User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 200
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Protest talk - thread

  1. #61
    Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The land of Cats
    Posts
    7,524
    Likes Received
    2160
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    From what I understand is that the gouv is getting money from us workers for students but then students have to pay their school as well… its like paying something twice! I think we are all talking about this civilly and we don’t need to all have the same opinion, no judgment from me


    Well after listening to weeks of facts and statements I’m leaning on the make some noise with the pots and pans side! I really did my homework here and I’m in no way an extremist but I do not support the special law nor do I think its right to pay education twice. I think something should be done about this in the next election and I am against violence and late night protests. Everyone that knows me is shocked because I started off against the protests!


    Also one last thing I know we had to pay our school ect (this is what is said most often on radio, news ect) but really if that is a valid point then we should stop going to hospitals (because they didn’t do that back in the day) and we should remove 7$ daycares because back in the day we $$ much more then that. Well thats my oppinion anyways..

  2. #62
    . DH666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,061
    Likes Received
    419
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    I actually believe that we are paying for people that go to hospitals for nothing. Some use hospitals like clinics, which we all end up paying for, but that's a different story. I still believe that the increases for this are justofied, but I do agree with the students about setting up some comittee to find out where money can be saved. That makes sense. I agree with the protest law because it sets fines for those who commit illegal acts. The right to protest is still there, but there are now rules as to how you do it.
    AnnieP, xox2010 and pudi like this.

  3. #63
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,896
    Likes Received
    15228
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    By the way there are fees for elementary and high school also. Between fees, books and uniforms last year I paid about $1K each roughly so nothing is free.
    I pay over $1k a month for 3 kids in private schools. Uniforms, supplies nad books on top of that.

    I'm thinking of sending straight to uni as sounds like it's much chaper.
    DH666 likes this.


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

  4. #64
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the verge of indecision
    Posts
    13,896
    Likes Received
    15228
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    Students in Europe either don't pay anything for university tuition or in the few countries that do have fees, they don't amount to much more than $1500 CAN per year
    Britain's fees are currently £3,375 per year for 2011-12. That's $5426 Cnd....

    Here's a website
    which shows the costs in most EU countires


    Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

  5. #65
    Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The land of Cats
    Posts
    7,524
    Likes Received
    2160
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    He seems pissed off!!

    quebecqueen and Tbites like this.

  6. #66
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21189
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Ok some points this guy is trying to make.

    Migrant workers - he is against bringing in mexicans to pick the crops because it's taking away jobs from young people

    FACT!!! Go ask ANY QUEBEC farmer and they will tell you Quebecers WILL NOT do these jobs point finale.

    Ah Yes picking on the anglos and McGill University - frankly I am done with anglo bashing - f.u. They have been trying to destroy McGill forever, keep trying, good luck

    Asti j'ai honte - yeah really I am just like this arsehole, except I am "honte" of attitudes like his. GROW UP whoever you are(who is this guy anyways?)

    ....and the best of all , when your argument has no legs to stand on pick on the RICH RIGHT WING
    pudi likes this.

  7. #67
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21189
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I pay over $1k a month for 3 kids in private schools. Uniforms, supplies nad books on top of that.

    I'm thinking of sending straight to uni as sounds like it's much chaper.

    Mine are in public school, so much for "free" school eh? Fees are going up every year. Darth I am sure you are rolling in it and have to make absolutely no sacrifices right?

  8. #68
    Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The land of Cats
    Posts
    7,524
    Likes Received
    2160
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    I like this picture what the media doesn't show.

    Name:  slide_228382_1015557_free.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  29.8 KB
    quebecqueen likes this.

  9. #69
    one jar at the time 2010ontest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    north shore Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    4,182
    Likes Received
    762
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    FACT!!! Go ask ANY QUEBEC farmer and they will tell you Quebecers WILL NOT do these jobs point finale.
    TK les Québécois se poussent pas aux portes pour se genre de job. C'est un fait.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

  10. #70
    Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The land of Cats
    Posts
    7,524
    Likes Received
    2160
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    There is word going around about the gouv banning immigrants coming here to do seasonal jobs that according to them Quebecois are capable of! It was on the politics radio station I listen to in the morning but not all the facts were talked about. Anyone else know about this??

  11. #71
    Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The land of Cats
    Posts
    7,524
    Likes Received
    2160
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    urg I hate when the picture comes out humongo like that..

  12. #72
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21189
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    There is word going around about the gouv banning immigrants coming here to do seasonal jobs that according to them Quebecois are capable of! It was on the politics radio station I listen to in the morning but not all the facts were talked about. Anyone else know about this??

    Yes there may be new regulations, it was on CBC this afternoon, the government wants to limit the migrant workerscoming in. There are about 300,000 mostly from Mexico and the Islands that come in for a 4 year period limit. They want to reduce the wages they are paid. 9 provinces currently hire these workers because the locals will not do the hard labor it requires.
    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=2238706779

    Here is the clip.

  13. #73
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21189
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    TK les Québécois se poussent pas aux portes pour se genre de job. C'est un fait.
    Qu'est que c'est this "TK" you speak of?
    2010ontest likes this.

  14. #74
    one jar at the time 2010ontest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    north shore Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    4,182
    Likes Received
    762
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)



    tk = en tout cas = in any case
    Patty Smyth and AnnieP like this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

  15. #75
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21189
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Can't wait to read this


    quebecqueen likes this.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •