User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: okay i'm fed up!! What do you pay?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

for natural gas and power?

just got a new bill,supposed to be on this new super saver plan with direct energy and they said it would take 3 months to take effect...well it's been 5 months since i switched and my bills are more...

my last bill for power and gas was $256..this is insane!!! i knew i never should have switched to direct energy...this guy got me when i was half asleep,he was at my door saying i would save 5% on my bill...i should never have signed this thing...now im stuck for 3 years...!!!!! grrr....

how much do you pay,who are you with? and how do i get OUT!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am in Central Alberta and use Direct Energy and Enmax, I am thinking of combining them with Easy Max, but my bills combined this month were about 200.00 for power and gas. Our house is about 3000 sqaure feet and we had five people in our household last month(daughter and fiance were visiting). hope this helps, living in the north can be so expensive.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

In NS we pay a little over 12 cents/KWH on average. What about the rest of you?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i may be going mad here but i make these posts to get opinions.but i see about 50 or so views,3 responses....i try to talk to people in here besides coming and being apart of a pool,but i think i am done on the social end of this site....just stick to the pools and tv show talk..it sucks when you make a thread and can see so many views and nothing....
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I'm in Ontario, where we have time-of-use pricing. Under that system, my bills didn't go up like everyone warned me they would. We are billed every 2 months, and the bills are generally about $90 apiece. Sometimes they get up to $100 for winter, but that's rare. For gas, DH pays the bill, but it's about $70-80/month every month (he does an equal billing plan).

I should also note that we don't have a dishwasher or central air conditioning, set the furnace at 16.5 celsius on weekdays in daytime in winter and 21 celsius at other times, have reasonably new appliances and furnace (under 5 years old), and generally try to be energy conscious. That's probably the reason my bills seem cheap more than anything else.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Here in SK, our natural gas is a monopoly with a provincial crown corporation - we pay $96 equalized right now. August is our settle-up month, and usually we get a credit.
    I don't know our sq. ft. - at least 1200; it's a three bedroom duplex from the '70s.

For power, it's a city monopoly - rates are going higher and higher. On average lately, it's been about $80 for electricity.

So total, we're getting close to $200. Of course it would be more through the winter if the gas weren't on equalized payments. We're in central SK, so are dealing with the -40s in the winter....
    Oh, and no a/c in the summer; what we use power for is pretty standard.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i may be going mad here but i make these posts to get opinions.but i see about 50 or so views,3 responses....i try to talk to people in here besides coming and being apart of a pool,but i think i am done on the social end of this site....just stick to the pools and tv show talk..it sucks when you make a thread and can see so many views and nothing....
    How does one see how many views there are? I see people mentioning this, but don't know how!

Now, your thread was made just before 10 p.m. last night, and you commented on it again at a quarter to five this morning - not everyone is a night owl.
    Often I read a thread and comments by others, then come back another time to make a comment.
    Don't take it so personally!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My gas is $71 (equal billing) a month for an old 2 storey sided house. I have a high efficiency furnace, new windows and average insulation. I keep my house at 24C in the winter because I do not like to get a chill and extra layers make me uncomfortable.
    My hydro is about $110 a month. That includes my water and sewage...so it is more like $60 or $70. I have all high efficiency appliances (from stove to washer to tvs).
    The only things that i leave to run are the fridge, freezer and alarm clocks. Everything else is turned off to the wall so I do not pay for the ghost power. I have a high efficiency central air system, in the summer my monthly bill goes up by about $15 or $20. I am on the time of use pricing in Ontario.

I found that the best thing to do was to replace all of my appliances and make sure that I had good windows.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    How does one see how many views there are? I see people mentioning this, but don't know how!
    Name:  views.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  9.9 KB

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I live in a condo and my heat and electric are included, but my dd's are always complaining about the cost of electric. My one dd just got her bill yesterday and said it went down. There house is approx 2800 sq ft. and they pay 1 combined bill through Enmax. It was $215 for this bill. She was paying less, but you have to remember that utility companies have applied for 2 hikes in the past 5 months which have been approved. I'm not a fan of direct energy as they caught a dd same as you and they paid for 2 years almost 1.5 times what other dd's were paying. Only way to get out of a contract with them is to move, even then you have to prove that you no longer have ANY utilities in your new place, a real pain.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I have a 3bdrm 2 storey house...some older windows some new windows and a new freezer heat was set at 18-19...and I have a few things that should get turned off but don't....I pay about $160 a month for gas /hydro/gas water heater....I do have central air but have not used it as this is my first summer as I bought in October...oh it is about 1200--1300 sqft

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    In NS we pay a little over 12 cents/KWH on average. What about the rest of you?
    In Alberta my last bill was a bit over 7 cents/KWH for electric and 1.44 for gas. My distrubutor charges for gas was 53.11 for May
    and about 48.00 for electricity!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Jun 15th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I'm in Ontario, we live in a two storey townhouse, average for water/gas/hydro in one month is $200. We don't have central AC, but we use two tower fans regularly in the summer, and we have two computers that stay on all the time, plus video game systems that get used frequently.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks Dave, d'oh to me!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

There are a lot of "guests" on SC and even though they are not logged in their views still get counted. There are also thousands of lurkers here too. Probably less than 1% of registered members are active on the boards. That's why you might see a lot of views, but not a lot of answers. Also a title like that would make people click because its a non specific question. You don't know what you are ranting about until after you open and read it.. from the outside it could be about anything and maybe people click on it to read it and then decide they are not comfortable sharing or maybe the question does not apply to them.

I get my gas and hydro seperate and I usually pay around $30 for Gas and $150 every other month for Hydro. So about just over $100, for them both together on average a month but maybe $130 a month in winter. We have a 1500sq ft. 3 bedroom townhouse in southern BC.
    Last edited by BuggaBugga; Fri, Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    DaveP, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information