User Tag List

Page 122 of 239 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3577
Like Tree4017Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Nazi regalia discovered in Jo Cox murder's house

Special police units who searched the house of the man arrested after the killing of MP Jo Cox are believed to have found samples of Nazi regalia and far-right literature. Thomas Mair was also known to have bought books from a US-based neo-Nazi group, including guides on how to build homemade guns and explosives, according to an anti-hate campaign group in the US. Among them was a manual on how to make a homemade pistol.
    Sources say that the suspected killer was lucid when first questioned. A picture is now emerging of a deliberately targeted attack in which Mair lay in wait for the MP as she emerged from her constituency meeting on Thursday. Witnesses have confirmed that he shouted “Britain first” or “Put Britain first” as he attacked Cox, who was 41 and had two children. Britain First is the name of a far-right political party.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Natalka likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, the double standard makes me just SICK! That Conservative member's juice turned into a 'fiasco', whereas no one gives a crap when the Liberals do the same thing.

Because they are Liberals.

Sickening.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's time to call the killing of Ms Cox what it is, an act of far right terrorism

Why is it important how we refer to this wicked act?
    Because calling it by its name shakes us out of our complacency and it helps us to understand how we should react. There’s a tendency to think of Britain as a moderate, sensible, reasonable place. Until yesterday, we had been spared the horrifying extremist attacks that have recently been taking place in other western countries. And Britain is mostly a safe and moderate place.
    But our society is not immune from extremist hatred, whether it’s Islamist or fascist. There is an ongoing and energetic discussion about Islamic extremism. There is very little discussion of our enduring fascist heritage. Yet Britain has been home to fascist groups for decades. There was a strong vein of support for Adolf Hitler in this country before the Second World War. The first lists of banned speakers drawn up by university student unions were populated by hateful fascists, not Islamist hate preachers or mildly controversial Right-wingers.

Mr Mair might be a mentally ill loner. But he is also a loner who took inspiration from neo-Nazism, just as other mentally ill loners have been inspired by Isil propaganda. It seems increasingly clear that Mr Mair belongs to a vile tradition of the murderous far-Right that includes Anders Breivik and Timothy McVeigh.
    This has implications for police priorities and our national discourse. It’s extremely difficult for the authorities to track and stop people who are acting alone without the use of a broader extremist infrastructure. But this killing suggests that keeping an eye on far-right, potentially violent extremists should be higher on the agenda.
    Does this mean that normal Right-wing activists who want to reduce immigration or vote for Brexit are somehow responsible for this attack? Of course not, just as normal Muslims are not implicated in jihadist terrorism. It is right that the country responded in a dignified and restrained manner to this attack. We should not be pointing the finger at activists or politicians who had nothing to do with it - and that applies to all acts of terrorist violence, Islamist, fascist or otherwise.
    This awful week does show, however, that we have to be more vigilant in our political life about the growth or toleration of extreme nationalist ideas. We might not have such mainstream racists in the spotlight as Donald Trump or Marine Le Pen. But we have to think more critically about where the line is between dangerous incitement and acceptable expressions of rage or alienation. Britain is for the most part a decent, tolerant place. The responsibility for keeping it that way belongs to all of us.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trudeau went to McDonalds today and ordered a cheeseburger happy meal, a Big Mac meal, a quarter pounder with cheese meal, and a McChicken.

CBC News - Trending. Seriously.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/mcdo...itby-1.3642207

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

FFS. Are people so stupid in this day and age that this is what's important to them??? I hate the CBC.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Trudeau went to McDonalds today and ordered a cheeseburger happy meal, a Big Mac meal, a quarter pounder with cheese meal, and a McChicken.

CBC News - Trending. Seriously.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/mcdo...itby-1.3642207
    gryphon, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have been avoiding Brexit articles because there have been just too many of them but this one is a nice summary of the issues. Vote is June 23.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle30507589/
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Sun suggests Goodwill went bankrupt because

“They were pi--ing money left, right and centre on grievances because they wanted to take them right to arbitration,” said one insider.

“They thought arbitration was healthy ... There was a climate of intimidation ... they would never back down,” another said.
    The insiders, who spoke with the Toronto Sun last week on condition of anonymity, say while Nakamura was rarely seen, Goodwill’s manager of human resources and organizational development, Luisa Muffo-Magalhaes, was the go-to person for employees and apparently rarely, if ever, agreed to settle employee grievances, even over the most minor concern.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/06/19...thout-question

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I have been avoiding Brexit articles because there have been just too many of them but this one is a nice summary of the issues. Vote is June 23.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle30507589/
    That's a hideous simplest article..

It's far more complicated than that..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._nakamura.html

^^Nakamura was at TCHC before Goodwill earned $217,617.31 as CEO in 2009 at TCHC, let go in 2011. Auditor’s report, which uncovered a culture of lavish spending at TCHC
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topst...SS2?li=AAggNb9

represents a significant threat with a still-shaky economy.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I would think this was so cool if this happened to me:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06..._10569590.html
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    I'm sure President Obama has more important things to do than micro-manage DoJ/FBI investigations...

Joint Statement From Justice Department and FBI Regarding Transcript Related to the Orlando Terror Attack

The Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) issued the following statement regarding the FBI's release of the transcript related to the Orlando shooting:
    “The purpose of releasing the partial transcript of the shooter's interaction with 911 operators was to provide transparency, while remaining sensitive to the interests of the surviving victims, their families, and the integrity of the ongoing investigation. We also did not want to provide the killer or terrorist organizations with a publicity platform for hateful propaganda. Unfortunately, the unreleased portions of the transcript that named the terrorist organizations and leaders have caused an unnecessary distraction from the hard work that the FBI and our law enforcement partners have been doing to investigate this heinous crime. As much of this information had been previously reported, we have re-issued the complete transcript to include these references in order to provide the highest level of transparency possible under the circumstances.”
    Transcript of Orlando Police Department 911 Calls, June 12, 2016
    2:35 a.m.: Shooter contacted a 911 operator from inside Pulse. The call lasted approximately 50 seconds, the details of which are set out below:
    (OD) Orlando Police Dispatcher
    (OM) Omar Mateen
    OD: Emergency 911, this is being recorded.
    OM: In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficent [Arabic]
    OD: What?
    OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [Arabic]. I wanna let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings.
    OD: What’s your name?
    OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of the Islamic State.
    OD: Ok, What’s your name?
    OM: I pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi may God protect him [Arabic], on behalf of the Islamic State.
    OD: Alright, where are you at?
    OM: In Orlando.
    OD: Where in Orlando?
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/joint...-terror-attack

Page 122 of 239 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast

Thread Information