User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: What's on your "diet" table today?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sometimes I'm so stumped for new things to make when I'm on a diet, and although there's a food thread in the Tea Room, many of the dishes aren't suitable for most diets...so, I thought it would be nice to post what we're preparing for the day's meals, or even one that day...variety is the spice of life, they say, so how about 'spicing' up each other's menus?

I'll start with dinner tonight:

1 turkey burger (grated carrot, small amount of bread crumbs, garlic, celery salt, pepper), fried in 1tbsp olive oil
    1 tomato slice, one thin slice of red onion, 1 slice diet Swiss cheese, and 1/2C coleslaw (made up with diet coleslaw dressing)
    1 whole wheat (small) hamburger bun.
    Calorie total (although I'm not overly picky about it) around 318.

Recipe source:
    www.skinnytaste.com
    Tomorrow we'll have the Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts!
    (although I wonder how many calories are in a frozen Jalapeno Popper and if that wouldn't be easier to roll inside a chicken breast..

Breakfasts are either a toasted tomato sandwich, or a bowl of cereal (around 110cal) with skim milk or a half cup of plain yogurt, some Bran Buds and a drizzle of honey, with some fresh blueberries (I don't always have berries)

Lunch is my tricky one, since I can't eat large salads, so an omelet with low fat cheddar cheese and green onions from our garden, or the tomato sandwich, or a ham sandwich...

Good luck to anyone who's dieting!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, May 31st, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Natalka and Lua like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, today I had:
    Breakfast - a bowl of cereal - mixture of Multigrain Cheerios, Corn Squares and a handful of blueberries and some strawberries with soymilk and some skim milk. Also a cup of tea with milk and 1 teaspoon of sugar.

Lunch - 2 celery sticks, a cup of no-fat yogurt and blueberries, a small square of cheddar, 4 rice crackers - several bread and butter pickles and a tomato. Also a small dish of fresh cherries.

Supper - 1 lean pork chop with fat removed fried in no-stick frying pan sprayed with canola oil spray, about 2/3 c. of boiled sweetpotato and about 2/3 c. of steamed broccoli

I'm concentrating on cutting down on sauces, portion size, and sugar (which is my downfall.)
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Jun 1st, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Lynn49 and glowworm2k like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Today's menu

Beakfast: Steel cut oats with ground cinnamon and a bit of almond milk. A small glass of vegetable cocktail and an apple.
    Snack: 1 Apple: Lunch: Whole grain toast with home-made hummus and sprouts, raw carrots and two small tomatoes. Snack: Small bag of chips (Friday treat). Supper: Bowl of brown rice with vegetables. Night snack: small bowl of nuts and dried fruits.

The only liquids I drink are water, tea and ginger tea and the occasional beer. I eat as much as I want until I am full.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you.Avon, DH666....!

Bfst: 1slice WWToast, 2poached eggs ( one on ea half), 1slice lite Swiss cheese, divided..ccoffees
    Lunch: 1/2c plain yogurt, 1/3c bran buds, fresh blueberries mixed in, 1tbsp honey
    Dinner: shrimp stir- fry (shrimp, veggies, bean sprouts, diced jalapeños, dashes hoisin sauce, shredded ginger, garlic)
    Snacks: usually an apple (diced into a bowl with cinnamon, 1 sweet n low, nuked to soft...like apple pie!)
    Beverages: I'm trying to get down 8 glasses of water, love my Mojito tea, green tea, and the occasional glass of wine, depending on my calories that day.

Thanks for helping out, guys...I get so bogged down for ideas...
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Breakfast: smoothie-1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 coconut milk yogurt, 1/2 rice milk and 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
    Lunch: pizza (home made gluten free and vegan crust (glutenfree goddess) with spinach , mushroom, tomatoes and daiya cheese (vegan, gf, soya free cheese) and a salad
    Dinner: black bean tacos (rice tortillas) and veggies
    Snacks: blueberries

I know it is hard to think of new and exciting things!! Great idea to start this thread
    Last edited by Abby5; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Abby.....thank you for sharing!! Athough I'm not gluten-free (yes, lol, we chatted about that, didn't we?, or vegan, I could go for any of those meals! As for coconut milk yogurt, I've never seen or even heard of it before...is it a health store item or can it be found in regular grocery stores? I loves coconut anything!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Abby.....thank you for sharing!! Athough I'm not gluten-free (yes, lol, we chatted about that, didn't we?, or vegan, I could go for any of those meals! As for coconut milk yogurt, I've never seen or even heard of it before...is it a health store item or can it be found in regular grocery stores? I loves coconut anything!
    I buy it in the natural food section at Loblaws. It is about $3.99 it is made by So Delicious. I am allergic to soya is I was so happy to find this! It lasts me about a week putting a couple heaping tablespoon in my smoothie. Ps I get the hemp hearts there as well my am breakfast has 13g of protein in it...10g from the hemp So far lots of protein in the am seems to be the key for me.
    lecale likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn I know my 6wbm food plan is too strict for most, but we do what works right?

My bkfst is almost the exact thing every day ( with change in the type of fruit I add to the oatmeal, and sometimes I saute tiny bits of onion, mushroom, red pepper etc to add to the egg white, so it tastes very much like an omelet.

Breakfast

1/4 c DRY measure oatmeal ( large flake, real rolled oats, no packets of instant), nuked for 2 min with 3/4 c water.
    add to that 1/2 c fruit ( berries, or banana, apple etc), 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 c Rice Dream " milk " .
    1/4 c pure egg whites ( ingredients say egg whites only, no added stuff) with 2 drops yellow food colour (optional),
    1/2 tsp onion powder. 1 tsp dried chives, 2 tsp water. ( Nuke for 1 minute)

Lunch varies

I make turkey or chicken burgers many different ways by adjusting the herbs and spices I add to the meat.
    Sometimes I make them salsa style, or I go completely different with the cumin, curry taste.
    I don't add any crumbs unless the meat is very moist, then maybe a few tblsp of a ground up unsalted rice cake, or cracker. No eggs added either.
    I measure the raw meat first to see how many 2 oz portions I will get from it, because all my meat portions at every " meal " are supposed to be 2 oz. cooked weight. I allow approx 1/2 oz. loss from the cooking, so each raw portion should include that extra 1/2 oz. I cook them in non stick pan, using only a bit of No Salt chicken broth as they are searing. No buns ever, just eat the burger with plenty of veg, whether it is a salad with balsamic vinegar drizzled lightly on, or cooked veg. Most my meals include one carb, ( 1/2 cooked) so I sometimes add sweet potato, rice noodles or rice.
    I have precooked other lunch and dinner options so we mix and match when we make our meals up.

Roasted turkey breast slices ( I roast the split TB myself, no deli slice stuff) , Lemon chicken, one potato chicken stew ( nice because low on the carb which means we can have extra rice or noodle with it if we want)
    All veg chili which is my fav! it means we can choose the protein we want to accompany with that, and add a carb too. Spicy chicken strips ( homemade, no commercial ones)
    I try to have our cooked veg ready to go in zip lock containers, so adding 1/2 c of whatever one we feel is easy to plop on the dinner plate next to the chicken strips or whatever, nuke and enjoy.

Lynn I already mentioned the funny individual Pizza's I make from the oatmeal flour, almost the same as Abby5's. No dairy, no salt/sugar.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, Walks....every bit of information helps, Hon!!
    Speaking of pasta or bread substitutes, I just read somewhere about using cauliflower as pancakes!
    Now I know my hubby and I prefer it in shepherd's pie, as opposed to the usual mashed potatoes, so this may be worth a try!
    Yeppers, your "funny individual pizzas" are on my list of things to try!

As you know, Walks, our DD joined Herbal Magic to lose 20lbs, and go back to her size 9-10, and she's SO diligent (she says the one-on-one counselling really helps, plus what she paid ... she wouldn't tell me, lol ... keeps her on track)...anyway, she's lost 11lbs in about a week and a half! Brat!!!! I'm losing inches, but not much difference on the scale, which, after some googling, I find isn't unusual. Hopefully next week I'll see actual numbers on the scale reflecting my body size....my slacks are hipsters now! NOT flattering on a 62-year old! hahahahaha!!!
    ninna and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh. One thing I love is canned lentil soup (I think it's Primo)..2C = 120 calories! (which is the whole can)
    It's filling and SO good with a few drops of hot sauce!!!
    Just fyi.....
    ninna and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i ran out of oatmeal so today i had:
    breakfast: container of yogurt, coffee ( black) and 1 whole wheat slice of bread toasted with a thin layer of peanut butter
    snack: handful of almonds
    Lunch: 1/2 c of homemade vegetable soup ( no salt no noodles)
    snack: 10 kashi crackers, 1 apple and 1 peach
    dinner: 1/2 chicken breast, small salad with 1 tsp dressing, and 1 cup broccoli and cauliflower florets
    dessert: 1/2 cup pineapple cubes

