User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Plant/Seed Swap?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a plant/seed swap on here through the forum. Its a good way to save money. I bought so many jeepers creepers and hens&chicks, that they are multiplying and I have like 300 hens&chicks. I give them away to my friends lol. Still have alot of them.

Anyone up for something like this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

how does it work? i have never done a swap
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I'd be interested to know how it works too.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I'd be interested too ... just started heirloom veggies this year and will try my hand at seed saving at the end of the summer. Not sure how well divided plants would travel though. I know an SCer is sending me some Hosta shoots but we're in the same province.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have some extra cherry tomato and coriander seeds that I harvested from my balcony last fall if you want. They have a higher germination rate than I expected, I've felt bad everytime I've thinned them out... I hate cutting down my babies I'm not sure how they would handle the mail though, especially the coriander would all get crushed in letter mail, the tomatoes might make it but it's also almost too late to plant them now.. depending where you are I guess. If you want some I will send them though. I got a ton of cherry tomatoes last year, looking forward to an even bigger harvest this year

I kind of have a crap load of other extra seeds I don't need, but they were all bought and I'm way more proud of the seeds I grew myself
    Last edited by muggos0101; Sat, Jun 9th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

!
    Last edited by muggos0101; Sun, Jul 1st, 2012 at 03:53 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Over the years, I have attended about a dozen seed/plant swaps.
    They have always been done at the local level and in person.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have traded and received lots of really cool seeds, mostly through online swaps, over the last two years. I chose to connect with people online because I just could not seem to find people in my area who had an interest in heirloom seeds and preserving plant/food crop diversity (kind of ironic, as I live in a rather rural area).

I have taken a break from it from doing it hard core *L* but am always interested to see what kinds of heirloom seeds people have to offer. Small seeds (tomato, pepper, most herbs, etc) are easy to send through the mail, especially if the envelope is lined with a bit of bubble wrap. Most people I dealt with were more than willing to share their extra seeds if you sent them a SASE.

Here are the two main sites I used to connect with people to trade with. It would be fantastic to have a lot more Canadians participating - more convenient, and less expensive!

http://www.heirloomseedswap.com/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the-gr...seed-exchange/
    (This one has been inactive lately, but might just need an influx of new members)

Seeds of Diversity has a regularly updated list of "Seedy Saturday" events across Canada. It would be a great opportunity to trade seeds with people. I wish I lived close enough to one to participate!

http://www.seeds.ca/en.php

Here is one that is new to me, but it is geared towards Canadians, which is nice!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianseedtraders/
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Thu, Feb 21st, 2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added links

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Snow Queen I have lots of green peppers seeds I have harvested and packed or I have a few extra little Aloe Veras (mind you I have never tried mailing live plants before so I gotta research how to send a plant to you). But I will trade either for your hens and chicks.
    tobiwobi likes this.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have ~20 Blue Curled Scotch Kale seeds (grew these two years ago - compact, doesn't take up much room in the garden, good for container gardening as well).

Pictured here: http://www.heritageharvestseed.com/k...ml#dwarfcurled Or you can do a Google Images search to see what it looks like.

I would like to trade them for Lucullus Swiss Chard seeds, or I would be happy to give them away if sent a SASE. I am also interested in rare or heirloom dry bush beans. If you have some neat varieties and would like to swap, please let me know what you have.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Sun, Jun 17th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Does anyone here grow heirloom pumpkin or heirloom squash? If you have extra seeds and would like to share, please let me know and I will send you a SASE.

Thanks!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    Does anyone here grow heirloom pumpkin or heirloom squash? If you have extra seeds and would like to share, please let me know and I will send you a SASE.

Thanks!
    I'm growing Tromboncino & Tatume squash this year and hope to save some seed but that won't be until later in the season

MY WISHLIST

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I'm growing Tromboncino & Tatume squash this year and hope to save some seed but that won't be until later in the season

Neat - those are both new varieties to me. Wishing you a fantastic growing season!
    Tbites likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I'd be interested too ... just started heirloom veggies this year and will try my hand at seed saving at the end of the summer. Not sure how well divided plants would travel though. I know an SCer is sending me some Hosta shoots but we're in the same province.
    What kinds of heirloom vegetables are you growing this year?

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    What kinds of heirloom vegetables are you growing this year?
    The 2 squashes I mentioned are heirlooms. Malabar spinach... finally getting passed the seedling stage Purple pole beans, albino pepper, a really sad looking ping tung eggplant (I think the cool nights stunted it). Can't remember if ichiban eggplant is an heirloom... but that one is slowed too.

Tomatoes: Ananas noire, Striped German, Mary Robinson, Anna Russian. My cukes are cantaloupes didn't sprout so I had to buy hybrid transplants

Are you growing any heirlooms ?

MY WISHLIST

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information