read stuff like this. The good protesters that are fighting tooth and nails for a cause they beleive in are getting swallowed by all the bad apples. It's only gonna make the public more ticked-off and put them all in the same bag.
    This is what I was trying to quote when I commented above...
    kparker1786 likes this.

    Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

  14. #164
    Awake. TaraF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,034
    Likes Received
    3672
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Interesting comments coming from people who advocate free speech.
    I most definitely advocate free speech which is why I have not once in this thread or any other for that fact, told anyone to shut up, not post anything, or keep their opinions to themselves, even when a fellow poster in this thread felt they had the right to tell me to leave because they didn't like my own Point of view. I simply stated that this thread has veered completely off track from the OP and that is why I won't be posting here anymore.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Peace to all
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
    kparker1786 likes this.

  15. #165
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,896
    Likes Received
    15224
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arielmac View Post




    Again, that brings me back to them crying for freedom of speech... what about the other's freedom and freedom of speech? Protesters don't care about it, they are the only ones that are 100% right and they own the street, city, schools etc... Life is all about them while they call the "other" side individualists, self-centered and egoistical...
    In general, your right to Free Speech ends at my ears....

    I have the right to ignore you regardless of how good (general) your agruement is..

    I hvae the right to carry on my business regardless of what(g) you say

    I have the right to go about and not be bullied by (g) you..

    I have the right to challenge your "free speech" with mine
    Patty Smyth likes this.


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •