User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Queen Elizabeth II - Jubilee Celebration!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

going back to bed this am was a bad idea though I managed to watch most of it on BBCCanada...right now.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Just logged into FB to find the part of my family which live in London were complaining about not being able to get around town easily today. Somehow they missed being told some of the bridges across the Thames were shut to traffic....
    Natalka likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Aw, Prince Philip is ill; he's been taken to the hospital and has a bladder infection. He will be 91 on Saturday.

"Prince Philip … is understandably disappointed about missing this evening's Diamond Jubilee concert and tomorrow's engagements," said the palace in a statement.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jubilee concert - pic from rehearsal

Name:  article_a12835a459489a1d_1338584823_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  25.7 KB

Officials said the Queen would still attend the concert, which features a full hand of knights — Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Cliff Richard and Sir Tom Jones — along with Dame Shirley Bassey, Stevie Wonder and younger artists including JLS, Kylie Minogue and Will.i.am.
    Younger royals, including Princes William and Harry, are also due to watch the show, on specially erected stage outside the palace.

Elton John is set to perform “Your Song,” ”I’m Still Standing“ and ”Crocodile Rock.“ Tom Jones will pose the question, ”Why? Why? Why?“ in the song ”Delilah,“ while Annie Lennox will sing ”There Must Be An Angel.“

Ska band Madness is expected to perform “Our House” on the palace roof, evoking a similar appearance at a Golden Jubilee concert 10 years ago by Brian May of Queen.
    Kylie Minogue and Stevie Wonder will play a medley of greatest hits, and Paul McCartney will play “Live and Let Die,” his James Bond theme. American soprano Renee Fleming will perform with the BBC Concert Orchestra.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Musicians from around the world will perform the official Jubilee record “Sing” written by Gary Barlow and Andrew Lloyd Webber

Sing - Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band featuring Military Wives

(Prince Harry plays the tambourine!)

Some words they can’t be spoken only sung,
    So hear a thousand voices shouting love.
    There’s a place, there’s a time in this life when you sing what you are feeling,
    Find your feet, stand your ground, don’t you see right now the world is listening to what we say.

Sing it louder, sing it clearer, knowing everyone will hear you,
    Make some noise, find your voice tonight.
    Sing it stronger, sing together, make this moment last forever,
    Old and young shouting love tonight.

To sing we’ve had a lifetime to wait, (wait, wait, wait)
    And see a thousand faces celebrate.
    You brought hope, you brought life, conquer fear, no it wasn’t always easy,
    Stood your ground, kept your faith, don’t you see right now the world is listening to what we say?

Some words they can’t be spoken only sung,
    To hear a thousand voices shouting love and life and hope.

Just sing; just sing; just sing; just sing.

Hear a thousand voices shouting love.

-------------
    The performers
    http://jubileesing.com/performers

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The fireworks were specatular as where the beacons. Good Old Land of Hope and Glory..

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This is just so sweet!
    Prince Charles kisses the hand of his mother Queen Elizabeth at the end of her Diamond Jubilee concert in front of Buckingham Palace on Monday night.

Name:  7063b549452885796b3003ee24b9.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  46.1 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  queendressgr.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  63.2 KB

The outfit was made of fine silk tulle, embroidered with tiny mint green star-shaped flowers embellished with silver thread.
    The pretty outfit featured a mint green chiffon drape, scattered with Swarovski crystals on the shoulders. The crown of the hat was covered in the same tulle and was also draped in mint green chiffon and Swarovski crystals.
    The monarch wore her favourite three-string pearl necklace which she matched with pearls at her ears.

On her lapel, she wore a diamond brooch cut from the world's largest diamond, the Cullinan diamond, which was cut into nine stones. Two of those stones were made into the impressive brooch displayed this summer in an exhibition at Buckingham Palace and worn by the Queen today.
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    sweet sparrow likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It's so refreshing to hear some good news lately.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Thank You message

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President Obama's tribute

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

She's such a graceful lady! My mom said I met the Queen twice, like 10-20 feet away, once in my elementary school in Hong Kong and once in London. No recollection, lol, too young.

My friends in Cumbria pimped out their baby carriage with the British fla gs, put temporary tattoos on the boys' face. There was a picture of these toddlers eating mini-pork pies. So Brit, so cute!!

Funny story, my airhead fitness trainer obviously has no idea what "Diamond Jubilee" means. I'm flying tonight to London to attend a wedding this weekend, so I reminded her I won't be here. I said I'd like to fly earlier to help out, but the Diamond Jubilee made the flight, hotel and everything expensive before Wednesday. She then repeatedly said, "It is just over there, right?" I replied, "She's our Queen too. Such a graceful lady, but I paid $200 more for the flight because of the celebration!" She then said, "This is stupid. I don't understand why diamonds are so expensive. You just put it in jewellery. It's useless. Why do people pay so much?" I then realize she has no idea what it means. She is 30 years old, only few years younger than me. Do Gen-Y not read news? Or is it because she gets by with her looks? (I'd like to have that option. lol)

p.s. Why is the word F-L-A-G not showing up? Is it a slang I don't know about?
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Wed, Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Natalka and kazm-l like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The 'f' word doesn't show up because it's blocked (competitor's site has that word in it).

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Awesome set of pics on this site, of the Queen in Canada through the past 60 years.
    My fave pics - her at the hockey game, and the one where the dog is carrying her purse!

http://canadiancrown.gc.ca/eng/1336579543289

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  queenpainting.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  47.0 KB

A new portrait of the Queen was unveiled today at Buckingham Palace where Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Gov. Gen. David Johnston and other dignitaries gathered.
    Phil Richards, the Canadian artist who painted the portrait, was on hand for the unveiling. The portrait took Richards two years to paint. A series of photographs of the Queen were taken during her 2010 tour of Canada. Richards also had an audience with the Queen to discuss the concept for the painting.

The painting includes a number of symbolic elements that represent aspects of Her Majesty’s 60 years of service to Canada. For example, Her Majesty is depicted wearing her Canadian honours. Resting against two Victorian ink pots is a copy of the British North America Act of 1867 that was signed by Queen Victoria and repatriated in 1982 during Her Majesty’s reign. The vase is embossed with The Queen’s Canadian Diamond Jubilee Emblem.

The painting depicts the Queen standing in front of an arched doorway in Rideau Hall, a portrait of her great-great grandmother, Queen Victoria, behind her. She wears a white dress with a chiffon skirt and beaded bodice and carries white satin gloves in her hand. Her jewellery includes a diamond tiara, earrings, bracelet and a three-strand festoon necklace.

Following the official unveiling on June 6, the Diamond Jubilee painting will be displayed at the Canadian High Commission in London from June 7-14, 2012. Afterwards it will return to Canada and be installed permanently at Rideau Hall.

Name:  paintin-queen_1338926229198_eng.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  94.6 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information