User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: I'm a bit stressed.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whew! Okay. So.....that's all good news, right?
    I really didn't like the part about those headaches being "the new normal" for you...how severe are they, Tara...are they incapacitating, like migranes?
    But you're relieved, Sweetheart, so we are, too!!!!!
    I'd say "have a nice drink", but we all know what happened the last time you did that...m-hm...

So relax and look forward to the next 7 months with NO doctors, no hospitals and no medical appointments!!!!
    SUCH good news, Tara!!!!! Our prayers, good wishes and good thoughts were answered!!
    TaraF likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Yes Lynn yes it's good news! I'm obviously happy that things are laying low and very happy with some of the clarification I got today. Also it's good to know that it was a Sinus infection that caused all of my recent problems but those are simply intensified because of where the tumours located. Makes sense when they take the time to explain it all lol And um yeah, no drinky for me haha.

I wish I could rest for 7 months with none of that but sadly I have many Drs to visit during that time lol Just no MRI's or Oncologists. Even if they are hot

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

*Face Palm* geez Lynn I didn't realize until now that I didn't answer your question about the headaches. lol They change day to day. I can have normal days where things are perfect, no headache, perfect balance, etc. I can have days with a slight headache, and I can have days where the pressure is so bad that my head throbs right along my incision line and it feels like there is something heavy sitting directly on my right eye. The thing is the headaches I get are pressure headaches so it literally feels like my head is going to explode or my eye is going to pop out of it's socket. If the barometric pressure is really high or really low it's bad but loud noise around me doesn't bother me, it's just the pressure. Like right as I type this my right eye feels huge because of the pressure, but as my Oncologist said, "It's the New normal". Now I just have to adjust and find what works to make it less uncomfortable.
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Oh ladies you're just great ((Hugs)) First things first and most importantly, there has been no regrowth and both Brain and Sinus MRI were clear! But my uber hot Oncologist (hey it never hurts when your Dr's gorgeous!) took the time to explain things in great detail with me that I've only got the clinical terms and explanations of before. So it breaks down like this: I still have tumour left in my brain because the surgeon couldn't get it all without compromising function, BUT the tumour that remains is currently dormant!

He said he can't give me any percentages and/or probabilities of regrowth because with the type of brain tumour I have, Oligoastrocytoma, and the Grade (2) it's unpredictable and could regrow tomorrow, 10 years from now or never. BUT it's why I have a Radiology team to discuss probabilities because that would be the first thing we'd do. As for the swelling and inflammation he said that while I do have some it's remaining stable because I've had it since my surgery. No fancy steroids for me but rather just an OTC Anti Inflammatory like Advil, gonna need to start trading coupons for some!

He said the pressure headaches unfortunately are the "new normal" for me due to where the tumour was extracted from (right beside the sinus cavity) which also explains why the BPV I was diagnosed with hit me harder than it would someone without a hole in their brain. lol All in all it was a great and informative visit and my next MRI won't be until Dec!

Thank you ALL for your support, truly means the world to me.
    That's all so good - except for what you are left to deal with.... hoping you can find some relief.
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee - Sheryl Crow diagnosed with brain tumour, different than yours

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...FQNV_blog.html

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gee - Sheryl Crow diagnosed with brain tumour, different than yours

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...FQNV_blog.html

Oh Gosh I wish her the best. I'm wondering if it was Primary or Secondary to her breast cancer? Hopefully it's primary because with brain cancer you have a better chance of survival if it is. And although the article says it's benign, those nastys can take a malignant turn at any point.

And thank you Natalka, hoping Advil has super powers
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm so happy, I could dance...

TaraF likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm also very relieved for you. Now, to get you feeling better my dear..... I will still have you in my thought and prayers daily.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/XYNhpqgb50rC3sQRpL8bdjSDCifVsckktVYuHqf15fup8oMrwG fnO*hAhz1Jt2e5QbefjukiSVFPYel9LlDWLINBvBjtekMA/praying4you.jpg[/IMG]
    TaraF likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Tarra I haven't been on SC as regularly as I should be and missed a lot of what's been happening with you. Firstly I am so happy that the recent results of your test were negative. Secondly we will continue to keep you in our prayers and Thirdly we are so glad to be your friends on Facebook. (hugs)
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Natalka, yes it's good news and I need to keep telling myself, "if this is ALL that's wrong with me, I'm lucky".

Oh Holly I will dance along with you! I think the 800mg of Advil might be working lol

Judstir, thank you, and I have wondered where you've been lately. The nicer weather comes and everyone seems to go out to play. Can't say I blame em

I received notification in the mail today that my next MRI is Dec 3 with a followup with my Oncologist within 7 days after, so I can at least enjoy the summer and fall without needing to deal with that. And since these Advils seem to be helping some, this summer may be a bearable one!
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi Tara! So glad to hear your good news. Also glad that Advil seems to help you. I get major migraines and the only thing that helps me is Excedrine Migraine which up until now is only available in the States. It has acetaminaphen and aspirin and caffeine. It works like a dream! After years of curling up in a ball with the covers over my head for a couple of days!
    Enjoy this lovely summer, indeed! All the best to you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information