User Tag List

Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    when you try to do a legit. scanning code of practice (SCOP) request and the store treats you like you are a scammer and they check everything out

when the customer service person tells you yes you have the right product but someone in the store put the wrong item number on the sign, so I may not get the SCOP

when you are prepared to walk and get a refund because the time kept getting longer to get a resolution

when the customer service person then tries to call the store manager to agree to give me the SCOP
    clearance price sign said 9.97 but the item rang up at 12.99.

really felt like i 'worked' for that SCOP
    Well done for sticking it out.
    2shopmom, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

resurrecting this old chestnut of a thread to pay homage to a poor misguided pet fish who probably gambled that the grass ( well the water ) was greener on the other side of his tank!
    It wasn't....poor soul! Advice to the inhabitants of that joint. Either cover your fish tank or cover your boiling pots of soup!

Daring escape to freedom goes horribly wrong for pet fish | Watch (msn.com)
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    resurrecting this old chestnut of a thread to pay homage to a poor misguided pet fish who probably gambled that the grass ( well the water ) was greener on the other side of his tank!
    It wasn't....poor soul! Advice to the inhabitants of that joint. Either cover your fish tank or cover your boiling pots of soup!

Daring escape to freedom goes horribly wrong for pet fish | Watch (msn.com)
    Poor fish. What a way to go...

The restaurant, if in Canada, would not pass inspection. Pet fish or live animals, can't be in the same place as cooked food that customers would eat.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The restaurant, if in Canada, would not pass inspection. Pet fish or live animals, can't be in the same place as cooked food that customers would eat.
    While not specifically for pets, I believe that there are some Roadkill cafes operating in Canada.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadkill_cuisine
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Poor fish. What a way to go...

In the description below it says " A pet fish in a restaurant in Anhui, China, " so yeah, NOT allowed in Canada.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For a few months, I've been looking for the existence of a certain someone's gift registry. Today, I have found it but it needs a password. Am thinking did the registry just get activated on the weekend or this week? I have been on that site several times and done variations on the names with no matches for 2023 results.

I also ran the names on other registry sites in case those stores' items are on the "hidden" registry. No luck for me. Sigh. Well I have ideas should I wish to buy gifts in July.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Wendys for lunch and saw a biker in his jacket eating with a young girl, I presume it was his daughter. The colours were for the Hells Angels, Edm chapter. What a scumbag, to parade his colours in public. Hopefully, his daughter will learn that her father is a member of the most notorious organized crime gang in Canada. With luck, she will be ashamed of him and refuse any recognition of a man who hurts so many others.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

when your raspberry bush is trying to make a come back
    when you see near ripe raspberries
    when some bird/animal gets to it before you do, at the peak of ripeness

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Last edited by 2shopmom; Mon, Aug 28th, 2023 at 10:23 AM. Reason: wrong area
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

when Fed Ex slaps a card on your screen door saying you were not home!! You were home but in the basement. There was never a ring of the doorbell. Nowhere on the card is there a time entered as to when they were here?? The phone number to inquire about delivery will not let you advance to speak to a human UNLESS they recognize the tracking number you give from the delivery card.
    According to this virtual telephone robot my number was not in the system yet which probably means the delivery person was here a very short time ago.
    ( as in I just missed him/her? )
    GRRRRRRR! yeah, they sent me an email now saying they will attempt again tomorrow. So unless I'm sitting right at the open door during the entire 3 hour window,
    I probably won't catch the delivery person.
    Fun!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

update on the Fed Ex nightmare. A new email says I must pick up the parcel?! No explanation why they have decided NOT to make a 2nd delivery as promised.
    Took a telephone miracle but I somehow got hold of a REAL live human! They discovered the reason for the no 2nd attempt. I owed DUTY apparently!?

Why Fed Ex couldn't have simply said that in their updated email? I was able to pay the duty over the phone but of course now there is no way I'll get the damn parcel today and they don't deliver on weekends. Then Monday is the Day for Truth and Reconciliation Stat so no delivery on that day either! Grrrrrr.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A heads up about some brands of Cold Brew Coffee.
    This morning when i shopped I bought a large bottle of unsweetened Stok brand ( green label ) 1.42 L size.
    Just before I opened it I happened to see the nutrition label and as I looked it over I see 10 calories and 2 grams carbs in a single puny 8 oz serving!

WTF??! Black coffee is a freebie, every dieter knows this and relies on it. I phoned the 1-800 # and was told by a CS rep that the " natural flavours "
    they put in this brew probably has some form of sugar in it.
    Well thanks for nothing! The bottle will be returned for a refund tomorrow.
    GRRRR.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/STOK-Co.../6000200304589
    SassyAshley likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , it is shocking what you will find in some prepackaged foods.

I cannot remember which brand it is but there is one brand of Orange Juice that has sodium, it isn't a high amount but still. I wouldn't even have thought to look but Mom asked me to check the sugar content and I saw it had sodium, I checked 3 or 4 others and Sodium was not listed.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley upon posting an inquiry to the Food and Drug Administartion about my concern I read something in the ingredient list called
    Dipotassium Phosphate. I Googled and a few tabs popped up.

Why is dipotassium phosphate in drinks?

Due to its buffering properties, dipotassium phosphate is frequently used as an 'acidity regulator`. It's used particularly to prevent acidic coffee (with its low pH) from lowering the pH of coffee drinks
    to a degree that would result in the 'feathering' (splitting or precipitation) of the plant-based drink.

So when the Cold Brew coffee people brag about how the coffee is never bitter, it's not so much of their
    amazing slow brew process, it's because they add a chemical in there to ensure there is no bitterness.
    I feel duped once again.....lol.
    Shwa Girl, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This cannot only be happening to me ...can it? I've not been able to login, no...make that I cannot even get the PC Optimum page to come up.
    This has been happening since noon yesterday ( Oct 20th )
    Refresh, clear the cache, restarted my computer. Nothing opens their main page.
    I finally got through to their CS phone number and was told I was not the only person reporting this glitch. Um...o.k. then...so fix it right?

Down Detector does seem to show there is a big issue.

Name:  pc Optimum website glitch.png
Views: 110
Size:  87.3 KB

After my shop at NF this morning ( got 2 x $10.00 off discount coupons and 2 x Lindt Excellence 70% cacao FREE! ) I did not get the points on one of my offers.
    No problem, I usually just put in a missing points inquiry. But to do that I needed to re-check the offer to make sure I read it correctly.
    Nope, still cannot get into the site at all.

GRRRR!

Thread Information