User Tag List

Page 121 of 239 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Why does it irk you, @Natalka ???
    'in all of us command' is very awkward, it niggles at the English teacher in me.

And why stop at that one PC thing - plenty more they could have picked on:

Why would they leave in the 'command'? Nobody should be telling anybody what to do!
    stand on guard - what about the differently abled? Guard - how militaristic
    native - really? around here we have had to stop using that word - usually replaced with aboriginal or indigenous
    glowing hearts - how sappy can you get?
    O, as in O Canada, and Thee - pretty old fashioned, no? How about Hey, Canada and You?

Actually rather surprized the first thing up for change wasn't to get rid of the God reference.

Sure, tongue in cheek (maybe....)
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:08 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Actually rather surprized the first thing up for change wasn't to get rid of the God reference.
    I can see them taking it from "God save our land" or "All save our land"...we're going to get so inclusive that no one will be able to figure out who the song is about lol.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ exactly - then it's going to be time to go to instrumental, no lyrics.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...s-tear-gassed/

What city wants to host a soccer event anymore when this happens?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, Avon, for sending this to me...I only wish we could blast it all over the internet. For now, this is all I know how to do, hoping those who can spread it around, do so...
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

British MP dies after shooting

An MP has died after she was shot and stabbed in a "horrific" assault in her constituency, police have said.
    Jo Cox, Labour MP for Batley and Spen, was left bleeding on the ground after the attack in West Yorkshire. A 52-year-old man was arrested nearby.
    One eyewitness told the BBC they heard her attacker shout "put Britain first" at least twice beforehand.
    Tributes flooded in from politicians including David Cameron, Jeremy Corbyn and US Secretary of State John Kerry.
    Mrs Cox's husband Brendan said she would want people "to unite to fight against the hatred that killed her".

Vote Leave and Remain have both suspended campaigning in the EU referendum in light of the attack.
    Mrs Cox, 41, is the first sitting MP to be killed since 1990, when Ian Gow was the last in a string of politicians to die at the hands of Northern Irish terror groups.
    The arrested man was named locally as Tommy Mair.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Britain First deny involvement in Ms Cox's death

Britain First has denied involvement in the attack on Labour MP Jo Cox in Birstall, west Yorkshire – and the group's leader has said he would like to see the person who carried it out "strung up by the neck on the nearest lamp post."
    The 41-year-old politician has died after she was shot and stabbed outside Birstall library, where she was holding an advice surgery for constituents.
    Following reports that a man shouted "Britain First" as he attacked Ms Cox, the group issued a statement describing the claims as hearsay from unconfirmed sources, according to a statement on the political group's website.
    "Britain First obviously is NOT involved and would never encourage behaviour of this sort," said the statement, released before the politician's death was announced. "As an MP and and a mother, we pray that Jo Cox makes a full recovery."

“There is LOTS of use of words such as “apparently” and “allegedly”, said the statement. “That hasn’t stopped the media publishing multiple articles condemning Britain First for somehow being involved.”

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-saved-his-son

https://www.facebook.com/erinotoolec...54915371267170

Liberals Whiped the vote to block a bill put forth by Ziad Aboultaif that would have created a national organ donor registry. Why exactly would they do that?

Tonight, after an emotional vote to change O Canada, my friend and colleague Ziad had to sit and watch the Liberals whip their vote to defeat his Organ Donor Bill inspired by his son Tyler who is alive today because of 3 liver donations. Sunny Ways

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://ipolitics.ca/2016/06/16/un-g...earch-results/

Docs show that the Liberal government made 51 requests to Google from 11-4-15 - 3-3-16 to remove records of Harper’s time in office

Why are they acting orwellian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    'in all of us command' is very awkward, it niggles at the English teacher in me.

And why stop at that one PC thing - plenty more they could have picked on:

Why would they leave in the 'command'? Nobody should be telling anybody what to do!
    stand on guard - what about the differently abled? Guard - how militaristic
    native - really? around here we have had to stop using that word - usually replaced with aboriginal or indigenous
    glowing hearts - how sappy can you get?
    O, as in O Canada, and Thee - pretty old fashioned, no? How about Hey, Canada and You?

Sure, tongue in cheek (maybe....)
    I agree. What also bothered me was that it was rushed through as a sympathy vote for a dying man. Belanger is a great MP - well liked in the Ottawa area. But something as important as changing our national anthem could no longer be rationally discussed because of course they had to vote in favour. Anyone who voted against it was seen as cruel and uncaring.
    Mia001 and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ +1 totally agree

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    This was absolutely horrible!
    Mia001 and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...er-a-month-ago

Gun store owner warned the FBI over a month ago about the shooter and was ignored

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

In a further indication of far-right reaction to the murder of Jo Cox, the Observer’s home affairs editor Mark Townsend reports that another Yorkshire MP received a death threat for sympathising with refugees the day before Jo Cox was murdered.
    Notts Casual Infidels, a far-right group belonging to the extremist Infidels network, posted an image of York Central Labour MP Rachael Maskell addressing a “refugees welcome rally” at 9.39am on Thursday 15 June with the warning: “This needs to disappear.”

Hours after Cox’s death later that day, the same group said in a Facebook post: “We knew it was only a matter of time before we take it to the next level. We have been mugged off for Far to (sic) long.” The post was later deleted.

That follows the news that police are investigating a white supremacist group after applause for the killing was posted on one of its social media accounts.
    According to the anti-fascist group Hope Not Hate, at least nine MPs have been targeted by far-right activists during the past two years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...P=share_btn_fb

Page 121 of 239 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast

Thread Information