that is what i had today. the kiddies are a tad more pickier with their veggies so they had french fries instead of the broccoli and cauliflower, and kd for lunch instead of the soup.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

hi Lynn!! Check out my blog for some good recipe ideas!
    http://mypinkthumb.com

Here's what I ate yesterday for an example:

7AM Breakfast --> 3/4C milk + 3/4 scoop protein powder (optimum nutrition chocolate) along with 1 C of All Bran w/ milk and about 1/2C fresh berries ---- keeps me full for about 3.5-4 hrs!!

10:30/11AM Snack --> a small apple + 10 almonds

12:20PM Lunch --> 1 extra lean turkey sausage, 1/2C spelt pasta w/ homemade sauce, 1-2C romaine salad w/ homemade vinigarette (olive oil + red wine vinegar)

3:00-3:30PM Snack --> 1C carrot and cucumber sicks + a slice of cheese

7:30PM Supper --> pork burger (extra lean ground pork, fresh onion, bbq sauce, bread crumbs, garlic), on a flat whole grain bun topped with baby spinach and fresh tomato slices + a glass of milk

*** as for drinks, I usually start my morning at work with 2C of green tea and then proceed to drink an additional 6-8 cups of plain water. I keep my water bottle with me all the time and make a point to drink constantly.

I lost just about 10lbs this past winter and have been able to maintain my ideal weight for 3 months now eating like this. I've really found that the regular addition of a protein shake and drinking a TON of water has made a huge difference in this maintain stage.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I eat a fairly regimented diet, especially now as I'm battling nausea throughout the day.
    AM - bowl of cereal: 1/2c all bran plus 1/2c homemade granola with 3/4c homemade almond milk.
    mid-morning - 1/2c yogurt, 1 small apple
    Lunch - varies, but usually leftover veggies with a slice of toast or a bowl of yogurt and berries if there are fresh berries to be had
    mid-afternoon - 1 small baked sweet potato (for some reason, you can get tinier ones at Food Basics than almost anywhere else) with a tiny dab of butter or margarine.
    Supper - veg heavy everything! Monday was a bowl of rapini with two over-easy eggs on top, bulgogi-style with homemade corn muffins on the side. Last night was a light spinach souffle for one with mashed cauliflower as the side; tonight will be a tiny tomato,mushroom and sauce (with maybe a small amount of cheese) tart or pizza, depending on what type of whole-grain dough I make (yeasted or not).
    PM snack - air-popped popcorn, yogurt or a small homemade sweet.

There's more food in there than normal, largely because I have to eat a little bit all day to keep the nausea at bay :/
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, everyone!! Great ideas, and it's nice to see that I'm not the only one eating like that...I'm definitely going to try out some of your menu ideas or food combinations...thank you!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Tonight will be a 2 egg omelet with mushrooms and a sprinkling of cheese. I am having a roasted tomato on the side (one of my favourite treats)
    Tomorrow night will be a small serving of gnocci or pasta with sauteed mushrooms and diced tomatoes, and whatever other veggies tickle my fancy at the grocery store.

DH will be home on Sunday, so I will probably make one of his favourites, maybe some roasted portobello caps with zucchini and some garlic bread (garlic spread made with twice the garlic powder so you use way less ) on the side. I will also be making a rhubarb crisp with rhubarb from my back yard, 1/3 the sugar of the regular recipe, and some strawberries from the freezer to add the additional sweetness. Topping is made from rolled oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, a pinch of brown sugar (about 1/3 of the original quantity), pinch of baking powder and a touch of oil and water to get it all mixed together and forming decent crumbles. We serve a dollop of frozen cool whip or some lightly sweetened yogurt on top instead of ice cream
    Lynn49 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information