User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Thank you all for being such a wonderful group of people!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I've been involved in several debates here, and some of us disagree with each other (strongly) when it comes to issues like abortion, politics, religion etc. But always the same folks who disagree on one issue don't carry it over to any other thread. Everyone still supports each other through our trials, offers advice where needed, and are just generally there for each other in a loving way.

What an amazing bunch of people! I don`t know if it`s because we`re Canadians, or SCers, or what. But I`ve never had the good fortune to be part of a community of such caring people online. Thank you all, for being who you are.

((hugs))
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

No debates..i prefer to say a difference of opinion...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I think the people on smartcanucks are the best! People treat each other well and there is no tolerance for rudeness or meanness... Other deal/freebie boards have a different feel and so I've chosen this forum / blog as the only one I read and contribute to. Keep sharing and posting random acts of kindness!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

oh dave.. it's because we all secretly support mr. harper and you are our leader
    Jezebel, Natalka, aussie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

oh dave, you make us blush...
    DaveP likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw, shucks...{{{{kicks sand}}}}....but you're absolutely right...we may have our differences of opinions, but one thing is for sure: we're here for each other when called upon, for whatever reason.
    And DAAAVE...make no mistake: you play an important role in the positive vibrations on this site...(oh, great, I'm going to go to sleep singing "Good Vibrations".)....your contributions here mean a great deal to us and the joint wouldn't be the same without you.
    However! I do not regard you as my Leader under Harper...which would be weird...actually...
    I regard you as my very Dear Friend...

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's debating intelligently and there's being rude and obnoxious. I think the majority of SCers are genuine open minded intelligent people including, well. . .you . .Dave. Lol!!
    I look forward to your humourous sharp and sassy wit. But you're quite right. Everyone is very supportive and genuinely like to help one another. . . .now if we could only get the rest of the world on board!!!
    gameprogirl, Lynn49, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    There's debating intelligently and there's being rude and obnoxious. I think the majority of SCers are genuine open minded intelligent people including, well. . .you . .Dave. Lol!!
    I look forward to your humourous sharp and sassy wit. But you're quite right. Everyone is very supportive and genuinely like to help one another. . . .now if we could only get the rest of the world on board!!!
    I am not sharing my seat!
    gameprogirl, Jezebel and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

You're 100% right, Dave. That's the reason why I come on here, and why all of you probably know more about the drama of my life than some of my coworkers, neighbours and acquaintances.... I can always count on SC'ers for a smile, support, thoughtful debate, and finding people who may not always agree with me, but do share my values (especially for respect, openness, honesty, and caring for others) and respect my opinions. It's a pretty rare and special thing, something that we're all fortunate to be a part of

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    You're 100% right, Dave. That's the reason why I come on here, and why all of you probably know more about the drama of my life than some of my coworkers, neighbours and acquaintances.... I can always count on SC'ers for a smile, support, thoughtful debate, and finding people who may not always agree with me, but do share my values (especially for respect, openness, honesty, and caring for others) and respect my opinions. It's a pretty rare and special thing, something that we're all fortunate to be a part of
    So well said.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

And thank you DaveP for YOUR support for the rest of us. You've always stood up for those of us who were being picked on. People like YOU are one of the reasons why I keep coming back to this forum (even though sometimes I threaten to never post again!). I guess sometimes we're like little children, and have our tantrums and moments when we're going to hold our breath until we turn blue unless we get our way!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

our discussions do get a little 'excited' at times. i'm sure there are mods with their fingers hovering over the DELETE button at those times ;p

the discussions are usually intelligent, and the outcome normally is one of "lets agree to disagree"

we share ideas, expand our minds and in the end still come out smiling
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Aw, Dave. Life is too short to get hung up on the little things. You're talking to a bunch of people who get excited about saving $0.50. It really doesn't take much to make us happy.

Despite everyone's differences in opinions and beliefs, we have a lot in common too.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I've been involved in several debates here, and some of us disagree with each other (strongly) when it comes to issues like abortion, politics, religion etc. But always the same folks who disagree on one issue don't carry it over to any other thread. Everyone still supports each other through our trials, offers advice where needed, and are just generally there for each other in a loving way.

What an amazing bunch of people! I don`t know if it`s because we`re Canadians, or SCers, or what. But I`ve never had the good fortune to be part of a community of such caring people online. Thank you all, for being who you are.

((hugs))

That is the key word, however, disagreeing is fine. It's what makes us individuals. People with strong enough convictions can make real progress and effect change. That is cool.

It is our right to disagree, but it is not my right to try to MAKE you believe what I believe.

You know when people of religion come up to me and say god bless you, I don't take their heads off and say you can't say that to an atheist. When they say that they mean it from their heart, it's their way of conveying their sympathies/congrats/support. I don't take it for what it means literally I take it as a gesture from someone who happens to believe differently. I am not out to convert anyone and they usually get the hint that I don't want to be converted either and it doesn't have to involve insult or injury to achieve this.

I can guarantee we will have future discussions/debates/differences and I can honestly say that no matter how much I disagree with people I have yet to put someone on block

although if Dave continues to support this man I don't know what I may do..........I heard the painting was sold, wonder who could have purchased it?

anisa, gameprogirl, Kalmel and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information