Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: This is horrendous.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Schoolbus monitor mercilessly bullied by middle school students:

The lady's interview after the fact:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...nline-support/

I'm a pacifist by nature, but I think I would have hurt someone if I'd been on that bus.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I saw that, Dave...little buggers...get some kids into that group mentality and it just festers into such uglyness!
    Apparently they've raised over 4k for her...poor dear lady....Bullying is getting out of control!!!!!
    gameprogirl, Patty Smyth and DaveP like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It makes these kids cool!!!! NOT...
    gameprogirl, Lynn49, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This made me MAD! This is what the school board wrote on their website about it: (http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/news.cfm...=1108&school=7)

District Statement Regarding YouTube Video
    This morning we were made aware of a troubling video that was posted to YouTube depicting students ridiculing a bus monitor. We were able to confirm that the woman in the video is a Greece Central School District employee. We immediately activated our district bullying and violence prevention response team to investigate and contacted the Greece Police Department to conduct their own investigation.

We have discovered other similar videos on YouTube and are working to identify all of the students involved. Links to the YouTube posts were also forwarded to members of the media, some of whom have reported inaccurate and concerning information including names and addresses of students alleged to be involved in the incidents. The bus involved in this incident was carrying middle school students – all of whom are juveniles. Although their behavior was inexcusable, we also have concern for the safety of all involved. We urge patience to allow us to investigate and determine the appropriate discipline.

Currently, our district security staff and Greece Police are interviewing all of those involved. The Greece Police Department has assigned an investigator to partner with us. The Greece Central School District is committed to providing students and staff with a safe environment that respects the dignity of all. We do not tolerate harassment of staff or students.

While we cannot comment on specific student discipline, we can say that students found to be involved will face strong disciplinary action. We will continue our ongoing bullying prevention and awareness training to ensure that incidents like this do not occur in the future. Specifically, the Greece Central School District has recently adopted the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, a systemic approach involving all community stakeholders to reduce bullying and other anti-social behaviors.

The Greece Central School District has a clear Code of Conduct and all staff and students have been fully trained. This behavior is a clear violation and will not be tolerated. The district will also ensure that reporting procedures are reviewed and response procedures are systemically in place.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

So sad! But unfortunately doesn't surprise me.

I think we as parents need to teach our child right from wrong and basic human kindness. Apparently not all parents do that!

Reminds me of an incident last year - while walking in to pick up my 3 year old from preschool, an older girl in the afterschool program (about 8 or 9) had the nerve to stop me and ask me why was I so fat. I was dumbfounded. Like seriously, I stood there for a moment stunned. I finally mustered up the nerve to say because I'm 9 months pregnant! But afterwards I thought, WHY should that matter? By that age she should know basic manners. The next time I saw the little girl I made a point to talk to her and still she was quite rude. Not mentioning "fat" but just overall rude. I honestly cannot believe how some children behave, and I have to blame the parents. She clearly doesn't know basic manners or human kindness. So very sad!
    Sally888, gameprogirl and DaveP like this.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    So sad! But unfortunately doesn't surprise me.

I think we as parents need to teach our child right from wrong and basic human kindness. Apparently not all parents do that!

Reminds me of an incident last year - while walking in to pick up my 3 year old from preschool, an older girl in the afterschool program (about 8 or 9) had the nerve to stop me and ask me why was I so fat. I was dumbfounded. Like seriously, I stood there for a moment stunned. I finally mustered up the nerve to say because I'm 9 months pregnant! But afterwards I thought, WHY should that matter? By that age she should know basic manners. The next time I saw the little girl I made a point to talk to her and still she was quite rude. Not mentioning "fat" but just overall rude. I honestly cannot believe how some children behave, and I have to blame the parents. She clearly doesn't know basic manners or human kindness. So very sad!
    I can related, I'm not skinny by any means, plus I look a lot younger than I actually am. I'm a supply educational assistant and at one school (of which I REFUSE to go back to) I got told off by an 8 year old thinking I was a high school student to get off school property. Me being me I just stood there with my hands on my hips waiting for them to shut up and when he finally did, I said "I am Mrs. Parker, I am supplying for Mr. Brown. Are you going to continue to be rude to me or are you going to go and play with your friends?" Shut him up. Ugh. Parents need some sort of class to teach them, to teach their kids some manners! I have been asked to go back to that school to supply again and I flat out said NO! I hate that school and refuse to go back to it! *grumble*
    gameprogirl, AmberLab and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I saw that, Dave...little buggers...get some kids into that group mentality and it just festers into such uglyness!
    Apparently they've raised over 4k for her...poor dear lady....Bullying is getting out of control!!!!!
    Last I heard it was over 100k!

EDIT: Scratch that, 260k+ now!
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Jun 21st, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    gameprogirl, Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I saw this and heard it discussed on TV this morning.

The young'uns there - and here! - just have no respect for adults - in whatever capacity, in general.
    gameprogirl, Patty Smyth and DaveP like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:23 PM.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Some kids have no respect. My son was raised being empathetic and respectful. My kid would be the one to stand up on the bus and tell the other kids to stop it. I don't understand how those kids can sleep at night. I seen that commercial on elder abuse where the grandkids are taking money and bullying the grandparents and I got really upset. Sometimes I think the smack on the butt when we were kids, actually taught some respect.

Many kids today get everything handed to them, don't appreciate anything and have poor social skills. They need some guidance.
    DaveP likes this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

308k now
    gameprogirl likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

MOB mentality at it's best. No matter what age you are or how thick skinned you think you are this has really got to leave you shaking your head wondering what on earth triggered this?

It could be anyone's kids. We think our kids would not do this but somone's kids are doing it. We have no control over what comes out of their mouths or who influences them once they leave the house. We can only hope it's not ours.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i made it about a minute into the video, i couldn't watch anymore... if either one of my children had been involved in that (and there's no way they would because i've taught them better) they wouldn't be sitting down for awhile absolutely disgusting what kids do and say these days.. no respect for anyone or anything, as long as they have their gadgets and toys and their stupid effin' facebook so they can brag about crap like this, all is well with them... to hell with the rest of the world.. i can only hope that the ones involved are punished accordingly, not just with a little slap on the wrist
    AmberLab, Natalka, KK7 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that video disturbed me more than Magnotta's 1 lunatic 1 icepick
    back in the day, kids RESPECTED their elders!
    a Toronto man raised over $200,000 for this women, just proves men are more caring and altruistic towards the elderly

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4359580/
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hope she takes that money and gies on a long voyage!

On the other hand, her not wanting to press charges: doesn't that just tell those brats that what they did to her wasn't very important? That they can walk away with a slap on the hand by the school?
    They deserve to be made examples of! They're too young for tarring and feathering, but SOMETHING!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information