User Tag List

Page 194 of 197 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

  1. #2896
    Mastermind cath007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    28,016
    Likes Received
    43706
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)




    I wrothe to royale in their website page and on facebook because I did not receive my 5$ coupon from their promo...so after 5 days the response was we mailed your coupon long time at the adress providen so we are sorry you did not receive it...we will mail another one for you..so now I am like...is my adress have a problem? I just wish and hope to receive the other coupon....
    ROMEO and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

  2. #2897
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes Received
    7657
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Two things come to mind-someone intercepted the mail before it got to your building or the postal delivery agent put the mail in the wrong mailbox.
    Hope that replacement coupon comes in the mail soon for you!
    cath007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  3. #2898
    Mastermind cath007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    28,016
    Likes Received
    43706
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)




    yep its been 1 week and no news of that coupon in my mailbox...grr
    Ciel21 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

  4. #2899
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,683
    Likes Received
    74576
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Decided to give Walmart the first stab at a few pj's for Xmas gifts ( the guys only ). There was success ( sort of ) but I just did not want to look anymore. The issue I had was gift boxes. Like where are they?
    None in the Christmassy areas. All I wanted was the packages of plain white flimsy cardboard so I can fold the pj's in some tissue and make a presentable gift. ugh!
    It was ALL gift bags, nothing but bags.
    Guess it's the Dollar store for me tomorrow.
    Mini rant over.




    babies teach us acceptance

  5. #2900
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,582
    Likes Received
    2938
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Decided to give Walmart the first stab at a few pj's for Xmas gifts ( the guys only ). There was success ( sort of ) but I just did not want to look anymore. The issue I had was gift boxes. Like where are they?
    None in the Christmassy areas. All I wanted was the packages of plain white flimsy cardboard so I can fold the pj's in some tissue and make a presentable gift. ugh!
    It was ALL gift bags, nothing but bags.
    Guess it's the Dollar store for me tomorrow.
    Mini rant over.

    I remember going into Sears and asking for those "shirt boxes" and them giving them to me by the stack.

    Guess that's why they went out business.
    WillieP and Ciel21 like this.

  6. #2901
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,683
    Likes Received
    74576
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I remember going into Sears and asking for those "shirt boxes" and them giving them to me by the stack.

    Guess that's why they went out business.
    me too @bhlombardy , those were the days! I loved the friendly bend over backwards CS you got then. I asked for 1-2 large coat sized boxes once and they gave them to me with no questions asked.
    WillieP and Ciel21 like this.




    babies teach us acceptance

  7. #2902
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes Received
    7657
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    @walkonby If you have a mall (not high-end, think family-friendly, more outlet oriented), chances are someone is running a holiday Xmas pop-up shop with holiday gift boxes. I found a few last year at Lynden Park Mall at one store that was part Xmas, part random discount store finds. But the store had bows, bags and holiday gift boxes! Bought a couple of Xmas type shirt gift boxes (I don't actually have a pressing need for them but they could come in handy with random gift needs during the Christmas season) because I have not seen them recently elsewhere.
    walkonby and dededi like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  8. #2903
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes Received
    7657
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    My rant-knowing that the only yard bags at the curb will be the ones I put there, even if laid off sibling promised on Sunday and on Monday to help with bagging (and I even tried to get a commitment that he'd show up by 4pm but it passed and I was still raking/bagging on my own).

    Ha, I got my own back. I used his printer ink (black and my colour cartridge) to run off 3 photo prints last night. Saved me a trip to Walmart Photo Kiosk. He's been complaining about my printer use in the past and I was avoiding using the printer since he got the black ink two weeks ago.
    GoodBoy likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  9. #2904
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,683
    Likes Received
    74576
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @walkonby If you have a mall (not high-end, think family-friendly, more outlet oriented), chances are someone is running a holiday Xmas pop-up shop with holiday gift boxes. I found a few last year at Lynden Park Mall at one store that was part Xmas, part random discount store finds. But the store had bows, bags and holiday gift boxes! Bought a couple of Xmas type shirt gift boxes (I don't actually have a pressing need for them but they could come in handy with random gift needs during the Christmas season) because I have not seen them recently elsewhere.
    yep! @Ciel21 that was exactly where I found some. A family run Dollar store ( not the big names Dollarama or Dollartree) that was in a smaller outside strip kind of set up. These came 3 in a pack and the top lid has a picture of Santa's red suit on it.
    I'm all set now.
    coupon girl, dededi and Ciel21 like this.




