User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I am not the interac tech team!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

This isn't right.

Admittadly I got upset the last time this happened at RCSS a little while ago. They were the only store to go out (I know this because we made several stops after and asked each place as RCSS claimed it was country wide) Now of course I didn't treat anyone horribly like this but I can sure tell you I ranted to my DH because I spent a good amount of time collecting $200 worth of stuff, getting things organized, putting them on the belt, then to be told sorry cash only. I don't know about most but I don't carry that kind of large wad of cash around on me even if I know I am going to be shopping.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Reading all the posts it now makes me think I should really start carrying sufficient funds in cash to cover what I am planning to purchase, just in case this happens to us. I despise having cash in the wallet though, especially if it is in larger amounts.
    No idea how I will remember to do this though as I often dash out to grab some things on the fly.
    I just knew I was right in the first place in not trusting all this technology. Now that I am spoiled and hooked, the system crashes are rearing their ugly heads. lol!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    This isn't right.

Admittadly I got upset the last time this happened at RCSS a little while ago. They were the only store to go out (I know this because we made several stops after and asked each place as RCSS claimed it was country wide) Now of course I didn't treat anyone horribly like this but I can sure tell you I ranted to my DH because I spent a good amount of time collecting $200 worth of stuff, getting things organized, putting them on the belt, then to be told sorry cash only. I don't know about most but I don't carry that kind of large wad of cash around on me even if I know I am going to be shopping.
    That sucks! It does sound like management needs to do a better job, though. At our local no frills, this has happened a couple times in the last month. As soon as it happens, they put a staff member at the front door who makes sure to tell everyone coming in that it's cash only. Also, they post signs up on all the cash and front doors. I think they actually have them ready printed so they're ready to put them up as soon as something like this happens.

They also announce over the PA several times that it's cash only.

I have not witnessed any problems at this particular store and I think the above is the reason why it works. Makes it a much better place to work for the poor cashiers, too!
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've had that happen. Once during Christmas rush, every till was being used and management was running around like crazy for overrides and price checks and everything... And lines were long. MY till's debit/credit went offline and I was trying to make a cash-only sign between transactions but you don't get that much time when you manually have to take cash and count change, unlike the moments you get with debit/credit. I was fairly new still, 4 or 5 months in, and I was still a bit unsure and meek about how to handle situations, so I had to call management and ask wtf to do.

I got yelled at by people because even though I was telling people debit and credit was down on my till and I was very sorry, I hadn't had time to tape a sign up because it's A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND THE LINES ARE RIDICULOUSLY LONG AND EVERYONE HAS QUESTIONS. And then when I had, I got yelled at again because the sign at the end of my register wasn't where people would look, and the one closer to me wasn't visible until you were 3rd or 4th in line.

It happens. These people have been shopping for years, and yes it's frustrating, but it does happen. Don't worry about it, some people are just pissy-pants or haven't given themselves a long enough amount of time to shop.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

and that, my friends, is why i always make sure to have cash on me!!!

i never rely on debit. too much can go wrong!

and even if i was in that situation, i would never take it out on the cashier!
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Mon, Jun 25th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
    KK7, Shwa Girl and darlataz like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

This is awesome customer service!! It works well for both the customers and staff, saves stress all the around. It would be helpful if stores trained their staff to respond in ways that helped difuse the situation. Unfortunately they are the face of the company without the tools to handle this part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiesaver View Post
    That sucks! It does sound like management needs to do a better job, though. At our local no frills, this has happened a couple times in the last month. As soon as it happens, they put a staff member at the front door who makes sure to tell everyone coming in that it's cash only. Also, they post signs up on all the cash and front doors. I think they actually have them ready printed so they're ready to put them up as soon as something like this happens.

They also announce over the PA several times that it's cash only.

I have not witnessed any problems at this particular store and I think the above is the reason why it works. Makes it a much better place to work for the poor cashiers, too!
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

This reminds me of why I can never get a job doing customer service, I would cry when anything like that happened. I never treat cashiers like that, (unless they were trying to short change me >.> which has happened before).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Attempted assault for certain-as SCer was aware of the other person's action even if the action did not contact her physically, the intent was known.
    Time to get your management on board with some kind of customer notice about physicality is a prosecutable offense, etc. If store management can take issue with customers using their own totes wto carry items in-store while shopping instead of the offered baskets and carts (Fortino's), then management can back their staff's safety with nice big signs too.
    Fabricland store on Upper James in Hamilton has a laminated/taped sign right on the cash counter about no yelling, etc. at the staff or you are in trouble.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

As for the customers wanting some kind of ATM reward for lining up at the cash dispenser-too bad that their narcisstic selves cannot imagine that the banking function is provided by a separate company entity/cost centre from the store. Thus is the cost of "easy."

Guess some people want to show their lack of social skills-a whine and cheese show for free compensation from the store. If cashiers were allowed to sing a chant like soccer fans do or the Oompa-Loompas do in the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie, might people get the message and say sorry?
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Do you ever stop working. Between school and your jobs do you have time to rest? Hope the weekend is a slow one for you.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I work every day this weekend loool. No I don't stop. A year, stopped for a 10 day Spain vacation and wooooot back to work. LOL But, if I stop working, how am I going to supply you fine people with the FPC's and PINS that I do? lol

Hmmmm that being said, are the SYB PINS still any good? i think they expire at the end of this month, yes?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

The cereal ones are done but the breakfast items ones say Sept I believe.

I was at RCSS yesterday and had to use the machine. I waited through the 3 people ahead of me and just as it was my turn some lady behind me with a kid in the cart wanted me to let her go first because I had a few deposits to make, because she had her kid waiting for her. I told her "no, I have a son at home waiting for me". She got all irate calling me rude and got all huffy with me.

I couldn't believe the nerve she had expecting me to wait even longer because she was in a rush. It wasn't like she was elderly or had a cranky baby or something. This was a 5-6 yr old and clearly she felt entitled.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hey-a AmandaPantz, don't you know that cashiers have all the power - like Superman?!?
    walkonby likes this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

as my manger says that customers need to learn the debt machines are a bonus and by no means the machines being down is our fault. Back in the old days there were no debit lol ; ) But as said as it is customers persume that everything is our fault I could start my own rant about the rudeness of some including a grown man swearing at me because my till was closed today. God forbid I wanted to go home and spend time with my daughter on Canada Day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

About two months ago, I was checking out at Fortinos, and neither their debit nor credit were working. Thankfully, I had enough cash to cover my small purchase, but it was an inconvenience. What took the cake though, was the Fortinos cashier telling me that "machines are down globally. It was on the news - debit and credit is not working anywhere."

Now, I consider myself well-versed on the news as I like to stay updated. It just so happened that this was the day that I forgot my phone in my car and hadn't checked the news. So I expressed my surprise and went on my way.

Imagine my surprise when debit and credit were working fine absolutely everywhere else. I understand that outages happen, and I understand that cashiers put up with the brunt of the disappointment from the general public, but I definitely wasn't appreciating the explanation I was given that day.

I will also say this - yes, once bartering became a thing of the past, cash was the norm for payment. But now, I'd say the norm is paying by debit or credit. I know that many people do not carry cash with them, for a multitude of reasons - it's sort of a given that debit will be accepted, save for at local mom and pop shops. It is a reality check to be told you can't use debit or credit, simply because many people don't have a backup for such a scenario, through no fault of their own.

[*A I M Z*]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information