User Tag List

Page 14 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
Like Tree4019Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Obama had tough things to say about the XL Keystone pipeline today.... which has been interpreted as it will be approved shortly. SW Saskatchewan COULD be the center of attention for kooks soon. I'm confidence they'll go home when winter kicks in.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Obama had tough things to say about the XL Keystone pipeline today.... which has been interpreted as it will be approved shortly. SW Saskatchewan COULD be the center of attention for kooks soon. I'm confidence they'll go home when winter kicks in.
    I hope no one gets hurt.
    vesper likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

By the way do you think people know there already IS a pipeline this is just an additional one?
    DaveP and vesper like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

US supreme court in historic rulings on gay marriage

The US Supreme Court has struck down a law denying federal benefits to gay couples and cleared the way for same-sex marriage in California.
    The justices said that the Defense of Marriage Act, known as Doma, discriminated against same-sex couples.
    They also declined to rule on Proposition 8, California's prohibition of gay marriage, in effect allowing such unions to resume in the state.
    Opinion polls indicate that most Americans support same-sex marriage.
    Wednesday's decisions do not affect the bans on gay unions enshrined in the constitutions of more than 30 US states.
    But the California ruling means that 13 US states and the District of Columbia now recognise same-sex marriage.
    i_forget and vesper like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    By the way do you think people know there already IS a pipeline this is just an additional one?
    I think the reason this one suddenly became so controversial, is that there is a handful of billionaires who want this to be canceled, so that oil sands will have to flow along another proposed pipeline through BC, to be sold to Asian markets. These billionaires have spent millions and millions lobbying to make sure it gets denied.

Anyone knows shipping oil sands across the world is many times more harmful, than piping it to Texas.

Canada outta just learn to refine this stuff here, but what do I know???
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Good ruling! It boogles my mind however (riles me up actually) that all this time, Obama could have gotten rid of this law, but didn't.... and i cringe to see Bill Clinton, the guy who passed the law, celebrate it thrown out. I call this 'Progressive Logic' <<--- means 'huh? what? who?... oh shut up'
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Good ruling! It boogles my mind however (riles me up actually) that all this time, Obama could have gotten rid of this law, but didn't.... and i cringe to see Bill Clinton, the guy who passed the law, celebrate it thrown out. I call this 'Progressive Logic' <<--- means 'huh? what? who?... oh shut up'
    People are allowed to change their minds on issues. Sometimes it takes longer than it should especially when the law is stupid and hurts no one once it is undone.

I would rather someone change their mind and admit they were wrong than stick to their guns no matter how outdated and wrong their ideas are.
    xox2010 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

As for Obama not getting rid of this long ago, shame on him.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

George Zimmerman - Not guilty

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Last edited by Patty Smyth; Mon, Jul 22nd, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

On another note, falling into the WTF were they thinking category. Geraldo tweets this

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

So there you have it. We are all inbred and Africans remain the pure race.
    Interbred, not inbred.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Interbred, not inbred.
    Really? Do I go around correcting your posts?
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Really? Do I go around correcting your posts?
    No, and I don't make it a practice either, but in this context it's two entirely opposite meanings. Inbred meaning less genetic diversity, interbred meaning more genetic diversity.

Inbred: to breed (individuals of a closely related group) repeatedly.

Interbred: Breed with another of a different race or species.

The article was talking about the second, as in we interbred with Neanderthals and as a result have more genetic diversity, not less which would be the result of inbreeding. Just didn't want there to be any confusion - no intention to offend.
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, Jul 22nd, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just awful

http://globalnews.ca/news/745760/sev...dminster-sask/

LLOYDMINSTER, Sask. – Emergency services are still at the scene of a tragic two vehicle collision southeast of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan.
    A northbound semi tanker truck hauling crude oil and an eastbound car on Township Road 490 collided around 4:20 a.m. Saturday. Crews were still working to remove the tanker from the slough late Saturday.
    “The semi did roll, once it went into the slough it became upside down and sitting on its roof in the slough,” explained Corporal Rob King with Saskatchewan RCMP. “It was not on top of the car. The car was in a separate area, still in the slough and submerged.”
    RCMP have now confirmed six people, three females and three males, were killed. It was originally thought seven people had perished in the crash.
    All of the victims were travelling in the car which ended up submerged in a slough near the intersection of Highway 17.
    Five were declared dead at the scene. The sixth victim died a short time later in hospital.
    The victim’s ages range from 13 to 17. Mounties have identified the victims and notified families, but have yet to release any names.
    “At this point we don’t believe any of them were related, they were all acquaintances,” King said. “We’re not going to release where they were from or their names right away, until we have permission from the families… Right now, our main concern is gathering evidence, trying to determine what happened, and then trying to assist the families as best we can through such a tragic event.
    “I believe all are from Saskatchewan,” King added.
    The city’s deputy mayor says everyone in the community has been “shocked and dismayed” by the collision.
    “On behalf on everyone here, we’d like to just say that our hearts go out to the families and friends of these young people that have passed on in this tragic accident. And we would just hope that if there’s any comfort, that we’re thinking of them and our prayers go out to all the families,” said Rob Saunders.
    The driver of the semi was taken to hospital with undetermined injuries.
    The scene is still closed and there will be no access until a RCMP reconstructionist is done gathering evidence. RCMP say the investigation is in its very early stages.
    “Right now, we’re on step, maybe, 10 of 5,000. So to determine exactly what the circumstances were in the accident is going to take some time. Possible alcohol use or something like that, we’ll take toxicology results, which take several months to come back,” said King.
    DaveP likes this.

Page 14 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread Information