User Tag List

Page 124 of 239 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lecale likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The 3 towns I spent most of my life pre-Canada voted Leave...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Just saw remain go over 50% for the first time tonite
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Guardian saying 16.8 m votes to win..

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Leave 52%...Remain 48%
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Mu first town Remain vote...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Leave 52%...Remain 48%
    Just saw that...wow, what if they really vote leave?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Just saw that...wow, what if they really vote leave?

IIRC..it's not totally binding( need to check that!)..

but UK can't just pick up their ball and go home. It will take a stupid amount of time to unpick all the monetary considerations of payments into the Eu and the subsidies out of the EU and then re-negotiate all those pesky trade agreements, travel exemptions, yaada..yada...yada..not just with Europe but with those countries who made a blanket deal with the EU

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BBC ITV and more are calling it for leave
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Over 1 mill votes now difference..Leave needs approx 1.4 mill to win

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wiki cos I'm being lazy..

Procedure for a withdrawal

There is no precedent for a sovereign member state leaving the European Union or any of its predecessor organisations. However, three territories of EU member states have withdrawn: Algeria (1962, independence from France),[60] Greenland (1985)[61] and Saint Barthélemy (2012),[62] the latter two becoming Overseas Countries and Territories of the European Union.
    Article 49A of the Treaty of Lisbon, which came into force on 1 December 2009, introduced for the first time a procedure for a member state to withdraw voluntarily from the EU.[63] This is specified in Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union, which states that:[64]

1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.
    2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.
    3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
    Remaining members of the EU consequently would need to undertake negotiations to manage change over the EU's budgets, voting allocations and policies brought about by the withdrawal of any member state.[65]

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wiki cos I'm feeling lazy

Procedure for a withdrawal

There is no precedent for a sovereign member state leaving the European Union or any of its predecessor organisations. However, three territories of EU member states have withdrawn: Algeria (1962, independence from France),[60] Greenland (1985)[61] and Saint Barthélemy (2012),[62] the latter two becoming Overseas Countries and Territories of the European Union.
    Article 49A of the Treaty of Lisbon, which came into force on 1 December 2009, introduced for the first time a procedure for a member state to withdraw voluntarily from the EU.[63] This is specified in Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union, which states that:[64]

1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.
    2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.
    3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
    Remaining members of the EU consequently would need to undertake negotiations to manage change over the EU's budgets, voting allocations and policies brought about by the withdrawal of any member state.[65]

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm wondering if a Leave result will cause another Scottish Referendum to leave the UK and join Europe as an independent kingdom..

Page 124 of 239 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast

Thread Information