User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: What's on your "diet" table today?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I love hemp hearts in smoothies.
    1/2 cup rice milk
    170g of coconut yogurt
    3 tbsp of hemp hearts
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    and blend
    sometimes I add in 2 handfuls of spinach too

I make chia no bake cookies and I add them to pancakes and oatmeal even make poppy seed muffins but instead of poppy seeds used chia seeds
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ thanks Abby5, I pretty much sprinkle the seeds over each meal portion, whatever it happens to be, so that I eat the total amount recommended by the Naturopath per day. I am off dairy, so smoothies, well I suppose I could use the Rice Dream milk in it. The toughest part for me is the fruit, I am only permitted 1 cup ( total) for the day, and I usually use 1/2 c in mixed berries with my a.m. oatmeal, then I stare at all the luscious melons, bananas, etc that I can't have till later that night. ( lol...I said luscious melons, that's funny! )
    Lynn49 and Abby5 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^ thanks Abby5, I pretty much sprinkle the seeds over each meal portion, whatever it happens to be, so that I eat the total amount recommended by the Naturopath per day. I am off dairy, so smoothies, well I suppose I could use the Rice Dream milk in it. The toughest part for me is the fruit, I am only permitted 1 cup ( total) for the day, and I usually use 1/2 c in mixed berries with my a.m. oatmeal, then I stare at all the luscious melons, bananas, etc that I can't have till later that night. ( lol...I said luscious melons, that's funny! )
    I commend you on your rules! Making a choice and sticking to it is key. Discipline always equals results!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well the 6wbm Individual Pizza's were made today!
    I did 5 each for DD and I, but hers has no mushrooms or red peppers ( more for me!) The measuring tape I put in the pic to show the size of the pizza, but also to show these are kind on the waistline!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I just finished making my layered Mason Jar salads for my lunches this week. Grape tomatoes on the bottom followed by cucumber, thin-sliced carrots, red pepper, red onion, spring greens a little spinach and then, finally sliced mushrooms. (I use 2-cup jars). I packaged sliced chicken breast separately (3 'baggies' in the freezer and two in the fridge). I have lunches for a week....grab and go as I head out the door. For some reason, the glass jars keep the salad fresh for five days. And it looks very appetizing!
    Lynn49, Abby5, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I just finished making my layered Mason Jar salads for my lunches this week. Grape tomatoes on the bottom followed by cucumber, thin-sliced carrots, red pepper, red onion, spring greens a little spinach and then, finally sliced mushrooms. (I use 2-cup jars). I packaged sliced chicken breast separately (3 'baggies' in the freezer and two in the fridge). I have lunches for a week....grab and go as I head out the door. For some reason, the glass jars keep the salad fresh for five days. And it looks very appetizing!
    They sound gorgeous, actually!! Is a picture possible?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Well the 6wbm Individual Pizza's were made today!
    I did 5 each for DD and I, but hers has no mushrooms or red peppers ( more for me!) The measuring tape I put in the pic to show the size of the pizza, but also to show these are kind on the waistline!!
    Walks, Hon, what do you use for the bottom crust of your pizzas if you're gluten-free...they look yummy, btw!!
    Do you freeze 'em?
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Walks, Hon, what do you use for the bottom crust of your pizzas if you're gluten-free...they look yummy, btw!!
    Do you freeze 'em?
    As I said in the rep I gave you, I use oatmeal flour to make the pizza crust, and although they are considered gluten free, it does depend on which oats you buy. Some get contaminated by the other flours containing gluten where they are processed. Bob's Red Mill would probably be certified gluten free. Yes to freezing, but we have never had to since I usually make just a few each to eat up in one week.

Now here is a funny thing.
    About a week ago I discover Pizza Pizza makes a gluten free pizza!! Now don't get me wrong, they claim it is made with rice flour, which I find hard to believe as my attempts using rice flour for things has not gone well.

There is certainly salt/sugar/fat in the dough ( I taste it ) which makes it NOT ideal for my diet, but what I did love was you can customize it to say Easy On The Cheese, or even No Cheese. Two toppings, which works perfect for NOT using up our protein allowances ( I ordered spinach/tomatoes/broccoli/jalapeno peppers, that sort of thing as making it veg pizza was simpler ) Not bad for DD if she is with her friends and they order pizza, now she at least has an option.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Pizza Pizza's gf crust is gross in my opinion
    Pizza Nova is ok.
    Pizzaville is the best
    But I still react to them all
    So I just make my own

But I have fallen hard off the diet wagon ...I ate 2 peanut better tubs of Haagan Daz
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Pizza Pizza's gf crust is gross in my opinion
    Pizza Nova is ok.
    Pizzaville is the best
    But I still react to them all
    So I just make my own

But I have fallen hard off the diet wagon ...I ate 2 peanut better tubs of Haagan Daz
    Funny thing happened Sat at my Naturopath appt. She said she also dislikes Pizza Pizza GF crust! ( I cracked up as she also recommended the Pizza Nova one.

I bought 2 bags of Bob's Red Mill GF pizza dough mix on Sunday just to give that a whirl!
    They say one bag makes 2 x 12" pizza crusts, but I don't mind thin crust so I will see if I can roll them thinner and get bigger pizza's out of them, I will post how it turns out.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well....um....my diet table got invaded today. Nothing REALLY bad, but fruit I am not allowed just yet...sweet, juicy red watermelon!! Oh my I ate, drank and washed my face in one meal!

Lynn49, Abby5, sweetmomma and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Chex cereal,strawberries and rice milk
    brocoli and mashed garlic potatoes
    4 gluten free lemon wafers
    4 liters of water
    1.5 rice,bean and gluten free enchiladas
    cucumber and tomatoes
    2 gluten free/vegan/sugar free carrot muffins

I also did two cardio work outs burned approx: 1600 calories

Oh I also had a cup of cut up watermelon
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Giddy is what I am!! Giddy that I found a wrap that is gluten free!! Food For Life makes a brown rice tortilla and they are delicious!

Made the regular ground beef filling and the regular wraps for the guys, we all used the same shredded/chopped veg but DD and I savoured ours filled with ground chicken/turkey combo with lots of chili powder and spice! We used shredded goat cheese as well for ours! Hooray for finding new foods.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Aug 19th, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: to add picture!
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh last night's feast ( dinner ) was DH and mine favourite food, kids seemed to actually enjoy it as well ( seafood!!) Wish I could have been able to splurge on scallops and lobster, but oh well.
    We had Snow crab ( WM had the 907 g pkgs on for $20.00...is that bad?? they were $24.00 the week prior??) Setting the table we actually placed the metal crab crackers and picks out for the 4 of us!
    We also pan fried a huge piece of Rainbow Trout and 6 perch fillets in a little butter, served a cocktail bowl of huge cooked tiger shrimp with the seafood sauce, as well as a hot sauteed version of the same shrimp with mushrooms, garlic, spinach and red & green peppers.

We did have a delicate salad with the nice baby greens, raspberry vinaigrette dressing and some new potatoes too, OMG! we were all just loving the taste of that fish though, and nothing on it while cooking, no salt/pepper...figured there is salt in the butter anyways so, just squeezed lemon over it all at the table. we were in heaven!

I think I must have been a Maritimer in a previous life maybe?

ssbean likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information