User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Compare the price before purchase online eyeglasses (2 examples here)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have measured my pupil distance myself, but still would like to confirm it with a professional.

does anyone know who usually measures it? is it done with your regular checkup, or is it done when you go to purchase glasses?

tx
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Annatree View Post
    Plus, don't forget to just ask them to price match. I know clearly does as long as you give them the website address.
    Clearly Contacts only Price Match for Contact Lens, not for eyeglasses :D

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    Thanks so much! I am also addicted to ordering glasses online, and haven't heard of all of the companies above! Will be sure to check them all out in the future!
    Hi Super Mel,

www.firmoo.com
    www.zennioptical.com

are another two companies I recommend if you want to buy CHEAP but durable and correct Rx lens eyeglasses

eye_uydirect, g_asseshop and gog_les4u (fill the _ by urself) I don't recommend, because first one for my opinion is a bit overprice, and last 2 Rx always OFF!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i have measured my pupil distance myself, but still would like to confirm it with a professional.

does anyone know who usually measures it? is it done with your regular checkup, or is it done when you go to purchase glasses?

tx
    When u get ur Rx, you can ask them to measure for u and write the PD in the Rx
    anisa likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.financialwebring.org/foru...?f=36&t=114623

Interesting thread here regarding buying glasses online ( click the link above )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    http://www.financialwebring.org/foru...?f=36&t=114623

Interesting thread here regarding buying glasses online ( click the link above )
    tHANKS

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Great information. Thank you. I never knew they were all sister companies.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd like to buy contact lenses(for the first time) for my teen, any suggestion?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Clearly Contacts: $43.37
    Coastal Contacts: $54.37
    Lensway: $62.45
    Justeyewear: $31.95!!

i have bad eye sight. I got a pair from clearly contacts before, but then I have to return back to them because they discontinued the thinest lense. I did not try any online order afterward. I think I have to spend sometime check it over. The one I am wearing right now cost me a lot of $$$. Thank you for the info.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, great post. I compared many websites and finally placed an order at Zennioptical.com. They had thousands of frames to choose from, including hundreds of $6.95 frames. With upgraded lenses, the glasses I ordered were still cheaper than the similar ones in other websites.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sorry to bring up an old thread, but i have questions about the op's info about how clearly contacs and others will automaticly give you the thinnest lense and the applicable coatings (at no extra charge) by default.

has anyone actually experienced this?

i have a -7.50 script, and for me personally it is really important to get the thinnest possible lenses.

any input would be much appreciated
    Last edited by anisa; Mon, Sep 3rd, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great info! I lose or break glasses constantly and am always looking for a good deal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had never heard of the third company! Thanks for sharing! My most recent pair of glasses came from Clearly Contacts and I would definitely recommend them even for high RX

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie View Post
    I'd like to buy contact lenses(for the first time) for my teen, any suggestion?
    I get mine at Costco. They will order a trial pair (if not in stock) then check the fit. I did some research online and found that for my prescription they were cheaper than online. For someone who has never worn contacts before a little service is helpful to learn how to put them in and take them out. When reordering go whereever is cheapest.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    I get mine at Costco. They will order a trial pair (if not in stock) then check the fit. I did some research online and found that for my prescription they were cheaper than online. For someone who has never worn contacts before a little service is helpful to learn how to put them in and take them out. When reordering go whereever is cheapest.
    True - although IMHO, I recommend seeing an optometrist about first time contact lenses. I went to Costco the first time and when my optometrist found out what they had given me he was not happy as they were not at all what was needed for my eyes. YMMV based on your Costco, but I still say the Dr. who knows your eyes, knows best. They'd be able to recommend brands based on what your eyes need. And while cheap is great and it's fine to get the cheapest you can find once you know what you need - your eyes aren't something you should mess around with...you can get some permanent damage from contact lenses and who really wants to wreck their eyes when its avoidable. Just my opinion...

My Dr. will give me trial pairs of contact lenses that he feels are best and then I have the option to buy them through the office or look to find them elsewhere -- so it's not like they're just "pushing certain brands 'cause they get money" or w/e.

*Just to clarify - I'm not saying don't buy contacts at Costco or anything - once my dr. told me what brand to use an I had tried a trial pair from the dr.'s office I got re-fills from Costco and recently from online. *
    Last edited by Skittles160; Tue, Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
    anisa likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information