User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: okay i'm fed up!! What do you pay?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Summit Energy was at my door just now- gee, what a coincidence. They were offering to lock me in at 6 cents/ kilowatt no matter the time of day I use it. Ok, I'm not stupid. Offering me less than off peak? I've never had anyone at my door offer me any less than higher than my current rate so it sounds too good to be true. Of course I declined and the teen wasn't impressed. I just went to summit energy's website. If there was no scam involved, why is it then that you can't view any specific info on their website? Some of the info also assumes that you will be paying more than fluctuating rate and you will benefit when they fluctuating rate goes up. In other words, it seems like normally they offer you a fixed rate that is higher. SO scam-sounding, and I know the Ontario Energy Board fined them in 2009. I REALLY don't trust them.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newb View Post
    And the worst is yet to come ..... mom got sucked into a deal and I didn`t know till the gas company wanted a security deposit !!!! I asked what for ?? found out she was with a reseller for 5 yrs. ....... At 90 she signs nothing at the door ,, but she did show them her bill ,, I wished I had known sooner !!!!!
    They prey on senior citizens and new immigrants

If she didn't sign anything then they can't just sign her up after looking at her bill.

You have a strong case, since the agent just seems to have taken her account number from the bill and forged her signature and signed her up without her consent .

Ask them to show you the document or contract where her signature is, otherwse its just plain Fraud.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    for natural gas and power?

just got a new bill,supposed to be on this new super saver plan with direct energy and they said it would take 3 months to take effect...well it's been 5 months since i switched and my bills are more...

my last bill for power and gas was $256..this is insane!!! i knew i never should have switched to direct energy...this guy got me when i was half asleep,he was at my door saying i would save 5% on my bill...i should never have signed this thing...now im stuck for 3 years...!!!!! grrr....

how much do you pay,who are you with? and how do i get OUT!!!
    My hydro bill continues to go up. My new budget billing amount(as they were not taking enough) is $210 a month. I am not on time of use, and just finished my 5 year contract with a supplier and signed on for a lower amount with another supplier. I should see some savings there.

I was with Direct Energy for years for natural gas....at least 8 years, and just this past year, was told to drop them(my contract was up)by a very frugal person I know. I was skeptical....had always assumed I was paying a decent rate. Come to realize that I was paying a fixed rate of .36 cents and then found out that just going with Enbridge, my rate would be .13 cents. It has since gone down even lower, while direct energy has people locked in. When natural gas prices were climbing about 10 years ago, it made sense to lock in. I would not lock in now. See if you can get out of your contract. You will save a lot of money.

With Hydro, it is going no where but up. Locking in is probably a smart idea.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i may be going mad here but i make these posts to get opinions.but i see about 50 or so views,3 responses....i try to talk to people in here besides coming and being apart of a pool,but i think i am done on the social end of this site....just stick to the pools and tv show talk..it sucks when you make a thread and can see so many views and nothing....
    I would love to reply with something useful, but your question doesn't apply to me, and I couldn't tell what this was about from your title.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

For natural gas (heat) my bill was $87/month equal billing thru the winter but went down to $57/month currently. My hydro is approx $35/month. My house is 1100 sq feet and I live by myself and work M-F.
    Been visiting us for awhile? ... Thinking of joining? ... Click on this link to join in the fun! ... http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=26026

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information