User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: This is horrendous.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I dont want to get into a debate because I know my opinion is different from most and I respect that, but I will say this: for me personally I think we as a society need to start taking blame. It is SOMEONE'S fault. All to often it seems that people blame everyone but themselves. Again for me personally, if either of my children were involved in ANYTHING like this, I WOULD blame myself.

I was always taught to be an independent thinker and not "go with the flow" or be a "follower". I've been fortune enough to be confident to stand up for what I believe is right or wrong. And right and wrong was taught by my parents. Never in a million years would I have partaken in anything like that and I plan to teach my children the same values and instill in them the confidence to be independent. If not, then that's my fault. The blame falls on me. Again just my personal opinion.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm wondering if she's considered sharing ANY of her money with the fellow who started her vacation fund now that they've met.....I'd feel like a greedy heel if I didn't offer him a nice "tip"!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I'm wondering if she's considered sharing ANY of her money with the fellow who started her vacation fund now that they've met.....I'd feel like a greedy heel if I didn't offer him a nice "tip"!
    There's a campaign on for Max too. It's at $6600 right now.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

they met? wow thats cool. im missing so much of the 'better' news stories.
    gameprogirl and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    There's a campaign on for Max too. It's at $6600 right now.
    Now THAT'S really good news!! I don't know much about this guy, but I hope he gets enough to do something wonderful in his life...!! It just feels good to see kindness rewarded!!
    hollyquaiscer and xox2010 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Four students suspended for a year

Four US students who gained infamy after a video of their verbal abuse towards a bus monitor went viral have been suspended from school for a year. Footage of the 12- and 13-year-olds taunting Karen Klein has been viewed some 8 million times.
    The school system in the New York state town of Greece says the students must also complete 50 hours of community service with senior citizens.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, at least they're in an alternative school and not at home or in the community raising hell.
    I'm happy that the school system didn't just brush this off with a weak suspension and that they took this seriously; I hope this discourages other kids from bullying anyone.
    If stiffer punishments were given out for any type of bullying, anywhere, any time, they could put a stop to it. imho
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Ummm, have we forgotten that the blame should rest squarely on the shoulders of the kids who did this????

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm a bit disappointed that she is taking this money and buying new furniture and such. It would seem to me that at least some of the money should perhaps be donated either to promote an anti bulling program in the school she worked at (or to help promote it better) or a community program that promotes the same. The money collected is enormous at this point, and I don't think is was given so she could redecorate. Perhaps she should also look into some sessions on learning to have better self esteem and to be more assertive. I'm in no way condoning what these children did, but if you are hired to do a job, you need top stand up for yourself, and as I posted earlier, she clearly was in the wrong line of work.

Max also deserves a hand up for all his efforts. He really stepped up to the plate when he saw what happend.!
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Jul 4th, 2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Lynn49 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pawkeys View Post
    Ummm, have we forgotten that the blame should rest squarely on the shoulders of the kids who did this????
    I don't think so..........................

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed that she is taking this money and buying new furniture and such. It would seem to me that at least some of the money should perhaps be donated either to promote an anti bulling program in the school she worked at (or to help promote it better) or a community program that promotes the same. The money collected is enormous at this point, and I don't think is was given so she could redecorate. Perhaps she should also look into some sessions on learning to have better self esteem and to be more assertive. I'm in no way condoning what these children, but if you are hired to do a job, you need top stand up for yourself, and I posted earlier, she clearly was in the wrong line of work.

Max also deserves a hand up for all his efforts. He really stepped up to the plate when he saw what happend.!
    I couldn't agree more, Holly....if that were me, I'd be starting up a local anti-bullying campaign and staying in the news just for that purpose! She has an opportunity and, I believe, a responsibility to those people to donated money to put at least some of it to good use. Sure, enjoy it, travel some, but she shouldn't forget the REASON she received it: she was bullied. And not addressing that issue by doing something positive just seems so selfish to me. But...that's just me.

As far as self-esteem goes, it's evident she certainly lacks that commodity. Giggling on tv like I've seen her do lately is just silly.....maybe she's just not the brightest crayon in the box....And I've posted before...gifting that young man some of her cash would be the decent thing to do.

Does anyone know if she has kids/grandkids, who might benefit from the windfall she received?

Anyway....all jmho....
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

had this guy been American instead of CANADIAN.... he would of been in all the talk show circuit showing what a good-hearted American he is and folks would be rallying for him until we were sick of seeing his face plastered all over tv.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    had this guy been American instead of CANADIAN.... he would of been in all the talk show circuit showing what a good-hearted American he is and folks would be rallying for him until we were sick of seeing his face plastered all over tv.
    I'm beginning to think you have a bit of a beef against Americans Frugal50.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yes but you are a nice Canadian, she is not.
    frugal50 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'm beginning to think you have a bit of a beef against Americans Frugal50.
    No don't get me wrong I have nothing against Americans
    I'm just pointing out that they sensationalize everything
    but when it comes to north of the border they snub their noses at us!
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information