    babies teach us acceptance

  10. #2905
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,227
    Likes Received
    3408
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Walked into FreshCo and saw these pre-packaged/-selected paper bags at the exit selling for $10 that shoppers can buy to donate. They had absolute garbage in them:

    4x KD Flavour boost packets
    box of Kraft dinner
    can of tuna
    bottle of Gatorade

    I can eat 3 meals daily for nearly 4 days on ten dollars. The only food with any shred of nutritional value is the tuna.

    I also saw donation bags like that at Co-op. They are simply emptying their garbage bins and trying to sell the contents. The very notion that this is supposedly helping someone is just an insult to the intelligence.
    GoJays, dededi and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  11. #2906
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes Received
    7657
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    I find that the Fortinos and Longo's prepackaged food bank bags at least help make a pasta meal as long as recipients can eat tomatoes (diced or otherwise). The mystery brown paper bags at other stores get a wide berth from me.
    HermanH likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  12. #2907
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes Received
    7657
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    While I am doubtful I'll live long enough to see a year without periods--somehow 3.5 months into what I thought was my menopause, I now have a period. Could it be possible that the iron enriched baby cereal I had earlier in the month adjusted my hormone levels to trigger a period? I still get pimples just not as large as before prior to period or the cycle when one would occur.
    Let's say I am not keen on this development while my cancer is hurting my chest like it's trying to launch an escape pod. Though I am grateful I still have some feminine hygiene supplies on hand (I have heard stories of a last surprise period happening closer to one year after no periods then total cessation).

    Carb vaccuum effect is real too. Seedless grapes, apples, certain sweets...my poor teeth.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  13. #2908
    Senior Canuck GatineauGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    735
    Likes Received
    1932
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    While I am doubtful I'll live long enough to see a year without periods--somehow 3.5 months into what I thought was my menopause, I now have a period. Could it be possible that the iron enriched baby cereal I had earlier in the month adjusted my hormone levels to trigger a period? I still get pimples just not as large as before prior to period or the cycle when one would occur.
    Let's say I am not keen on this development while my cancer is hurting my chest like it's trying to launch an escape pod. Though I am grateful I still have some feminine hygiene supplies on hand (I have heard stories of a last surprise period happening closer to one year after no periods then total cessation).

    Carb vaccuum effect is real too. Seedless grapes, apples, certain sweets...my poor teeth.
    This doesn't sound like much fun at all! I am a survivor as well, and very happy to say so. Just to be on the safe side...have you mentioned this to your doctor? Just so your files stay up-to-date, that's all. All the best.
    ROMEO and Ciel21 like this.

  14. #2909
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,568
    Likes Received
    7657
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    @GatineauGirl I have not seen a doctor for over 2 years regarding my health. Once I tried in 2019 to get the walk-in clinic doc to take a look at something related to my cancer, she declined (because I got a diagnosis, it seems she could do no further imaging or testing)saying I needed to see oncologist or find a family doctor. So I have stayed out of health system except for the recent vaccine shots.

    If it's not the baby cereal, it could be cashews or pumpkin seeds I've had in the past week that could have caused the period.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  15. #2910
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,188
    Likes Received
    40706
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @GatineauGirl I have not seen a doctor for over 2 years regarding my health. Once I tried in 2019 to get the walk-in clinic doc to take a look at something related to my cancer, she declined (because I got a diagnosis, it seems she could do no further imaging or testing)saying I needed to see oncologist or find a family doctor. So I have stayed out of health system except for the recent vaccine shots.

    If it's not the baby cereal, it could be cashews or pumpkin seeds I've had in the past week that could have caused the period.
    @Ciel21 , Telehealth Ontario can link you with a doctor. Online. You sign up and they can 'see' you in 1 hour if it's not busy or the next day if it is super busy. I could not get in to see our doctor a while back and Telehealth really helped me out. The doctor was from University Health Network hospitals in downtown Toronto. Video and everything. Nonjudgmental. Super smart. Super helpful. Was very happy to talk to the doc.
    Maybe this will help you.
    GatineauGirl and Ciel21 like this.

Page 194 of 197 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •